Poll

Will you pre buy oKaM if a sale takes place?

Yes, most certainly.
No, I won't.
Depends from the price.
No, because I already own oKaM.

Author Topic: Let us pre-buy oKaM, Donkey team.  (Read 20206 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Let us pre-buy oKaM, Donkey team.
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:24:34 pm »
+11
There are plenty of people who did not back you up at the kickstarter, DonkeyCrew.

Some were having second thoughts while some others (including me) did not have a card to purchase/back you up at that time.

This is the third time I am asking for this, chadz, there are plenty of old timers who do not own oKaM, and after seeing the test videos/images, want to buy it AND support you.

I am literally begging you mate, let us support you & donkey team, let us pre buy oKaM, I am more than willing to spend 30-50 euros to pre buy it.

and yes,
I want to be a pain in the ass in oKaM aswell, cmp.  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Let us pre-buy oKaM, Donkey team.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:26:24 pm »
+3
Also, if you indeed make the sales donkey crew, allow paypal & paysafe payments, please.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:30:38 pm »
+3
Apologies - some things went wrong in the last weeks, we messed up our timings here and there.

The original plan was to release a short video of our game, and our new name, beginning of April. We ran into some troubles, and lost a bit of time, and while trying to fix things panicky we got a bit unorganised :wink:

So, after getting our shit together, this is what's going to happen the next weeks:

Somewhen next week, the new name is announced, with a teaser video.

Next week, Sunday, May 1st, 6pm to 8pm GMT, we will have a combat test with our inital backers (all Scholars on the Forum) on a european server. (It's not bias for EU, but we need good pings in the office to get proper results for our test - NA will come soon as well) We will let you know in time where and how to get the client. The combat you've seen in our last video is not relevant any more - we made some huge changes after having a collective epiphany. Most people who tried it so far were very pleased with it, I personally love it, and I think most of you (definitely not all of you, it's not cRPG) will be pleasantly surprised - I will not reveal more at this point :wink:.

This test will help us figure out: how you like the combat, if the game runs performant on different PCs, if it will crash the servers, or the clients, if it will burn houses down, if the network code works (it might need some improvements), etc etc. The gamemode will be a simple battle mode, as we want to test combat only. It's important to test with a limited amount of people to not overload our servers yet.

Now, depending on how that test goes, the sunday after we will try another test with backers, or possibly more or all members from the cRPG community. It depends on what we want to test - performance, combat, network. We start with timed tests because it makes it easier for us to test specific things that need testing, and to get enough players for those timeslots.

Again, apologies for our miscommunication - I promise we'll try and do better. For now we're very happy to be able to show you a small yet polished part of our game next week, and we're very excited about the upcoming sunday. We have a shitton of work ahead of us for that, so: "see you in 9 days" to the scholars, and "stay tuned, it might be your turn soon" to all the others. Exciting times ahead :)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:35:20 pm »
+2
"Might" is not enough for me  :mrgreen:

I just want to make sure it will happen!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »
+3
"Might" is not enough for me  :mrgreen:

I just want to make sure it will happen!

"Might is right!"

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1235
  • Infamy: 177
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »
+1
Wait for official announcement by their publisher. They'll probably offer it on Steam through EA program.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 04:11:55 pm »
+1
*cough* Steam *cough*

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline khelbyz

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 04:19:33 pm »
+2
The sooner the better. I was far from internet when the kickstarter came out and would have completly backed it (like hell I would have).
Well then this chance is gone, let's not cry over it but if some people here could have the chance to pre-buy the game, this would be huge for us I think.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 05:03:45 pm »
+2
Honestly, from the very beginning I was highly skeptical about this project. Some friends of mine know my thoughts, but I never expressed them on forums to do no harm with starting the pointless forum wars. My main suspicion was - how many things and features donkey team could carry out of those that they have announced in this topic. I mean, as an artistic person irl, I know that many of things you imagine to do when you start your project, then drop off simply because you have not enough skill/time/budget/patience to do them all. So, there is (not always) a huge difference between your initial idea, and the final result. Also, I never really liked m:bg animations. I mean, I know they were early pre-alpha and so on, but still... Anyway, right now I'm hyped as hell, and eager for any news about how the alpha test went through. So, now I'd like to see these questions to be answered 1st, untill I possibly buy it:
So how was the testing?
How many people participated?
Was the combat good?
Is this pretty much the base for the final combat? Or is it likely that some major things could still be changed?
Will it be possible to have a test sometime with non scholars? Id really love to give it a go  :D
Anyone gonna try upload a vid of the test? Or will Donkey Crew release a vid previewing new combat?
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »
+3
Noo, dont let it become a pre-order early access mess! The new name already gives me a hint of that.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »
+1
I will pre-order it as I did put $45 down on the kick-starter, just missed out on their other offer when the ks failed as I wasn't paying attention at that point.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1240
  • Infamy: 2004
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
+1
Noo, dont let it become a pre-order early access mess! The new name already gives me a hint of that.

Not every EA game ends like DayZ. They do take a lot until fully finished but are perfectly playable years before that happens. Darkest Dungeon, Factorio, KSP, Prison Arhitect are shining examples that Steam EA is not all bad.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 06:21:08 pm »
+19
When did EA stop meaning Electronic Arts and start meaning Early Access?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 06:25:31 pm »
+6
When did EA stop meaning Electronic Arts and start meaning Early Access?

Aye, I got pretty confused about any potential relation between Electronic Arts and Donk Team myself when I read that.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »
+2
Not every EA game ends like DayZ. They do take a lot until fully finished but are perfectly playable years before that happens. Darkest Dungeon, Factorio, KSP, Prison Arhitect are shining examples that Steam EA is not all bad.

It's never enough to say how good is Darkest Dungeon  :wink: And yes, it was perfectly playable since the release as an early access.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:38:26 pm by Falka »