Author Topic: [OCEU 5s II] Semifinals - Deadline 07/06 - Week 5  (Read 13911 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Re: [OCEU 5s II] Semifinals - Deadline 07/06 - Week 5
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 01:21:28 pm »
+1
Strudog I did not want to insult ur team with what I wrote, but I would have not expected u going to the final at all^^. Just like SSS. What I have seen from the SSS match was ridiculous in compare to what was going on on matches with barabe kfn eu SeaRaiders and red alert. And cuz they only "lost" that close you guys gotta be not reaaaally better than them. Really that's not meant to be mean, just my opinion and it does not mean  u guys especially are bad, there are just other ppl fighting better in team.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 01:35:06 pm »
Why not check the logs to see if it had any impact on the round?

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 01:38:16 pm »
Why not check the logs to see if it had any impact on the round?

I think they already have checked the logs. It should prove that it had no effect on the round. The 6th man went spec as soon as it was noticed that they spawned with 6 instead of 5.
*Meow* I'm a Cat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 01:39:24 pm »
Thought Bagge was there... Anyway...
My PoV right now from reading this, is the following:

Supposingly by accident, tho the reason does not really matter, one team spawned with 6 players for a round. This against the rules. There is a screenshot which provides proof that it indeed happened.
I have to be honest, I can't remember right now what the "punishment" for this specific rule break was, but it did happen, it is against the rules and therefore it will be acted accordingly on it.

The reason why it happened is of no concern. The 6th player should not have joined. The team should have told him that very clearly and the player should have listened very carefully. All that did not happen, mistake lies with the team with the additional player.
Everything else is about fairness, sportsmanship and gamer's honour but it has nothing to do with rule break.

If Bagge decides to go strict or lenient is up to him. Should he ask my opinion, I will tell him after he told me the whole situation.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 01:54:06 pm »
Thought Bagge was there... Anyway...
My PoV right now from reading this, is the following:

Supposingly by accident, tho the reason does not really matter, one team spawned with 6 players for a round. This against the rules. There is a screenshot which provides proof that it indeed happened.
I have to be honest, I can't remember right now what the "punishment" for this specific rule break was, but it did happen, it is against the rules and therefore it will be acted accordingly on it.

The reason why it happened is of no concern. The 6th player should not have joined. The team should have told him that very clearly and the player should have listened very carefully. All that did not happen, mistake lies with the team with the additional player.
Everything else is about fairness, sportsmanship and gamer's honour but it has nothing to do with rule break.

If Bagge decides to go strict or lenient is up to him. Should he ask my opinion, I will tell him after he told me the whole situation.

Yes we understand that, but the rules have been bent to suit that of SSS, the rules state the round is forfeited, this would either make the game 7-7 with 2 draws or would make the game 8-7 with 1 draw, ts hard to designate whether the round in contention was one of the rounds drawn or won by our or their team.

And the fact that they continue to play the round, then it is not our fault. If they wanted to have the round they would have asked for it right there and then. Why wait until after the game when they have lost?
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 02:03:14 pm »
Last tourney if you spawned with 6 people you lost the round - no ifs or buts, you lost.

If Old S. School of Slavimir spawned with 6 people and you lost the round, you would complain like fuck. If you won the round you wouldn't say shit.

Saying he only DC'd doesn't mean shit either, you could of noticed you needed an extra ranged or an extra 2her as soon as the round started.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 292
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Pandor_The_Flying_Pig
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 02:03:57 pm »
+2
I didnt expect such dishonour from any teams in this tournament... Rewards are not really worth to do what SSS did... As i heard from guy who watched this match, superchurken didnt fought with 6 ppl. When 6th joined one guy leaved in few secs, and they was 5 again.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »
+2
Personally I know I am not going to replay this match, SSS doesn't deserve it, if they want to have a win in such a way being this petty they can have it.

