Author Topic: Elegant Bronze Long Bow  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
Elegant Bronze Long Bow
« on: February 22, 2016, 12:57:06 pm »
I just noticed I have it in my inventory, and it isn't avilable to buy it anymore.

Anyone can telll me am I free to use it or not?
looking at it's stats it's more like ballista than bow on MW
Archer forever :D

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: Elegant Bronze Long Bow
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »
it's an event item now, which means you can win it in tournaments.

i have no idea if you are allowed to use it or not without having played in a tournament, but i guess it will be a pain to check which players have bought it in the short time it was available and which have won it as a prize, so just keep it for now i guess. maybe one of the event managers will say something more specific about this after clarifying the technical constraints of their idea with Dupre or harald

loomed versions of the weapons have been (or will be?) globally removed and players who had (have?) them either already got a manual refund from dupre, or will receive a global refund later which is going to be implemented Soon™
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 02:38:27 pm »
thx

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 04:26:31 pm »
it's an event item now, which means you can win it in tournaments.

i have no idea if you are allowed to use it or not without having played in a tournament, but i guess it will be a pain to check which players have bought it in the short time it was available and which have won it as a prize, so just keep it for now i guess. maybe one of the event managers will say something more specific about this after clarifying the technical constraints of their idea with Dupre or harald

loomed versions of the weapons have been (or will be?) globally removed and players who had (have?) them either already got a manual refund from dupre, or will receive a global refund later which is going to be implemented Soon™
he can also loom it and It have very good stats you should really look more in to it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:53:34 pm »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:39 am »
Just in case it has its final stats already; Could you stop handing out clearly OP items in events even before you start doing that? Thanks!

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 11:38:14 am »
Isn't that completely locked down? Because I see people using it, like a lot of people.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:15 pm »
i didn't loom my one and not eve one use it on battle (only like once on eu3 to check what it that thing) it's sad that ppl are trying to have op things without almost no effort.

I think we should help devs and write down names of ppl that have those bows (we saw them using them)

I'll start: (sorry if i'll type their names wrong)
Fuma_Kotaro

I also saw Vanguard archer with Za... on begining of his name i have no idea how it goes... sorry, I have anti talent to remember names...

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 12:33:25 pm »
I think publicly announcing names is kinda inappropriate.
Can't Dupre just disable the bows? I am sure only a small bunch of people has the bow, it didn't stay in marketplace for too long.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 12:40:29 pm »
I think publicly announcing names is kinda inappropriate.
why you think so? Ppl are using event bows without winning them, it's not fair. We should name ppl that are doing a not fair things compared to others, so maybe some of them will stop doing them.
for example GTX ability :P

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 11:57:29 pm »
Just in case it has its final stats already; Could you stop handing out clearly OP items in events even before you start doing that? Thanks!
this bow it's not so good, max average choice trust me i would never ever reforge 'OP' weapon so get a Brain On my friend :lol:

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:06 am »
this bow it's not so good, max average choice trust me i would never ever reforge 'OP' weapon so get a Brain On my friend :lol:

At +3 it's broken as fuck, but at +0 it's the same as Lord Longbow. It won't overshadow all the rest of the bows so I guess that will be the eventual event item.

I'm not yet sure about the rest of archery internal balance, but I wouldn't call the item bad at any rate. Everyone including other archers, crossbowmen and their thrower drinking buddies will be more accurate than you and will certainly fire faster than you, but when you get a hit in it will hurt, with a hypothetical maximum of 102 cut damage per arrow (+- a per cent or two from wpf ). At the +3 stats, that number would have been 107 cut per arrow. Also most maps allow enough maneuvering and cover to avoid the worst of the sharpshooters.

The damage and the almost gunlike missile speed make the +3 Lord Longbow / +0 Elegent a worthwhile contender among bows at least in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:12:36 am by Rhekimos »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 02:23:27 am »
At +3 it's broken as fuck, but at +0 it's the same as Lord Longbow. It won't overshadow all the rest of the bows so I guess that will be the eventual event item.

I'm not yet sure about the rest of archery internal balance, but I wouldn't call the item bad at any rate. Everyone including other archers, crossbowmen and their thrower drinking buddies will be more accurate than you and will certainly fire faster than you, but when you get a hit in it will hurt, with a hypothetical maximum of 102 cut damage per arrow (+- a per cent or two from wpf ). At the +3 stats, that number would have been 107 cut per arrow. Also most maps allow enough maneuvering and cover to avoid the worst of the sharpshooters.

The damage and the almost gunlike missile speed make the +3 Lord Longbow / +0 Elegent a worthwhile contender among bows at least in my opinion.
nope, u do not neet a Lord Lb or Bronze +3 they are not even a good bows they are overkills for bad archers, after the patch they are some pretty pretty awesome 2 bows and its not Lord LB or Bronze  :twisted:

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »