Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 28774 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #450 on: August 29, 2017, 03:42:45 am »
For me, the only redeemable things from the finale were that:

A) littlefinger at least went out in a believable manner... the man was so cunning and careful that the only way to catch him is to be some omnipresent being that can just watch him commit his various villainous acts. granted, the show wants us to believe that it was mostly sansa/arya's "clever plotting" during this entire season that led to it, i'd rather just believe that off-screen brann managed to convince all the lords of the north of his powers ("ask me a question about your past that i shouldn't know and ill give you the answer" - that sort of thing) and then had sansa call up that meeting to have arya end him.

B) jaime, who is probably the last main character i like, finally left cersei to do "what is right." it was a kind of a cliche decision at this point to have the only likable guy on the lannister side (apart from bronn, who for all we know may just pop up outa nowhere next season and tag along with him) team up with the heroes, but to be fair she has put him in shitty positions like this before and he's still stood by her side all this time. excited to see what he ends up accomplishing by joining the good guys seeing how he's not much of a fighter himself and apparently brought along no help.

C) cersei apparently deceiving tyrion is kinda cool i guess, since he's been noticeably slacking lately it would have been really weird if he somehow convinced the most evil person alive (who also hates him quite a bit) to join up with him and the other good guys. although, seeing how we don't know what even went down in that meeting we don't know if there were some secret terms that they agreed to that kinda make this a moot point.

D) lol i though there were more things on this list but i guess not. classic d&d writing just made everything so "basic."
add to that list the ice dragon was cool and it didnt melt the wall but was more like a harder force crumbling a weaker one.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #451 on: August 29, 2017, 07:16:03 am »
+1
add to that list the ice dragon was cool and it didnt melt the wall but was more like a harder force crumbling a weaker one.

I actually left it off the list because while it was definitely visually pleasing and very fan-servicey, I felt like the night king should have had some other plan in case, you know, his enemies didn't just hand him a dragon. Maybe he could have used the dragon to attack eastwatch and then walk over and freeze the ocean with ice magic. Woulda been more practical, although definitely less hype than the wall (or part of it anyways) coming down. Maybe he coulda had his giant wights man some siege engines (since making huge chains to drag a dragon out of the lake is doable, apparently the night king has a corpse-filled engineering corps) to tear a hole in the wall. Hopefully he actually uses the horn or something else in the books.

And I'm also hella disappointed that we didn't really see any extras get burnt/frozen/obliterated by the blue fire/ice/magic breath. Like, what exactly does it do? Is it simply blue-colored fire? Is it an icey blast? Or just some magically forceful beam?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2017, 08:56:55 am »
+2
show us on the doll where the bad man touched you james

The thing about this show is that it isn't actually bad in the larger scope of TV shows. But it's become a game of waiting for events we can all predict are coming. There's zero upsets and unexpected stuff happening, something that would flip the story on it's head at least a little bit. It's fan servicy as fuck. Compared to previous seasons, where the train was derailing at several points, it's now going full speed smooth straight towards that end fight between good and bad. It's almost like it's not the same show.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2017, 09:27:35 am »
+2
show us on the doll where the bad man touched you james

The thing about this show is that it isn't actually bad in the larger scope of TV shows. But it's become a game of waiting for events we can all predict are coming. There's zero upsets and unexpected stuff happening, something that would flip the story on it's head at least a little bit. It's fan servicy as fuck. Compared to previous seasons, where the train was derailing at several points, it's now going full speed smooth straight towards that end fight between good and bad. It's almost like it's not the same show.

Yeah it's still better than most TV, the bitching and disappointment is from the fact that it USED to be much better.

On an unrelated note, season 6 battle of the bastards is the most cringey episode ever, just because of how fucking dumb Sansa is.

