Author Topic: Quick draw for 0 slot weapons  (Read 405 times)

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
Quick draw for 0 slot weapons
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:32:42 pm »
+3
I suggest that all 0 slot weapons should have the ability to be quick drawn.  This would emulate me letting go of my ranged weapon and drawing my small 0 slot weapon in one motion.  A spartan letting go of his shield/spear and drawing his shortsword.  And a Cav player dropping their lance as they're fall from their horse and drawing their shortsword/staff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you should be able to quickdraw your ale mug, of course.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:38:16 pm by Silveredge »

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
Re: Quick draw for 0 slot weapons
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:37:22 pm »
+1
I think the whole quick draw thing is for non blocking weapons only (>>daggers). And I aggree with it.
Normal draw is enough for other weapons imo.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:54:05 pm »
I suggest that all 0 slot weapons should have the ability to be quick drawn.  This would emulate me letting go of my ranged weapon and drawing my small 0 slot weapon in one motion.  A spartan letting go of his shield/spear and drawing his shortsword.  And a Cav player dropping their lance as they're fall from their horse and drawing their shortsword/staff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and you should be able to quickdraw your ale mug, of course.

So we wouldn't be able to get a second possible free hit on a range, when hitting him from behind ?

Normal draw weapon is already fast enough imo, we don't need to "buff" 0 slots hammer and other "i only take it to block and delay" weapon.

Quick draw for can't-block weapon is perfect.

I'm divided for the ale mug... should we remove the blockability possibility for quickdraw... but then, we wouldn't be able to "pose" with it... Na, better keep the blocking possibility, and the normal draw. What's important is dieing with it in your hands.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 10:13:10 pm »
People very rarely sneak up on me as a crossbowman.  Archers get 1 shot from behind so I don't think that's an issue there.  I could see them adding a short block delay to the quick draw which I would be fine with since it's not the reason I'm looking for it to be implemented.  I can switch weapons and block very quickly as it is, I wouldn't use the quickdraw in that situation.  Sometimes the weapon switches so quickly i can instablock right after the normal weapon switch, I'm not sure how it happens.  It's on the same level of sometimes a shielder can block when knocked down and their character's legs are knocked down but their upper torso is upright and they are blocking.  I just want to be able to drop the 3,000 kilos of crossbow in my hands and draw my weapon fluidly before engaging the 5 melee that have surrounded me and are closing in.

EDIT: This may sound straightforward, but in my experience it's not, since I'm pressing multiple directional keys, pressing drop, then weapon switch all at once and may be jumping away at the same time to buy the last second of the delay till my weapon is ready when they're coming from multiple directions.  Hell, if i could, I'd shoot the bolt, throw my damn crossbow at their head, and then draw my weapon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:21:23 pm by Silveredge »