Author Topic: Questions about unarmed  (Read 9727 times)

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
Re: Questions about unarmed
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:19 am »
+1
I can kill an unarmed/helmetless person in 2 punches. Same if they're in peasant gear.

3-5 good hits in the 30-36 range of body armour if that's what you mean when you say medium armour.

You wont do a ton of damage vs heavier armour, but even vs 70+ body armour you can stagger them every time if you're high str with Heavy Gaunts. That's cos it's blunt damage. And you can whittle them down or finish off guys that are injured.

(maybe it's due to the animation, but i never glance on an overhead punch. Whilst even with 16 PS i can glance with a weak blunt weapon cos footwork is usually more of a factor here.)

I can confirm that. Me and Fuma were full str naked troll punchers once(45 STR 0 PS +3 heavy gauntlets), and we killed lots of heavily armoured ppl with our boxing skills.

QEH *holds attack*
QSEH *aim for the archer, nudge 1km away with 200km speed, perfect landing and punching to death*
QGY
QGT

Good old days.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:54:04 am »
+5
I think when I coded the unarmed damage on_hit-trigger I made it so that you can even knock out heavy(head) armoured guys given heavy gauntlets, enough strength and a shitload of hits. Iirc it basicly takes the raw(i.e. pre-armour) damage of a punch and does some custom  calculation using helmet armour of the victim and gauntlet weight of the attacker, bypassing the native armour damage calc. The whole thing was meant to give the chamberblock-elite a way to skillztroll.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:33:20 pm by Paul »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 11:12:32 pm »
+2
Formula goes like this;

((Hand Armor weight)*(Power Strike level)*(%8))/((Target Armor)*(Armor Weight)

jk I have no idea
plonk+plonk+plonk=ded :mrgreen:

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »
+2
I think when I coded the unarmed damage on_hit-trigger I made it so that you can even knock out heavy(head) armoured guys given heavy gauntlets, enough strength and a shitload of hits. Iirc it basicly takes the raw(i.e. pre-armour) damage of a punch and does some custom  calculation using helmet armour of the victim and gauntlet weight of the attacker, bypassing the native armour damage calc. The whole thing was meant to give the chamberblock-elite a way to skillztroll.
can u just show us the f*****ing formula like San was showing us?? im just fucking curious how plong plonk is working(fists daamage) how PS+gauntlets(medium or heavy gauntlets) vs medium armor(+- sweet spots) or versus heavy amrors(how fucking raw Power Strike is working?) hmmm so much raw data to describe please mr. buahahahahhahahahahaalancer can u fucking show us data/formula ??

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 11:32:00 pm »
+2
No, I don't remember the formular and the files/access is on my mothballed pc. I also don't negotiate with terrorists.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:11 pm »
So, very good choice for some trolly fun :)

Yup, I've killed people in plate with heavy gauntlets in the past, 36 STR
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »
the f*****ing formula like San was showing us?? im just fucking curious
censoring fail :lol:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV