Author Topic: Being Naughty proposal (warning a fucked up idea) Post your radical ideas!  (Read 2299 times)

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
Ok guys, so I was thinking and this isn't going to sound very ethical but... bear with me.

Why doesn't one of us pledge the full 130k temporarily? Simply with the plan of reducing it back to the normal rate just before the deadline. This is a risky business, but from what I gather if people saw that the project was going to go ahead more people would be willing to donate. This would be with the aim of making the 130k legitimately by the end of the kickstarter (going from 230k to 130k when the guy changes his pledge).

Reading this back now I actually feel fucking horrible and sick, it's totally unethical and ludicrous. I don't know what do you think? Im just trying to maybe get some more discussion and ideas flowing, i think we are in need of some radical ones if we want to pass this first round of kickstarter...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:59:05 pm by FleetFox »
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Being Naughty proposal (warning a fucked up idea)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »
Ok guys, so I was thinking and this isn't going to sound very ethical but... bear with me.

Why doesn't one of us pledge the full 130k temporarily? Simply with the plan of reducing it back to the normal rate just before the deadline. This is a risky business, but from what I gather if people saw that the project was going to go ahead more people would be willing to donate. This would be with the aim of making the 130k legitimately by the end of the kickstarter (going from 230k to 130k when the guy changes his pledge).  Reading this back now I actually feel fucking horrible and sick, it's totally unethical and ludicrous. I don't know what do you think? Im just trying to maybe get some more discussion and ideas flowing, i think we are in need of some radical ones.

Pretty sure that's already been thought of by the team.  I'm wondering what their real sources of funding will be since the kickstarter thing is a PR crapshoot

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Being Naughty proposal (warning a fucked up idea) Post your radical ideas!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »
+2
Do you have 100,000 laying around somewhere?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 06:06:06 pm »

Ofc not but you dont need to, or can kickstarter somehow check your funds in the account? in which case forget about it

Edit: I didn't think very long on this, so no need to poke holes I can do that myself ^^ focus on thinking up some crazy ideas yourself!
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:01 pm »
+1
Kinda dodgy idea, but they can get friends and family to buy the top dollar ones (9k etc) then pay them back with the Kickstarter funds. If it gets to 50% of the way more people could back it because atm it looks like its not worth pledging because it won't get funded anyway

Alternatively they need to unwrap whatever big push they must be working on (playable multiplayer demo for everyone pls). Closer to Christmas the harder it will be to get money off people. Even if it doesn't get funded though they got some publicity for their game that they didn't have before, and can try again later on
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »
can you actually reduce pledges?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 06:28:39 pm »
can you actually reduce pledges?

Yeah I checked
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Re: Being Naughty proposal (warning a fucked up idea)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 06:30:50 pm »
+3
Better would be to get the KS/ a crowdfunding done the "normal" way.
IMO one important thing we didnt manage to get going is the "emotional" element for the backers ... sure its a good game .. but the problem is, that there wasnt enough of a "wow"-effect at all .. like it was in the community crowd-investing-funding (w/e), which caused a great per head investment from a major part of cRPG players .. because we where all like : WOOHOO HOW EXITING ! I WANNA BE PART OF IT!!!. Thats what a crowd funding campaign needs...
Your idea might work temporarily (im not even sure it really would) but in the end, the KS seems to indicate that the way we did it, is not spreading a wild hype-fire in the world .. and this wont change through trix and cheats. We can learn alot from this; and we we should ofcourse ... and next time we will do it better, with KS or in any other way ... ;) Marketting and organisation, public awareness and shiny presentation .. all the issues people come up with "why the KS is a fail" (which is actually not true) .. all those things can only support and catalyse an effect that is already there ...
This is merely the first step for the game into the real gaming world .. who did really expect that all will be honey and wine ? I believe in the devs and that they are able to make a great game ... thats why i support them. How exactly it will look in the end (or on release) is not so important for me ... many ideas will have to be thought out and developed .. and then trashed and redone until we will finally have a cool game ... but thats the point of it; the journey is the game already for me, to whatever end lel ...
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 06:31:41 pm »
+2
You had me at "naughty".
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 06:39:27 pm »
+5
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »
+12
No need to panic -- nor think of devious ways to complete the campaign, and we ofc don't support such thoughts.

If it doesn't complete it doesn't complete. We'll try other ways, Kickstarter is just one option that we thought would have more visibility than it has (~30k views is just :o you need like a million people to see it), and the willingness to report on Kickstarters is seemingly at an all time low unless you're already famous. Either way, so far it has gotten us a lot of new friends in the industry and some decent publicity, it's been beneficial, and now there's many new paths open.

We hope to put out a playable version soon, which we'll share to a lot of youtubers/streamers and hopefully that should give us a boost in views, the last week could get crazy, let's hope so.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 06:55:28 pm »
+7

I have almost 400,000g on my main.

Can we pledge loom points?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

pogosan

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 07:28:07 pm »

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »
move along nothing to see here :)

(click to show/hide)
― Emiliano Zapata