Author Topic: SQUID SLIMEBALLS DECLARE WAR ON ACRE  (Read 29028 times)

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: SQUID SLIMEBALLS DECLARE WAR ON ACRE
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 05:39:19 pm »
+3
Shiiiiiiiiiit, can we start having some clan scrims? I want to see nupes get shrekt all over the place, in and out of strat; More QQing, more epeen, more shitposting. Squids v Acre, may the inking be grand
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »
+1
Its more that you are a bystander talking shit and acting tough. You are basically the guy who says he can beat the shit out of some one and then never show to the fight. You aren't playing strat so please don't act like you are a better person/player/strategist.
Hmm...Actually, I'd say he is based on how well he knows strat mechanics.

I might hop in this war and waste what's left of my useless self doing something stupid for no reason.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 06:13:18 pm »
Hmm...Actually, I'd say he is based on how well he knows strat mechanics.

I might hop in this war and waste what's left of my useless self doing something stupid for no reason.

Typical Andy man!
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 06:26:15 pm »
+1
Aww, what's the matter Little Noodle, don't like being called out on it?  Afraid others might catch on and stop you?  I mean, if the marauders were capable of standing on their own two feet, you probably wouldn't be so 'butthurt' about me pointing it out...

And here I thought the only autist we had was Sugar... Apparently, I'm wrong once again.

RIP good shitposts

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »
+10
One, the Kingdom of Acre endeavours to operate several free trade fiefs on the map. All factions (not those at war with us) can send people to purchase gear in our territory and never fear about getting jumped. The Squids are trying to stop/minimize free trade. - "sign up for us cause cute carebears"
Two, we do not ask for your papers when crossing our lands, we ask only that you let us know in advance if you come with more than 375 troops. - pretty sure the needing papers thing is just a RP on needing notification before passing through, so in my opinion youre both the same, which wouldnt make a difference to me either way.
Three, Through our history in Strat we have never doublecrossed anyone, the Squids(AoW) have on multiple occasions for personal benefit. - I'll be completely honest, I don't remember 'Acre' from any previous strat and that probably speaks just as loud as an old reputation.
Four, I am personally invested in helping as many people as I can in the community to improve their skill and even with Gold from my own coffers. I plan to put up large bounties on the devious Squid leadership as well as pay out rewards to both skilled and loyal fighters throughout the war. - squids offer gold and shit for most of their battles i've noticed, so i guess you could say they're doing the same thing.

How about we hope both sides have a fairly even merc pool so the xp and shit is worth it instead of this slandering mentality to take mercs away from either side.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 06:33:14 pm »
+4
>>Do you not want us to go to war with Acre and carebear till end of strat? I mean that is your message at the moment.<<

>>Its more that you are a bystander talking shit and acting tough. You are basically the guy who says he can beat the shit out of some one and then never show to the fight. You aren't playing strat so please don't act like you are a better person/player/strategist.<<

Far from it.  My message is:  Pick on someone who doesn't have their back turned to you.

Right now, as far as numbers go... Acre has 15 fiefs, 68 people.  They're already at war with GeForce.  GeForce has 12 fiefs, 40 people.  The problem with looking at the faction size is that you don't have a clue how many are active vs afk at a fief, in the woods, stuck on a river bank or a mountainside. That's why I look at fief size as the real indicator of a clan's strength on the map.  We're talking resources, trade abilities, and gear.  When you add the Squids into the mix, now Acre is outnumbered by 15 fiefs, and for the people projection, by 18 guys.  Prior to the jump in, I was really looking forward to the war of two evenly matched opponents.

Right now there is no real element of strategy in anything you guys are doing.  All you've been doing is jumping in on someone who is already in a fight.  That's my beef.  Where ever GeForce goes, the Squids rush to pick up any table scraps.  If you don't want me to come out of the woodwork and talk smack... why not pick a target like Occitan, or KBW?   Or are you afraid of being exposed as the weak little playground kids I think you are? 

Mae -

>>How about we hope both sides have a fairly even merc pool so the xp and shit is worth it instead of this slandering mentality to take mercs away from either side.<<

or we can get even more battles against evenly matched opponents, open the doors for smaller clans to actually do something and drive up interest in strat? The increased battles will mean more experience, and fun on a much larger scale.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »
+4
I remember when AoW/Teutonic betrayed KUTT and wiped them off strat when all KUTT did was help them and give them a home.

