Author Topic: How to learn to attack and not to die ?:)  (Read 12293 times)

Offline AxeAxe

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to learn to attack and not to die ?:)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:13 pm »
Thanks! Is there a way to withstand in 1v1 situation with Morningstar or it's only for "step behind while they're occupied with your teammates" weapon?

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 06:22:02 pm »
The morningstar is fast enough to block and follow-up attack on almost all but the most rediculous of 1v1 spammers.   It is not ideally suited for 1v1, but most 1v1 weapons cant take out people in 1 hit the way a morningstar can.  It has good range on the side strikes, and its length does not slow down your maneauver speed like some of the longer weapons.  (The speed rating on weapons is relative to their length, and in a few cases not completely accurate, the longer the weapon the less ur char accelerates into action and moves after attacking)

A good dueling weapon if your 2h is the Two Handed Sword or the Longsword(I feel like the longsword falls a tad short on the reach, and it feels as if its been nerfed to be less spammy these days, I could be wrong), Don't fall prey to the spam game thou, the people who learn to spam start thinking their good at 1v1 and then when they go to fight some of the real pros they end up getting kicked, out-maneuvered(since spammers can be backpedal trapped/dub-steppd) and destroyed / other.

I recommend the Morningstar for battle, because it is one of the most damaging weapons has surprisingly good reach and it does allow you to maneuver and block well.  I've seen some people put the 2h axes to good use also.

Practice quickly blocking, immediately after your swing animation ends, it allows your character to attack with another strike sooner if you time it right, and in some instances glitches up the following attack animation to display as if coming from a diff direction.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:25:16 pm by Gryph_Hawkshade »
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »
morningstar is actually pretty hard to play. If you are a "newby" don't play with high dmg weapons, they are slow and short and if u hit teammates u do relly much dmg and the unbalanced shit is reeeaally hard to manage, oh and btw morningstar is a siege weapon, not battle.

If I wanna find out what build I should play I start with 21 21. Than I play with that some time. Than after some time I decide if I need str or agi.
Than with ur next gen/respec go more in the diretion u want. If you feel too slow, get a 18 27 n'stuff. Nobody can tell u what build u should take!

Offline AxeAxe

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 11:02:55 pm »
I prefere Claymore, decent speed and very strong swing damage.

As already said, stay with the team as long as possible, dont solo-rush, dont stop running (easy target for ranged) and try to play as "a helpful hand" for both surviving and kills/score.

Also, atm I play a STR based Tincan + Great Maul on Eu1, as long as you stay with the group you can be extremly helpfull because Great Mauls can crush through up-blocks/shields. You can tank a lot hits and have good chances to get kills. If you have at least basic blocking skills I would give this class a try.

Hi again! Your advice for long maul is amazing, ability to crush blocks and shields really make sense for me. And it doesn't require no-brain spamming which I'm bad at. Could you advise some suitable build for lvl35? Maybe there is stat which affects block crush chance?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:15:13 pm by AxeAxe »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
+6
Good job Cassi. Good job. You created a monster :lol:

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 11:35:03 pm »
A good level 35 build for mauler IMO:
24/18
8ps/8if/6wm/6if
all wpf points into polearm
This gives you 4 left over skill points that you could put into throwing/shield/riding whatever tickles your pickle to have some more variety. Throwing would be fun to throw shit at people before you bonk their head, shield is good to be able to block arrows as you advance, riding so you steal peoples horsies(always hilarious).

Some alternate builds:

27/18
9ps/9if/6wm/2ath
More damage, more HP, but slower than the listed build above. With the increased strength you will be able to crush through easier.

24/21
8ps/8if/7wm/3ath
This build will give you the same tankiness/damage of the 24/18 but you'll be able to swing faster with the added Weapon Master. However you'll have slower foot work because of the lower athletics. 24/21 is the general tryhard build nowadays.

Other ones that are fun:
30/12
10ps/10if/4ath/4wm with 4 left over points to put into whatever you feel like, same as below you'll need to time swings well but you're a fucking tank.

36/6
12ps/12if/2ath/2wm with 4 left over. You will swing very slow so you will have to time you swings very correctly.

These are all builds for level 35. If you're new to the game I recommend getting to 35 and then retiring and not trying to get to level 36 until like generation 5+. A great way to get XP is to do strategus battles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 03:31:36 pm »
Just a couple of tips for fighting one on one:
- Try to be faced forwards to the enemy all the time

This is what I told all the new players I teached and all the oldmy old friends who do the same mistakes again and again. Basicly the most important duelist rule^^

A good level 35 build for mauler IMO:
24/18
8ps/8if/6wm/6if
all wpf points into polearm
This gives you 4 left over skill points that you could put into throwing/shield/riding whatever tickles your pickle to have some more variety. Throwing would be fun to throw shit at people before you bonk their head, shield is good to be able to block arrows as you advance, riding so you steal peoples horsies(always hilarious).

