Author Topic: About "Cleaver"  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: About "Cleaver"
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 05:50:40 pm »
+5
Lol ,so you are saying that it is a "Traditional" medieval Japanese "shieldbreaker" (Fact = No one ever used shield in isle of Japan ever) Cleaver instead of basic butcher's cleaver ?

Do they not have sarcasm in Turkey? San was clearly riffing on the oft-mocked cRPG adage "It's Japanese steel, so it must do +x damage", and you guys fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 05:59:33 pm »
+3
Do they not have sarcasm in Turkey? San was clearly riffing on the oft-mocked cRPG adage "It's Japanese steel, so it must do +x damage", and you guys fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
In Turkey, when you ask an Item Balancer their reason to "balance" something, they give you the real reason instead of "too funny" sarcastic shitstorm.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »
+4
In Turkey item balances YOU !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »
+1
My point was that realism was lost long ago since it's already 30 cut, out-damaging 1hander swords used by soldiers. I thought I was making it obvious enough... If you can suggest stats where it's not completely useless compared to adjacent weapons, go right ahead.

-Knife has similar, but superior stats in every area outside of 2 cut
It's balanced with the knife in mind, but I was also thinking how it would get some use when compared to the hand axe / short falchion, too.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »
In Turkey, when you ask an Item Balancer their reason to "balance" something, they give you the real reason instead of "too funny" sarcastic shitstorm.

You quoted his "reason", but I'll include it again for you. It happened to come after a joke; apparently your reading ability blue screens once it encounters sarcasm.

Quote from: San
It's the shortest buyable 1h in the game outside of stones. Compared to the knife, 4 speed, 9 length, and no stab for 2 cut was a poor tradeoff, and there was no leeway to buff any stats because imo 35 cut would be even more ridiculous. It was the short falchion's ugly stepsister. For 200g it's really good, though. It may be as good as the hand axe I guess.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 06:13:19 pm »
+2
Every post this guy makes he complains about shit that doesn't matter.

Seriously, the cleaver is game breaking with a bonus against shields?

If the new flavor of the month is cleaver and I see everyone using it, thats just an easy way for me to pad my kd because 35 reach is easily countered by pressing the S key for 1 millisecond.

All this buff does it make the cleaver an option to be useful now. The only time I ever saw someone use it was Swedish Chef. 1 person.

(click to show/hide)
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:55 pm »
+1
I can usually decipher Dread-speak, but this one has me scratching my head. Shields suck but the cleaver is OP if used with a shield?

Hhahaha on my phone sorry :) not saying its op. But with a shield its a badass weapon, look at the weapon speed. Shields are trash now compared to what they used to be
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:43 pm »
+1
Every post this guy makes he complains about shit that doesn't matter.

Seriously, the cleaver is game breaking with a bonus against shields?

If the new flavor of the month is cleaver and I see everyone using it, thats just an easy way for me to pad my kd because 35 reach is easily countered by pressing the S key for 1 millisecond.

All this buff does it make the cleaver an option to be useful now. The only time I ever saw someone use it was Swedish Chef. 1 person.

(click to show/hide)

Not yo mention Bob it doesn't block!

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 06:21:37 pm »
+1

Not yo mention Bob it doesn't block!

Yeah i know right, it is so horrifying!  :lol:

Also, Inb4 this guy makes a "Stick is OP" thread.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 06:28:08 pm »
+6
Now I'm glad I heeded the advice on not buffing the practice dagger by 2. Forum would have exploded :lol:

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 06:29:39 pm »
So,as an item balancer your reason to add "bonus against shielder" is that it is already unrealistic with 30c ? So you decided to fuck it up even more ?

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 06:38:46 pm »
So,as an item balancer your reason to add "bonus against shielder" is that it is already unrealistic with 30c ? So you decided to fuck it up even more ?

If you can suggest stats where it's not completely useless compared to adjacent weapons, go right ahead.

Please Mr. Smartass. Tell us more how you know how this game should work without actually providing any input besides childish rage.

Also, maybe if you made this an actual suggestion topic instead of a QQ topic you would be taken seriously. Keep that in mind when you decide the stick is too good for your longsword to handle.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 06:47:04 pm »
+1

That was my reason against realism / identity of the weapon, that such a change wouldn't hurt the identity too much, unlike say adding bonus against shield to goedendag or something. A 30 cut cleaver in real life would likely not exist, so
"Hit as many as you want,if you can break the chopping block with your cleaver,i'll be convinced that you can actually break steel shield with it in cRPG."
holds little value. My gameplay reason I already explained twice, but that seems to have mysteriously not been addressed yet.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »
+3
I have a heavy cleaver in my kitchen which I use routinely to break down large cuts of meat.

You never really have to do much more than lift the knife up and guide it down on the ____, letting the weight of the blade do all the cutting.

Although you would never do it in the kitchen, I imagine a full swing cleaver chop would bring a rather horrifying amount of raw cutting force to bear on whatever you hit (likely your own thigh if you're running at full speed making full strength chops).

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »
+1
Please Mr. Smartass. Tell us more how you know how this game should work without actually providing any input besides childish rage.

Also, maybe if you made this an actual suggestion topic instead of a QQ topic you would be taken seriously. Keep that in mind when you decide the stick is too good for your longsword to handle.
-Im not raging , nor crying i am just stating that it is stupid to give cleaver that stat.
-Im not suggesting anything so it is not a suggestion topic.
-Its not my job to give stats to weapons , San has "Item balancer" title for a reason.
-I've been playing this since 2011,never seen this bad item balance just stating it , with all your bullshit, you murrican kiddos are the ones who QQ in this thread.

That was my reason against realism / identity of the weapon, that such a change wouldn't hurt the identity too much, unlike say adding bonus against shield to goedendag or something. A 30 cut cleaver in real life would likely not exist, so  holds little value. My gameplay reason I already explained twice, but that seems to have mysteriously not been addressed yet.
Like i said, this isn't a mmorpg game,fucking up realism over gameplay is just a terrible idea.
If you think 30c for that cleaver is too much,reduce it instead of adding more features to it .

But meh...keep turning this game into nobrain murrican arcade shit so your people can enjoy aswell ofc.