Author Topic: Mordhau  (Read 37171 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Mordhau
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 05:22:54 pm »
+5
...and a new raw gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYXAKqOtjo

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 05:31:10 pm »
That looks like much fun.

Just backed it :oops:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1885
  • Infamy: 2057
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »
...and a new raw gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNYXAKqOtjo

I don't know how they did it but they did it. This is exactly what I always wanted from Warband combat, to keep complexity and add physicality and proper animations/movement to combat.

Many will dislike it because of preferred first person camera and smaller scale battles (64 players is maximum per map).

It is also faster and more intricate than Warband, those who couldn't deal with Warband mechanics won't be able to play this at all and those who never mastered Warband will have it even harder in this game. I'll have a ton of issues to git gud in this game, because it is too fast and I'm too old and my gauging distance devices are malfunctioning in first person. Footwork seems to be awfully important in this game and is completely dependent on ability to instantly calculate distance between your and enemy's character.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 06:47:47 pm »
+3
Many will dislike it because of preferred first person camera and smaller scale battles (64 players is maximum per map).

First person view might be a problem for us who got used to 3rd person but its nothing we won't be able to adjust to, everything is better than that silly "free view around you" (tilde key) that completely negates your own spacial awareness (and sounds). This is how medieval close combat should look like and even that self proclaimed "expert" Skallagrimson, or whatever his name is, said that this is the closest thing to a proper melee combat ever made.

Small scale battles ? Nothing that can't be dealt with once they make 64 work like a charm, I'm convinced we'll get to see the 100+ sometimes in the future.

This game has potential and it's only the second thing in the last 7 years or so that managed to hype me just a bit. Hopefully it will turn out better than the first one.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 07:18:13 pm »
+2
Apparently third person will be an option on unofficial servers. Interestingly, it seems the Chivalry and Mordhau communities absolutely hate third person and relate it to cheating since it gives an advantage over first person players. I don't think it will be that difficult to get used to, Chivalry and Warband had distinct enough combat systems that I always felt they didn't overlap. I never felt like I had an advantage in Chivalry because I played Warband, but neither did I feel hindered by it.

The small infantry battles are looking great, they removed the exploits from the combat system while adding to the complexity. The fights look fast and skillful, while not feeling unfair or looking stupid like they often did in Chivalry. Larger infantry fights always felt clunky to me in Chivalry just because of how blocking works, and I'm getting the same vibe from Mordhau.

Cavalry looks pretty rough in this trailer. It might just be in an early state, but I hope it eventually becomes a meaningful part of the game like in Warband, and not something rushed into the game because of popular demand.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2928
  • Infamy: 2775
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 10:28:47 pm »
He changed to 3rd person view in the trailer so it should be possible unless it is something reserved for dev testing only. During those brief moments it is obvious that third person is not first class citizen in this game but seems okayish. At least it is better than first person in Warband.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 10:52:55 pm »
+1
He changed to 3rd person view in the trailer so it should be possible unless it is something reserved for dev testing only. During those brief moments it is obvious that third person is not first class citizen in this game but seems okayish. At least it is better than first person in Warband.
Like @ 3:45 mark in this video, if that is a feature they intend to implement then I will back it.
and lol @ the javelin hs @0:50 second mark :lol:
 I never really liked the stab being tied to the mousewheel in Chivalry and it looks like they are carrying it over to this game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:01:34 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 12:49:32 am »
+2
Now we just need combat like that to become the norm in RPG games.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 01:02:58 am »
+1
Now we just need combat like that to become the norm in RPG games.

But I'm a casual console boy that just want to relax n unwind with some mindless bunching bag combat where all I have to care about is watching my healthbar so I don't die, this is too much  : ) 

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 04:36:00 am »
+1
So did you guys pledge the $60 for alpha access in August or $40 for beta in January 2018 or lower just for the game in March 2018? How many of you pledged $10k to become a God-Emperor?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:31 am »
+2
it does look good but in some smalls ways it actually looks less authentic than m&b. for instance blocks look even more like force field effects, like you assume a stance briefly that means some sparks (not always close to your weapon) repel enemy attacks and instantly delete the mass inertia of a huge swinging claymore.

I guess its both intended for fast gameplay and consequence of not having strict 4 direction animations, but if you compare to m&b you can see the blocking weapon aborb the impact, giving a realistic illusion of the transfer of energy. not just deleted like in mordhau so you can swing heavy weapons like they are polystyrene.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2220
  • Infamy: 840
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2017, 07:41:40 am »
+1
it does look good but in some smalls ways it actually looks less authentic than m&b. for instance blocks look even more like force field effects, like you assume a stance briefly that means some sparks (not always close to your weapon) repel enemy attacks and instantly delete the mass inertia of a huge swinging claymore.

Didn't even notice Claymore, was busy trying to figure out why super heavy Great Maul doesn't stun him when their weapons clash.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 01:01:27 pm »
I just want to play strategus fuck my life

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 01:55:54 pm »
+5
I rode my horsey through an empty eu1 yesterday, stabbing trees.  QQ

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:59 pm »
I rode my horsey through an empty eu1 yesterday, stabbing trees.  QQ

We should at least get EU 1 populated on sundays. If only we could get a fix for the launcher...