Author Topic: 0.4.5.0  (Read 48004 times)

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
Re: 0.4.5.0
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 10:14:37 pm »
+7
Hey guys, slow down on all the infantile negativity.
Making douchebag comments doesnt do anything but demoralize the people who are working tirelessly to improve this awesome game.

I wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work you've put in. 
I wish these people wouldnt jump straight at any opportunity to critisize...

You are appreciated and adored!

It's going to take some time to get everything right, if you guys could be a little more constructive about your impressions of the changes that would be alot more helpful in the long run.
idunno who started saying Gib Looms... but im startign to say Gib in all my statements at work and home...
example speaking to wife: Gib supper.... example speaking to boss: Gib more monies... example speaking to youtards: gib more thought to commentary
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 10:15:26 pm »
+1
Soon™

We only have 1 brain and two hands each, sorry for that  :(

Just to say: xbow gonna change a bit again tonight.
Dammages and accuracy modifications.

You should also consider this for the next patch (along with actually fixing it)
http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/make-viking-round-shield-0-difficulty/

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 11:08:39 pm »
+2
What about the reload speed that shit is ridiculous AND the time it takes to actually release the bolt, by the time you lined up your shot they have 2 seconds to move from their spot before the bolt even releases after you click

I notice this as well. Not nice. Not good - super weird.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »
+1
thahaha holy shit arbalest 24str? :D Can´t even carry heavy xbow with my old build, but on the other hand, everything got a sick increase of dmg and acc aswell, which is fine then I guess.
In the end, arba and heavy xbow are now for fatty xbow-builds and hunting/light/normal xbow are for runner xbows (and hunting/light xbow became attractive weapons again, good job!).

Not playing anymore but I´m curious how this will change the overall game. We´ll see if this patch was awesome or bad within the next 2-3 weeks  8-)

AND the time it takes to actually release the bolt by the time you lined up your shot they have 2 seconds to move from their spot before the bolt even releases after you click
that was something which rarely happened before the patch, is this happening regulary now?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 11:11:54 pm »
What, no cav nerf?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Sir_Rugin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:59 pm »
Once again the devs show their complete disregard for realistic balance. X-bows were and should be inaccurate. Considering that x-bows and archers already have an accuracy/exploit advantage with the target-reticle, increasing their accuracy seems pretty stupid.

Crossbows were inaccurate mass-fire weapons for untrained peasants, not sniper weapons.

Devs really should go take some HEMA classes.

#removetargetreticle
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:28:10 pm by Sir_Rugin »

Offline Sir_Rugin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2016, 11:22:45 pm »
+1
What, no cav nerf?

Cav is already the most nerfed class in the game. 1st there is the lack of side-to-side maneuverability at slow speeds, the physics negation of attacks when horses die, the terrible thrust detection, the weak horse health and armor...etc.

Also, there is the fact that to play decent "knight" cav with shield and a 1handed back-up you have the most point spread of any class. My cav build is not even decent until level 37.

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Cosby
  • Game nicks: HoC_ImperialWizard_BillCosby
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »
+2
Are you kidding me?
This is probably the shittiest attempt at item balancing. Maybe we should take a look at the ridiculous amount of plate users who can back-pedal faster than you can run forward instead of nerfing xbows into fucking useless. You removed 19 damage from the MW Arbalest and upped the str requirement by 6, how the fuck are you supposed to have any WPF when this is combined with the IF/WPF penalties?

You're worse than fucking Tydeus.
While I cannot confirm this, for I was not in teamspeak, nor do I play this game, because it is shit.
So being in the position I am
(click to show/hide)

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2016, 11:29:46 pm »
+1
The xbow reload speed nerf was a bit too much. I'm finding myself shooting one bolt and dropping my xbow when I'm unable to find a safe place to hide and reload. Might as well rename xbow to musket with less damage  :|

I'll try to get used to it, but for now I say buff reload speed a little and nerf accuracy

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Cosby
  • Game nicks: HoC_ImperialWizard_BillCosby
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 11:30:51 pm »
And you've got the balls to add time onto the already long as fuck reload speed.   :lol: Holy shit are you retarded?
While I cannot confirm this, for I was not in teamspeak, nor do I play this game, because it is shit.
So being in the position I am
(click to show/hide)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 11:33:08 pm »
+1
The xbow reload speed nerf was a bit too much. I'm finding myself shooting one bolt and dropping my xbow when I'm unable to find a safe place to hide and reload. Might as well rename xbow to musket with less damage  :|

I'll try to get used to it, but for now I say buff reload speed a little and nerf accuracy

Hey now you may be on to something, emphasis mine. The time of the xbow is over. Bring on the muskets and blunderbusses.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:53 pm »
+2
Personally, I think there are way too many bows now. I mean, don't get me wrong, a little variety is nice, especially in terms of roleplay, but sooner or later people are just gonna gravitate towards the strongest ones available and disregard all other niche options (besides troll builds or the occasional New_Player).

Also yeah, the STR/PD requirements for some of the new bows and xbows is pretty nuts. However, the PD requirement shouldn't be too bad if investment beyond 6-7 points has no difference on the highest-tier bows to encourage more dedicated archery but not to the point of forcing people to use insane 31-12 STR ranged builds, as you need 21 STR to reach the PD requirement. However, the Arbalest should have its STR requirement nerfed to at least 21 for the aforementioned reasons.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 11:40:14 pm »
+11
QQ  :lol:

We've released 3 balance readjustment patches right after the first patch. We're giving the community a chance to test out balance changes and give feedback(your bitching and crying will be ignored).

If you actually read my posts you'll see that we're currently working on adjusting all item requirements which should of been done right after the Patch of Destiny back in Oct 2014
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 11:53:35 pm »
+4
QQ  :lol:

We've released 3 balance readjustment patches right after the first patch. We're giving the community a chance to test out balance changes and give feedback(your bitching and crying will be ignored).

If you actually read my posts you'll see that we're currently working on adjusting all item requirements which should of been done right after the Patch of Destiny back in Oct 2014
IMO you guys are doing a good job at adding content and reviving this mod. Hiccups are to be expected, people cry wolf way to quick. Keep up the good work.

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 11:58:46 pm »
+3
Crossbows were inaccurate mass-fire weapons for untrained peasants, not sniper weapons.

Devs really should go take some HEMA classes.

#removetargetreticle

I agree for the low skill weapon but, can you give me some references about the "no accuracy" part ?
Because tbh,  mine tell me exactly the opposite...

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.