Author Topic: Resident Evil: Revelations 2  (Read 194 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »
+1
What, no thread yet ? Well, then i give it a shot ...

I got into RE franchize with Resident Evil 5 which i really liked eventhough i hate zombie games(!).

But lets talk about RE: Revelations 2:
For me CAPCOM simply did alot of things right this time, but not only that.
Particularly, they managed to identify and pick the right base to improve on from the older parts AND managed to improve on it really well, to a point that let my gamer heard jump around quite a bit ...

What "base" do i mean? Asides from graphics and chicks which i really like in the RE games ...
- Good story telling and pace of the story.
- well made combat with the unique RE combat style
- Included endgame content and gameplay modules that complete the franchize:
  - Raid Mode
  - 2-Player-Coop
Those are the things that make RE games great (imo) and they picked it up and did it really well ... really, really well

But what blew me away, is how well they improved on it ... For me a real tip on the hat towards gamers for me is the improved coop play and the way they did it. Not only the coop play but also the solo gameplay with two characters benefits imensly from that.
*** SPOILER ALERT ***
(click to show/hide)
*** END SPOILER ALERT ***

I can only have the upmost respect for the concept and execution of game development here.

Additionally the nice new character costumisation with gear upgrade system (from Revelations 1) is now expanded by an all new skill tree where you can spend points on to improve caracter abilities like damage with certain attack styles and other things.

And the ~22€ i invested into the Four (long) episodes plus Coop Mode PLUS Raid Mode i consider well spent in this case  :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:59:18 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login