Strat is merciless and ruins clans and alliances and how you look at people nuff said! :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 06:44:35 pm »
+3
So for example, when squids were only 12 guys with 13 fiefs and Acre was 5 fiefs with 60... you're telling me that makes acre an underdog? No, it just means squids have their shit together and acre didnt.. Fiefs don't help your merc numbers and thats been the biggest issue for strat lately... where the hell have you been? I think I understand why a few think you have no idea what you're talking about, no offense honestly.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:04 pm »
+2
>>Fiefs don't help your merc numbers and thats been the biggest issue for strat lately... where the hell have you been? <<

Fiefs help when it comes to having gear.  People don't like running around in peasant gear against well oiled machines.  The primary reason AI defenses aren't up in numbers is because of how the AI adds people.  Usually it's a last minute scramble to fill a roster, or to fill a void.  The AI can't/doesn't do that.  There's a bit more variables to consider when it comes to the numbers. 

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 07:07:42 pm »
+4
I've witnessed numerous battles lost where they had better gear but it was due to the soul fact of not having enough mercs (and I'm talking no AI involved because thats truly an issue all of its own), it's a huge issue. They boosted XP in strat just because of it. So I'm still saying, I hope everyone stops going with effecting merc pools as a tactic, with the state strat is in its a bigger killer than carebearing could even be.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:14 pm »
+1
>>I've witnessed numerous battles lost where they had better gear but it was due to the soul fact of not having enough mercs (and I'm talking no AI involved because thats truly an issue all of its own), it's a huge issue. They boosted XP in strat just because of it. So I'm still saying, I hope everyone stops going with effecting merc pools as a tactic, with the state strat is in its a bigger killer than carebearing could even be.<<

I've been in quite a few of those myself Mae.  Merc's can be an issue, regardless of faction size... I've seen large factions field a small number to their battles.  Why?  Because of activity.  Their 'large numbers' are simply inflated by people who don't play, don't play much, don't care, or a variety of other adjectives. 

Right now we're still seeing a large amount of AI battles.  They'll dwindle soon (thankfully) and when they do, gear/army size will definitely become more paramount, and surely you can concede that gear is easier to come by when one has fiefs to pull it from?  And how about this... the more fiefs you have, the faster it is to pump up one item per fief as opposed to spreading it out?  If Fief A has a +3 horse, Fief B has a +3 helm, etc vs a bunch of +0's. 

Last point... again, I'm not looking for carebearing.  I'd like to see the wars expand to involve multiple factions rather than the current, let's gang up on one faction mentality.  That's far from carebearing.  ;-)

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 07:43:22 pm »
Ballicker. Who is your Crpg character?
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 07:52:55 pm »
I remember when AoW/Teutonic betrayed KUTT and wiped them off strat when all KUTT did was help them and give them a home.

Strat is merciless and ruins clans and alliances and how you look at people nuff said! :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)
that was a different strat so cant really use that against them anyway good luck to both sides  :wink:

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 08:09:09 pm »
+3
it seems like youre saying acre is being ganged up on. let me give you a bit of inside info.. When Krosis attacked a random Acre guy, James went to the forums and made a post it was an act of war.. when you scroll through that very post you'll see DSEP and Krosis himself claims he acted on his own and was just bored(lol). what you didn't see is James contacting me on steam and asking me if we're going to war, I said the same thing everyone else did, something on the lines of 'well no ones declaring war on you, i think krosis was bored(lol) so its up to you, but dont worry if we go to war we'll be sure to make sure everyone has the right night time settings' basically saying i'll be sure no shitty tactics are used because hey we like you guys outside of strat. if i remember correctly James took a bit to reply, i think it was the next day i opened a msg from him saying something like well nevermind we arent going to war with you guys. about a week later i notice acre attacked an undefended fief that was a bit outside of our main territory and wrote a really cute RP about it.

SO first - James declared war on DSEP all on his own, second - I'd like to point out that Squids are neighbors of ours, we have no real alliance but I feel its in our best nature to be GOOD neighbors plus I just like 'em, they're fun to fight with! I'm excited to have the same foe but you'll have to know the advantages to having friendly neighbors vs a REAL alliance is much different, they'll be receiving merc support but never has either side aided in materials. No gear, no troops, nothing.. so this isn't a matter of being ganged up on in my eyes at all.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »
+3
I learned a long time ago, what is said in private doesn't matter.  What people post publicly on the diplomacy site is what their official stance is. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy