Author Topic: Dumb trades are dumb  (Read 1268 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Dumb trades are dumb
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »
+7
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

For serials though. This is how worthless this thing has become that we trade them like this to make fun of our sad predicament.

I forgot I owned 2 of them that's how terrible they are, I actively forgot that I had 2 fully loomed weapons... Fo shiz yo.

BUFFBUFFBUFFBUFFBUFFBUFFBUFF
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Exitialis

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb trades are dumb
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »
+2
Amateur, nothing beat my market strategies. http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/is-this-for-real!/
50 000 gold for a stone. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:06:35 pm »
+14
Nowadays, the marketplace will refuse to post your trade if the item you offer is broken. It used to be that you could post a broken item but if anyone tried to accept your trade they would get the message "the item in this trade is broken, please repair it before trading" or something like that.

I remember getting all visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 when I saw a +3 item for 10,000 gold. When I went to confirm the trade it wouldn't let me accept it because the +3 item was broken. Good joke, whoever did that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:16 pm »
Nowadays, the marketplace will refuse to post your trade if the item you offer is broken. It used to be that you could post a broken item but if anyone tried to accept your trade they would get the message "the item in this trade is broken, please repair it before trading" or something like that.

I remember getting all visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 when I saw a +3 item for 10,000 gold. When I went to confirm the trade it wouldn't let me accept it because the +3 item was broken. Good joke, whoever did that.

Down voted for hateful image.  And you're an admin?  Is it possible that you are so ignorant as to be unaware of the history of such images and references?

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:25:18 pm »
+4
My poor, poor MW arbalest and MW steel bolts. Six points, six generations are now worth as little as one loom point each. Just remove xbows from the game already, or make a PD requirement, or just remove arbalests and others; leaving just the heavy xbow and the light xbow. I don't know, but damn; it's hard not to feel like people with loomed xbows are getting fucked.

On a side note; offensive image is offensive. Remove please Witchcraft.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:39:01 pm »
+6
Down voted for hateful image.  And you're an admin?  Is it possible that you are so ignorant as to be unaware of the history of such images and references?

Is it possible that you are so ignorant as to be unaware of running jokes within the crpg community? It's an over-the-top racist cartoon. I laugh at it for the same reason I laugh at the Mohammed bomb-turban thing that was going around Scandinavia a few years ago.

I am laughing at the racist, not the depicted race. Sorry if you are offended and cannot see the humor in how dumb and backwards people can be.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »
You're referencing an image of jews which has an undisputed connection to violence. The image of Muhammad is offensive for a completely different reason... to a completely different group of people. Defense failed. There are a million funny stereotypical pictures of jews on the internet and you chose one that tends to inspire loathing and fear... not humour, at least not for ashkechocolate chip cookie(lol I can't spell out ASHKE-N-A-Z-I) jews.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:36 pm »
+1
Is it possible that you are so ignorant as to be unaware of running jokes within the crpg community?

That defense would only make sense if this blatantly antisemitic caricature depicting Jews as grotesque and avaricious to the point of cartoonish glee at the prospect of making a buck was limited to the cRPG community.  It's not.  Thanks for outing yourself. 

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:18 pm »
+2

Offline Sir_Wonka

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Sloths of Calradia
  • Game nicks: EggoWaffle_The_Sloth
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »
+2
Hey man, Cleveland obviously knows how to rake in a profit

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:17:17 am »
+5

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:24 am »
+4
i'm with turkhammer this time. careful witchcraft, you've been warned more than once.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 12:53:17 am »
+1
Always those Jews...
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 01:06:11 am »
+4
My buff xbow thread has been derailed by chocolate chip cookies and Zionists. Or maybe Nionzists...

I think I brought the stones... maybe...

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=marketplaceauction&id=4624 lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:15:47 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(