Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89710 times)

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #900 on: November 23, 2015, 12:02:41 pm »

Robbaz built a cool prison
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline 722_

• Marshall
  • Renown: 991
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 23, 2015, 12:25:30 pm »
Made my second char, going to re-play focusing on "teamwork" with followers and automatic weapons. Have a high Charisma and Intelligence this time.
Looking forward to DLCs and mods. Perks need some balancing it seems - too many nearly useless or very situational, while some are hard to skip for any char. Makes replay value somewhat lower compared to other Bethesda games...

(click to show/hide)

Cherry Doll - made her as hot as i could :)

normal face? disappointing

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 23, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »
Tried the ripper? I think it's the most effective of the high-tier melee weapons (for example Shishkebab, Grognark's Axe, Super Sledge, Kremvh's Tooth etc.) because it does continual damage with no down time therefore multiplying the chance for disarming and staggering opponents (especially if you aim for the head which is easy with this type of attack). The low base damage is an illusion because of its very fast attack speed and constant damage output. Modded and with melee perks and high strength it's often the strongest weapon in my arsenal, and I'm otherwise focusing on pistols and rifles.

Of course, the super sledge looks cool and is fun to use, but the ripper feels like using the chainsaw in Doom II except that in FO4 you actually saw things into little pieces.
Well, I went for a VATS-based full melee build, and Super Sledge feels like the best choice because of its high base damage. With a Super Sledge, Sneak, Ninja and Blitz I have trouble finding anyone that actually takes more than one sneak hit. Combat is a massive wheel of cheese now on Survival difficulty, and I haven't even gotten the x10 Melee damage bonus from Ninja yet.

Blitz is way more retarded than I expected. Melee was kind of fun until I got it. It was strong, but at least I had to use cover. kiting and sneaking occasionally to prevent being shot at by everyone at the same time.  I expected Blitz to up the VATS distance to like 5 meters max, but its more like 10 meters and it is just a teleport. Now I  just enter a room, queue up 4 hits and Sneak attack 4 enemies, during all of which I seem to be invincible to damage. Anyone knows what the strongest opponent in the game is? I need to find out whether I can one-shot it.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #903 on: November 23, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »
Legendary Behemoth?

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 23, 2015, 08:06:02 pm »
Well, I went for a VATS-based full melee build, and Super Sledge feels like the best choice because of its high base damage. With a Super Sledge, Sneak, Ninja and Blitz I have trouble finding anyone that actually takes more than one sneak hit. Combat is a massive wheel of cheese now on Survival difficulty, and I haven't even gotten the x10 Melee damage bonus from Ninja yet.
Yeah, the ripper is definitely for a non-sneak, non-VATS build.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:35:07 pm by Angantyr »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #905 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »
I found this. It is extremely useful against all enemies other than robots.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #906 on: November 23, 2015, 08:30:20 pm »
+1
It seems someone found the origin of my bug : even if a player can't scrap legendary items, if you lack the ressources to craft something, the game is gonna destroy your gear to get that missing junk to craft.

Bethesda, please.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 23, 2015, 08:32:09 pm »
I'm doing a no guns, no powerarmour - mele surival replay. and has been gruelling at times but pretty hilarious also for when you get bored of the gunplay.

Things got bit easier once I found a switchblade with double dmg vs full health. Just walked up to 5 guys I needed to kill went into vats, and put an attack on each then sit back and watch the show ;)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 24, 2015, 12:25:01 am »
How can you guys even enjoy this while using VATS? There's a perfectly okay shooter out there.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #909 on: November 24, 2015, 01:53:51 am »
I only use(d) VATS when I was clearly fucked/not able to land a shot. RNG sometimes saves my arse, but relying on it causes more harm than good on survival I guess.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 24, 2015, 04:10:12 am »
+1
How can you guys even enjoy this while using VATS? There's a perfectly okay shooter out there.
Depends on your definition of "okay." VATS at least makes it somewhat different, without VATS is just a subpar shooter not much different from F3.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #911 on: November 24, 2015, 04:18:53 am »
Anyone knows what the strongest opponent in the game is? I need to find out whether I can one-shot it.

I would think it's some npc called "clint", i've not read any info on this character but i watched a highlight on twitch of someone sneak attacking him with a VATS Critical shot using a fat man, it damaged him only 60% something around that, on survival difficulty. Pretty crazy.

Link to video is here

http://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow/v/26073351

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #912 on: November 24, 2015, 10:15:07 am »
Anybody else disappointed that you can't REALLY do much with the minutemen?  I was hoping I could make them a proper force to be reckoned with, but I never really got the feeling that anything I did with them was really important.  Yeah, sure, you can shoot a flare into the sky and have a slim chance of having a few dudes with pipe rifles and laser muskets come running to your help, but I want to see proper minutemen patrols and shit.

(click to show/hide)

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #913 on: November 24, 2015, 10:24:48 am »
Minutemen you only come across rarely and only around settlements that you've built / secured (at least I never met anyone outside of those areas), they don't have random map events like BoS and those map events become kinda annoying once you become their enemy, like dragons in Skyrim, annoying after the first few. Only thing the Minutemen got is artillery, which pretty much works like your shitty call for help flares. Fuck the Minutemen, should never have gone against the Brotherhood :(

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #914 on: November 24, 2015, 07:44:44 pm »
[Caution]
[Danger]

shitpost ahead!

tl;dr at bottom.

From what I've researched, I've deduced that shadow draw distance, and object fade distance to a lesser extent, are the primary culprits in loss of framerate.

For instance, I have a high-end PC like a lot of people do, and when I go into Boston I get fps drops down to 30 fps sometimes. Otherwise I can run everything on ultra. But in Boston I have to turn down my settings a ton. Why is this? Is it just for Nvidia users? Is this going to get patched? Can someone with a little more knowledge than I explain what's going on here and perhaps offer a solution?

I would really like to keep shadow draw distance at 9000 or so to make the look at least a little decent, but when I go into boston I have to turn it down to like 4000. Once you see my specs you'll see why this is more than a little rediculous.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell @ 4.0 GHZ
GPU: Evga GeForce 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0
MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
Memory: G. Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

tl;dr why are high-end pc users suffering from shitty framerate in Boston? Is there a fix? Will it get patched? Is there a mod I don't know of that I should download? Can any of these questions actually be answered or did Bethesda just release a fundamentally broken game?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s