Author Topic: About "Cleaver"  (Read 5964 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
About "Cleaver"
« on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:23 pm »
+26
So with this patch, you added "Bonus against shields" to cleaver.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Now let's test it please. All of you have these at home right ?

Hit as many as you want,if you can break the chopping block with your cleaver,i'll be convinced that you can actually break steel shield with it in cRPG.

Seriously looking for a logical explanation on this from the dev who added it.
This mod is dying without Fasader :(

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: About "Cleaver"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:20:38 pm »
+24
...and if the cleaver breaks before the chopping block add "Bonus against cleaver" to all shields  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:23:23 pm »
+16
Mod is dead, an overused item was slightly buffed :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »
+6
(click to show/hide)
give them fun

Skyrim UI

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:45 pm »
Been using it as a sidearm for my 1h for a while now. I welcome this buff with open arms.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »
+3
I used to have one loomed, 34 cut and crazy fast swings ain't nothing to fuck with. Now it can beat one of its only weaknesses (the other is the fact you need to be french kissing your target in order for swings to hit).

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:01:14 pm »
+18
Swedish_Chef has been roleplaying his namesake for as long as I can remember (apron, cleaver, etc.). He even uses the round buckler that looks like a mixing bowl. Dude tops scoreboard with decent frequency, and he hits like a truck with his +3 Cleaver. If anything, he deserved this buff just for sticking with his "weak" RP setup for so long.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »
+17
Blame me for the change. The cleavers in your pic are normal 20c cleavers. 30c japanese steel cleavers can perform these miraculous acts easily.

It's the shortest buyable 1h in the game outside of stones. Compared to the knife, 4 speed, 9 length, and no stab for 2 cut was a poor tradeoff, and there was no leeway to buff any stats because imo 35 cut would be even more ridiculous. It was the short falchion's ugly stepsister. For 200g it's really good, though. It may be as good as the hand axe I guess.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 04:29:46 pm »
+2
Even if it did 50000c, 35 length is pretty bad.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:36 pm »
+5
Swedish_Chef has been roleplaying his namesake for as long as I can remember (apron, cleaver, etc.). He even uses the round buckler that looks like a mixing bowl. Dude tops scoreboard with decent frequency, and he hits like a truck with his +3 Cleaver. If anything, he deserved this buff just for sticking with his "weak" RP setup for so long.

Fuck out of here. With a shield any weapon with that is a pain in the balls and hits like a truck.  Shields are trash and they are never going back to what they were. The only thing the do to them is make them offensive which is useless.  Why change the shitty knightly shields to 5? No sense. Some fucktard will pop on and says shields are fine as he goes back to his pole arm or 2h bundle of sticks.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »
+2
Even if it did 50000c, 35 length is pretty bad.

Again, with a shield this weapon is viable as fuck. The swings you can get off because of its length are great

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »
+4

Fuck out of here. With a shield any weapon with that is a pain in the balls and hits like a truck.  Shields are trash and they are never going back to what they were. The only thing the do to them is make them offensive which is useless.  Why change the shitty knightly shields to 5? No sense. Some fucktard will pop on and says shields are fine as he goes back to his pole arm or 2h bundle of sticks.

I can usually decipher Dread-speak, but this one has me scratching my head. Shields suck but the cleaver is OP if used with a shield?

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 05:09:21 pm »
+1
This mod is dying without Fasader :(

I cant believe myself that i agree on fasaderp the borek monster was way better than current item balancers.

Btw give me 1 logical answer how can two Americans dudes can balance a game which is about EU medieval war.

We all have culturel relation between sword or medieval we forced to read those on our education systems but Americans have no idea wtf is it.This is not a humiliation we have no idea how mcdonalds can be meal as well.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »
Blame me for the change. The cleavers in your pic are normal 20c cleavers. 30c japanese steel cleavers can perform these miraculous acts easily.

It's the shortest buyable 1h in the game outside of stones. Compared to the knife, 4 speed, 9 length, and no stab for 2 cut was a poor tradeoff, and there was no leeway to buff any stats because imo 35 cut would be even more ridiculous. It was the short falchion's ugly stepsister. For 200g it's really good, though. It may be as good as the hand axe I guess.
Lol ,so you are saying that it is a "Traditional" medieval Japanese "shieldbreaker" (Fact = No one ever used shield in isle of Japan ever) Cleaver instead of basic butcher's cleaver ?
Tell me what you are smoking i'll buy that instead of regular weed from now on.

I did not open this thread because i find stats of the cleaver OP or something i just opened it to state it is plain stupidity to add that feature to simple cleaver.

As I told to Tydeus before, this is not a MMORPG game where you change stats to balance the game.
This is a medieval rpg game and realism comes before balance in this. If you do otherwise it just looks retarded.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:05 pm »
+10
Lol ,so you are saying that it is a "Traditional" medieval Japanese "shieldbreaker" (Fact = No one ever used shield in isle of Japan ever) Cleaver instead of basic butcher's cleaver ?
Tell me what you are smoking i'll buy that instead of regular weed from now on.

MMM, BEEP BOOP, RUN POST_ANALYSIS.BAT
*gears whirr, steam hisses*
DZZZ, BEEP BOOP ZERO HUMOR DETECTED. POSTER "San" MUST BE REBUTTED.
POSTING MOCKERY.TXT

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far