Author Topic: Melee Battlegrounds - New Gameplay concept!  (Read 44312 times)

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
Re: Melee Battlegrounds - New Gameplay concept!
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2015, 01:09:02 pm »
Consider the huge success of singleplayer mods for M&B, people loved that base game and fief ownership etc is still a big selling point, notice how many newbies we (used to) get asking how they get a fief in this game? Dont make a game only the few survivors of this mod will play, other people are allowed opinions too and tbh the people who liked campaign mode will vastly outnumber the people in this community, the devs would be daft to ignore that.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2015, 05:07:45 pm »
Strategus is a divider, for sure. Personally I was very interested in it initially, but that quickly faltered once the flaws showed up.

Epic (and Strategus) gives a much needed persistency to battles. A random village battle, Or, defending your own village where a win might turn the conflict in your favour?
Context matters.

On hub city:
We have the functionality to have a massive amount of players (tried and works) on the same server at the same time, but that would means no open world combat in that area/server (like an MMO). We have ways to allow duels and other small scale combat to happen real time on in the hub, the questions is rather, do we want to tie it into Epic?

Truth be told we aren't sure we Want a hub city in Epic, or any infrastructure on the [Epic] map that isn't player built. Something we are discussing continuously and will be decided by play testing and feedback rather than what we think works or doesn't.

Edit, typos etc.

What about progress? People can spend ages building their towns and if they lose it they can become disheartened to the point of stop playing. Seen it in many builder or permadeath games. You lose things that you spend ages constructing it's annoying.

It would work if the buildings didn't take long to build but then they inherently lose their value.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2015, 06:39:31 pm »
Truth be told we aren't sure we Want a hub city in Epic, or any infrastructure on the [Epic] map that isn't player built. Something we are discussing continuously and will be decided by play testing and feedback rather than what we think works or doesn't.

I really hope you don't. I just feels so synthetic and from what I can tell that is not what you are aiming for.

If so then make multiple hub cities or make it so lords can convert their city/towns into a hub (where said rules apply).

Offline Aldric

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2015, 09:46:14 pm »
Hello people.

This is a very interesting concept.

Tell me.

Concretely it's a mix between Persistent world mod and Strategus is that right ?

Questions :

Are the economic and non-military aspect are managed on a "playable game hub" or in out of game menu ?
How are battle are organized. As i read it's won't be a huge open world ?
Essentially i'm wondering how you will manage the different "Cells" or server or playable area for a so large setting ?

Anything that a concept i would love to see come alive.

Offline MacX85

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
    • 3D Portfolio
  • Game nicks: Siegbert
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2015, 11:59:04 pm »
How are battle are organized. As i read it's won't be a huge open world ?

I thought it was...

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 16, 2015, 12:48:50 am »
FYI for the 2 above posters, one of the devs said the following on the previous page:

So there will be the larger open world, but also a more immediate 'battle' server without the same persistency. For me personally, i'm excited by the concept of the open world game type, but others may prefer a strictly battle-only style of gaming and use the dedicated server for that. Devs are currently discussing linking the 2 features in some way that doesnt give a massive advantage over players who only prefer to use one or the other.

I also think that chadz stated in previous threads that economics will largely be AI, you're playing a hero/awesome character, you dont see characters in Game of Thrones go out and chop wood or mine.

YES U DO!!! the side characters and extras!
bro...they fucking work hard, and u should give them the recognition they deserve.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2017, 02:24:12 pm »

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2017, 06:25:41 pm »
+3
rest in peace sweet prince ... NIiii :(