Author Topic: cRPG  (Read 7904 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: cRPG
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 12:45:49 pm »
afaik they said they wont. they also said they have no plans to ever implement a co op single player for some retarded reason

Coop-Singleplayer would be incredibly difficult to implement properly.
A half assed solution would surely be possible, but no one would be happy with it.

I would gladly dismiss multiplayer if coop singleplayer was a thing myself, but it just is way too difficult.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: cRPG
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 07:59:48 pm »
+1
The co-op singleplayer would be hard to implement from a balance and time passage stand point, I think is Taleworld's argument? I think a simple solution is to keep the game going in real time when one player is in a battle, so that the other player can come in and join the fight, move around the map, or take advantage and siege a castle while the opponent is occupied in the field. However, when both players are in a battle or a scene, time stops and the AI stops making moves on the map until one player exits the fight or scene. Not hard Taleworlds.

Honestly, how hard is it to implement? Unless they kept their horribly near sighted, hard coded crap in awful places like in Warband. I mean who cares if it is unbalanced or a bit buggy, i'd rather have the option to have some great moments with my friend rather than just nothing at all. Seriously, Taleworlds has had like 4 years now, and they will probably have been in development for 5-6 years when it finally comes out. Doesn't seem like a huge project. Hopefully a modder can make it possible with Bannerlord since that's what Taleworlds is banking on that modders will fix the flaws they left in the game.