Poll

Is NA boring enough yet?

Yes
73 (70.9%)
No
30 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)  (Read 13565 times)

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
Re: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2014, 11:05:16 pm »
Big reason for it is the big faction mentality.  The small clans, and by small I refer to fief size, not numbers... get swarmed by the big clans, and it takes them forever to get the army, money, and gear to go take something.  In the meantime as they grind, the castles, and the cities fall under big factions.  So before you know it, only the big factions have anything, and they don't usually fight each other.  Case in point is the current situation.  Who's fighting who?  No one.  The bigger clans need to NOT wipe people off the map.  it doesn't do anyone any good.  It drives people away in all actuality, and poof, strat is dead. 

Some could claim that the point is 'world domination' and that's how it's intended... but winning isn't everything.  Variety is.  Entertainment is.  The more clans that hold territory, the more battles there are, and the more fun the whole thing is. 

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2014, 11:38:26 pm »
+4

The real reason noone was signed up on the defense of that castle, is because

(click to show/hide)

yeah there was also the 1200 vs 1800 at noon EST today which was a 15 v 7 flag cap (the 1200 capped flags). id say strat in NA is pretty done.

NA strat certainly doesnt SEEM as active, and many of the older, more reputable factions have died out. I wouldn't  use a noontime on a tuesday, as feasible evidence to claim that strat is dead in NA. Also should remember that the more castles that have already been capped, the less concerned people are about castles being obtained. We aren't throwing in the towel yet, and neither should anyone else who is still interested in playing. The numbers may have declined slightly, but no fiefs are accruing tens of thousands of s&d, and every village is under possession of someone at the moment, so i would say there are still plenty of active people.

Looking forward to having some good battles in the somewhat near future this strat... DONT LOSE HOPE

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2014, 12:06:17 am »
+4
The bigger clans need to NOT wipe people off the map.  it doesn't do anyone any good.  It drives people away in all actuality, and poof, strat is dead. 

from experience in past strats as a smaller clan fighting a larger one and a larger one fighting a smaller one... one thing is pretty consistent... hardly any clans are willing to admit defeat or surrender during a war... they almost always choose total annihilation and most of their guys quit after that... that being said though, losing a war often leads to many people quitting regardless or how total the defeat is. there are of course exceptions where people will regroup and carry on, sometimes with increased determination... but most of the time people choose to die fighting and go do something else.

my point being that it isnt that easy to just "not wipe out other clans" when you get into a war with them.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:50 am »
I disagree Matey.  They attack the last of the small clan's strongholds.

What if they laid actual siege?  Surround it with their armies... or truly focused on shutting down their own borders?  It's the wipe that should be avoided... not the war. 

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2014, 01:07:30 am »
+5
I disagree Matey.  They attack the last of the small clan's strongholds.

What if they laid actual siege?  Surround it with their armies... or truly focused on shutting down their own borders?  It's the wipe that should be avoided... not the war.

if you surrounded their last fief and starved them rather than finishing it off... i think that would break a clan more than just taking the fief. but the thing is most of the wars are "eternal wars!". you go in for the bit of land you want, you take it and then people generally declare eternal war on you so either you finish them off and they either come back to harass you occasionally or you leave em alone and they do anything they can to fuck with you. its pretty rare you see a decent peace treaty or amicable end to a war. I wish it were different but i dont know how to change it. id like to see smaller wars in terms of land changing hands... like fight a buncha open field battles and the loser has to surrender a fief or something but that kinda thing is hard to do since its not really a real no-holds war.

i do agree it sucks to see clans wiped out and not coming back, i just dont see how to stop it from happening.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2014, 01:22:46 am »
+3
i do agree it sucks to see clans wiped out and not coming back, i just dont see how to stop it from happening.

There is your issue, people just throw in the towel once they have been "beaten". Doesn't matter if it is a small clan or large clan, most just give up and don't return. Look at other games in the past with some type of conquest system, like Darkfall. People begin to care too much about their precious pixels, then we they lose them for any reason, it's game over and quit. That same issue is part of the reason why so many clans immediately group together in dumb hand holding alliances. Oh no, a faction that's slightly larger than us doesn't like us, time to get 3 other clans to be our partners. Oh no, that one time at band camp Faction A helped Faction B, so we clearly need 5-6 allies now. It's happened multiple times in every Strat I have participated in.

Ultimately, the NA player base in Strat has just gotten so small even a 10 man clan quitting hurts it tremendously.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:39 pm »
+1
The small clans, and by small I refer to fief size, not numbers... get swarmed by the big clans
..wait. what? so like JUST AS AN EXAMPLE.. if squids (12 highly active dudes, but only 12) go after someone like lco,acre, dsep or mb(40+)... we should say poor big 'little' guy.. are we treating larger factions like golden retrievers now?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:00 pm »
+2
..wait. what? so like JUST AS AN EXAMPLE.. if squids (12 highly active dudes, but only 12) go after someone like lco,acre, dsep or mb(40+)... we should say poor big 'little' guy.. are we treating larger factions like golden retrievers now?

Euthanizing them after they are 10 years old because of a bad hip?  :?:
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »
+4
There is your issue, people just throw in the towel once they have been "beaten". Doesn't matter if it is a small clan or large clan, most just give up and don't return.

I've lost track of how many times I've been wiped off the map. Sometimes it's nice to restart after things are stagnant for awhile. Maybe other people aren't quite the same way though. If you're going to get wiped out, at least put up a fight to get some XP out of your shit before it's gone.

Keep up the great work everyone! I'm so proud of each and every one of you.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »
+1
I've lost track of how many times I've been wiped off the map. Sometimes it's nice to restart after things are stagnant for awhile. Maybe other people aren't quite the same way though. If you're going to get wiped out, at least put up a fight to get some XP out of your shit before it's gone.

Keep up the great work everyone! I'm so proud of each and every one of you.
Being wiped is like an opportunity to restart, no one believes you're a threat if they've taken all your fiefs.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »
+5
Is somebody gonna fuck or what

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

we are 39 :Dnot 40+ pls correct that statement thanks maeday
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2014, 05:02:13 am »
Updated, probably missed something.

p.s Vagabond Dynasty declares war on the Sloths, sorry for lack of uninteresting RP

edit: missed Distar, sorry Kesh n Friends

edit2: also fixed the typo in the "Order of Saints" icon, sorry Sparvibro and friends.  Thanks for pointing it out, sJimmy.

edit3: political map is a prototype still, don't get too mad if I miss something
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:20:42 am by Artyem »

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
Thanks for putting our new icon in Arty. Looks glorious. Also I can tell you guys Acre does not ever plan on wiping our enemies.... entirely.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:03 pm »
updated

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus