Author Topic: crossbow  (Read 640 times)

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
crossbow
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »
do you like the cbow str adjustment or would you have rather seen a different kind of nerf/rejustment to cbow
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:36:23 pm by Kalam »

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
Re: crossbow
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »
Str increase is a good thing. Hopefully armor will get that to

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »
I don't think it did anything significant. Without some requirements in terms of skill point investment and comboing them with great 0 / 1 slot 1 handers they will always be OP
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »
since it got changed i haven't heard of anyone complaining or whining about it, so im guessing its not serious.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »
since it got changed i haven't heard of anyone complaining or whining about it, so im guessing its not serious.

This is a serious issue, if no one is whining about it then it probably means something is horribly imbalanced and probably broken.  :rolleyes:

Offline Warborn304

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 139
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Saint_George_Zimmerman
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »
The xbow requirements just made it full spectrum. There's the low end xbows, and now there is high end ones. It also shows that the heavy xbow is a good alternative to the arbalest.

I personally just don't think people realize the shield bonus shit the arbalest gets if the shield doesn't have enough resistance. It just put xbows on par with the rest of crpg in terms of requirement scale imo.

All xbows are still viable it just depends what bonus you want and how much str. Variety is the spice of life.

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:38:10 pm »
I'm rather unhappy with the arbalest change. I would much rather have a PD requirement for xbows; at least then assholes would stop using them up in strat battles. I used to be a little frustrated with the slowness of the arbalest, but with 8 athletics I could usually outrun the other team for just long enough to get off three shots in a round instead of the one. Now with 7 athletics my round goes something like this:

1. Run with team to nearest cover.
2. Take first shot; hopefully a head shot to make the incoming 1700 upkeep cost worth it. STart reloading.
3. Look around. See that both sides are uninterested in a pitched battle. No support, just zerging infantry.
4. Still reloading; because now I have significantly less wpf in xbow (not to mention my pitiful melee wpf)
5. Still reloading.
6. Enemy team is in my face.
7.Run.
8.Run.
9.Run.
10. Death to cavalry or maybe some bro who takes pity on me and punches me to death.
11. Get stuck with fat bill to repair useless fucking arbalest.

I was planning to make this my final build. Nope, time to go back to melee so I can chop wood with the rest of the grunts.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:00:15 pm »
huh, something changed? a patch?
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 11:07:17 pm »
I feel that the crossbow damage nerfs in the past were a bigger deal than increased strength requirement.

I wouldn't want to go below 12 strength as a crossbow build, personally. If I was using the regular crossbow I would want to be capable of melee combat as well, and strength below 12 is not going to work very well for that. Not being able to go 15/XX as pure arbalest build hurts more than any of the other requirement changes, but it still isn't a big deal. Crossbows don't require a weapon-specific skill like melee, throwing, and archery do. And the high end bows already require 18 strength.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:50 am »
It is a big deal.

Arbalest is pretty shitty unless you´ve got a decent lvl33 build (since you NEED 8 athletics as xbow, otherwise full plate overhead turds will outrun you )

I still stick to Arba since I´m already used to it. But one more nerf and I quit that expensive trash and go for an xbow cav build, nearly as expensive  :P

You can also screw the agility and go for a strength build and heavy armor. But what do you then need the heavy and expensive arbalest for? (and where do you get the cash for the additional armor from?)

Better nerf turd-eating 1h cav and their disgusting all-mighty attack range  :rolleyes:
http://forum.melee.org/the-chamber-of-tears/cav-players/45/