First reason is that SSS actually did the exact same thing during the first map. They saw that red was ineffective as an archer on port assault and they switched him out for a another melee player. They had 6 different players spawned during a round where red joined spec, just like us, however since we knew it didn't affect the round in any way and we aren't extremely petty we didn't take any issue with it nor did we take any screens because again we saw no reason for it. Therefore when I bought this up to baggy after they started complaining about us doing the exact same thing they had we had no evidence.

The match really wasn't as close as 8-6 indicates either. When there were 2 rounds to go the score was 8-5, since we already thought we had won we had no reason to take those rounds seriously and just yolo charged, if we had the score would probably have been different and giving them the win for the one round they complain about wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

So far all the matches had been fun and everyone been quite nice but it's clearly not the case with SSS who are super serious about a cRPG tournament and very salty about their loss. First when the match ended with 8-6 they tried to convince us that we are supposed to replay the draws, when that got shut down they started searching for something else that would lead to them not having to accept the loss. They found something that clearly didn't affect the round in any way and what they had actually already done themselves before. Again, from my part someone like that just doesn't deserve to be replayed, if they want to win like that they can have it, then advance to finals and get destroyed there.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:10:05 pm by Cyber »

Offline Zeltino

• Baron
  • Renown: 149
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »
hey redwar, lets replay the last four rounds of our match since you clearly had a player who was not using your tag :wink:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:21:10 pm by Zeltino »

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 03:19:51 pm »
Well in my opinion: If they had a evidence that "Die Superschurken" took any benefit from it, they should restart. If they really screenshoted it cuz they think the enemy was breaking rules, they probably would have screened that person doing hits/kills - taking part in the match - and show it us afterwards, but cuz they didn't do that it's totally clear that Die superschurken did not get any benefit.

And seriously. You want to win the match cuz they joined once with one more guy?

The tournament isn't just about winning ... it's about fun. Like allways there are some fuckers destorying it, gg! And if there is only winning making u happy, go play some spongebob or warband singleplayer.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 03:21:07 pm »
Personally I know I am not going to replay this match, SSS doesn't deserve it, if they want to have a win in such a way being this petty they can have it.

First reason is that SSS actually did the exact same thing during the first map. They saw that red was ineffective as an archer on port assault and they switched him out for a another melee player. They had 6 different players spawned during a round where red joined spec, just like us, however since we knew it didn't affect the round in any way and we aren't extremely petty we didn't take any issue with it nor did we take any screens because again we saw no reason for it. Therefore when I bought this up to baggy after they started complaining about us doing the exact same thing they had we had no evidence.

The match really wasn't as close as 8-6 indicates either. When there were 2 rounds to go the score was 8-5, since we already thought we had won we had no reason to take those rounds seriously and just yolo charged, if we had the score would probably have been different and giving them the win for the one round they complain about wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

So far all the matches had been fun and everyone been quite nice but it's clearly not the case with SSS who are super serious about a cRPG tournament and very salty about their loss. First when the match ended with 8-6 they tried to convince us that we are supposed to replay the draws, when that got shut down they started searching for something else that would lead to them not having to accept the loss. They found something that clearly didn't affect the round in any way and what they had actually already done themselves before. Again, from my part someone like that just doesn't deserve to be replayed, if they want to win like that they can have it, then advance to finals and get destroyed there.

I'd disagree with this, if you're better than them and they're being petty. Beat them again, then they'll feel worse.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:32 pm »
+2
I'd disagree with this, if you're better than them and they're being petty. Beat them again, then they'll feel worse.

Not all of us have the opportunity to play a million matches a week, and why should we give them the satisfaction to play again? This will just set new precedence that if you lose, you always have another chance, its just plain stupid
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »
+1
I agree with that, but if the rules say to play again then I would. Pretty much everyone agrees it was a dick move.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 04:08:08 pm »
this is the rule:

Any team to have a 6th player spawn in a single round, will be considered to have forfeited the round.

i don't see why we have to play the map again though
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960