Some alternate builds:

27/18
9ps/9if/6wm/2ath
More damage, more HP, but slower than the listed build above. With the increased strength you will be able to crush through easier.

24/21
8ps/8if/7wm/3ath
This build will give you the same tankiness/damage of the 24/18 but you'll be able to swing faster with the added Weapon Master. However you'll have slower foot work because of the lower athletics. 24/21 is the general tryhard build nowadays.

Other ones that are fun:
30/12
10ps/10if/4ath/4wm with 4 left over points to put into whatever you feel like, same as below you'll need to time swings well but you're a fucking tank.

36/6
12ps/12if/2ath/2wm with 4 left over. You will swing very slow so you will have to time you swings very correctly.

These are all builds for level 35. If you're new to the game I recommend getting to 35 and then retiring and not trying to get to level 36 until like generation 5+. A great way to get XP is to do strategus battles.

played all of those builds and hated them pretty much (but the 24 21!). Especially 27 18.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »
36/6

iirc you wont have enough wpf in comparison to your PS with 6 agi only (each PS needs some points spend in wpf to get the effective dmg bonus, otherwise you will deal far far less damage), go for 9 at least and you should be fine with nearly maximum damage output.

anyway.
I play as 33/15 on lvl 37 but I believe 30/15 on 35 is pretty much the same (also only 1 HP less than me), only a few STR heros out there who can block my overheads and even when I change to my Claymore 2h (lower server population) I honestly do very well though I really suck at blocking. I could never win a duel against 50% of the server but I guess I found my play style and actually feel more like a supporter than a solo player

also my mercs/vanguards application: Can I join now pls, no photoshop I swer
#graphics nerd
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:30:37 pm by Cassi »
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »

iirc you wont have enough wpf in comparison to your PS with 6 agi only (each PS needs some points spend in wpf to get the effective dmg bonus, otherwise you will deal far far less damage), go for 9 at least and you should be fine with nearly maximum damage output.

anyway.
I play as 33/15 on lvl 37 but I believe 30/15 on 35 is pretty much the same (also only 1 HP less than me), only a few STR heros out there who can block my overheads and even when I change to my Claymore 2h (lower server population) I honestly do very well though I really suck at blocking. I could never win a duel against 50% of the server but I guess I found my play style and actually feel more like a supporter than a solo player
But that only counts for 2H. For pole the best dmg u get is with a pierce weapon and a balanced build. If they get full speed bonus (what is actually possible) u will go almost one hit by a normal spear.

also my mercs/vanguards application: Can I join now pls, no photoshop I swer
#graphics nerd
(click to show/hide)

Yes noticed that too with 36:6. you are damn slow, don't do dmg and actually you don't get as much hits as u should get. 33:12 with max IF is the most dmg dealing build I ever had. Well if you go 38 and have almost full IF with 33 15 it's probably better, but for 35/36/37 I found no build that does more dmg. Btw I played with morningstar and longsword and 2 hitted everyone.

Offline AxeAxe

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 12:36:36 am »
even when I change to my Claymore 2h (lower server population)

Is longmaul too bad for 1v1 which can occur with low population?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 07:48:18 am »
For a starter, yes. I've seen Saint_Joan_of_Arc go 100:10 on duel with just a long maul. Just my opinion though
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 09:00:53 am »
Step 1: Learn to block first
Step 2: Do not rage
Step 3: A: Set the pace when fighting, take controll. B: act confident
Step 4: Hold attack
Step 5: You should start with a strength build for extra HP and after a while switch to AGI. (EDIT: if you want)
step 6: the most important
(click to show/hide)
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 09:06:59 am »
For a starter, yes. I've seen Saint_Joan_of_Arc go 100:10 on duel with just a long maul. Just my opinion though

long maul is damn op in duel.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 10:17:44 am »

I dont play polearms but I guess long maul is fine for everything, though slowest weapon ingame?  (after rock on stick)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 10:28:00 am »
I dont play polearms but I guess long maul is fine for everything, though slowest weapon ingame?  (after rock on stick)

the great lances are slower, and it's only by one faster than the heavy lance. but actually yes, slowest weapon ingame, but the stun u do with it makes it kinda ok again^^