Battle planning session:

- Aegon Targaryen makes battle plans
- Sansa waits until they're done, then bitches at Aegon for not asking her advice, because fuck knowing anything about war, SHE KNOWS RAMSAY!!!!!!!!!11
- Aegon asks her what her advice is
- Sansa says "uhm no idea, just don't do what he wants you to do"
- Aegon goes ".............."
- Sansa whines: "IS THAT OBVIOUS??? OH????? WAS IT OBVIOUS TOO WHEN I TOLD YOU NOT TO ATTACK WINTERFELL UNTIL WE HAVE A LARGER FORCE?????????????"
- Aegon: "When will we have a larger force? We already asked everyone."
- Sansa: *stays quiet and doesn't tell Aegon about the reinforcements that are coming, the reinforcements she almost didn't ask for just because of her pride*

Like, holy fuck, what the shit? This is the most obnoxious fucking scene I've ever watched. Okay it'd be fine but still annoying if it was meant to demonstrate that Sansa is a retarded little child, but nope, the behind-the-scenes episode made it clear she was supposed to be in the right in this scene, with D&D and Sansa's actor going LOL WHY WOULDNT KIT TARGARYEN LISTEN TO SALSA??????

And that's inb4 Sansa's righteous smirk when she arrives with the cavalry after getting most of Aegon's army killed and Aegon himself almost killed
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2017, 09:39:07 am »
+4
Imagine being Kit in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Emilia Clarke, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Kit and not only lie in that bed while Emilia Clarke flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that sex choreography. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, EMILIA CLARKE LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the slums of London. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Kit. You're not going to lose your acting career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2017, 12:50:51 pm »
lol I really enjoy the show. I honestly just can't understand how people complain so much

You guys got me like
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2017, 02:18:02 pm »
+3

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2017, 05:37:22 pm »
+3
show us on the doll where the bad man touched you
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »
+3
God damn D&D writing is shit, season 6 finale was some awful garbage with its "Lancel Lannister sees a little kid and runs after him for no reason, little kid leads him straight to the wildfire for no reason, Lancel Lannister then somehow gets stabbed by a teleporting five year old...... and then he like, crawls to the "timer", but he's just seconds too late (except he's not but instead of snuffing the candles he just stares)!! WOW what a rollercoaster!!!" and then the Grandmaester gets stabbed by a bunch of children, for no fucking reason at all.

It all makes sense when you consider what they've said in all the behind the scenes videos, all they care about is creating cheap drama, they don't give a fuck if the writing makes sense. I wish GRRM had finished the books before the series was made.

And wait what? All the Sparrows died in the wildfire explosion according to Cersei. Wtf. So the two most powerful families on Westeros were terrorized for an entire season by 20 unarmed, untrained, club wielding peasants. Nice
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:40:28 pm by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:28 pm »
+1
The Pycelle storyline was finished in the books though , he and Kevan Lannister took over ruling Kings landing after Cersai was arrested and we're doing too good of a job so Varys murdered him and had his little birds (they were never qyburns at all) help him kill Kevan because he wanted turmoil to continue so he could get Griff Jr aka Aegon Targaryn VI on the iron throne.

So it wouldn't have mattered if GRRM had finished the books first before show because they still take what he wrote and gut it and change it to other things and other people to serve their purpose.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:01:19 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2017, 10:15:32 pm »
Jaime knows the Eurine'on'you is going to get the elephant merks, now he can teleport to the north and teleport back in time to stop them. 

Also will the Elephant merks be like indian looking dudes or like asain looking dudes?  If the writers keep doing shit just for the sake of doing it they should have a elephant Legolas that can run on a dragons back and tusk it to death while its flying.

Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #462 on: August 30, 2017, 01:31:13 am »
+5
cRPG men - "While the show is still quite entertaining, the quality of writing has declined in recent seasons, here are several examples."

James - "In my opinion you are wrong!!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #463 on: August 30, 2017, 02:01:42 am »
Oh btw, why is Jon's real name Aegon? Doesn't Rhaegar already have a son called Aegon?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 30, 2017, 03:21:44 am »
+1
Oh btw, why is Jon's real name Aegon? Doesn't Rhaegar already have a son called Aegon?
yeah in the books it was young griff being raised by Jon Connington who was using Griff as an alias hence the young Griif and supported by Varys
PENDULUM