Author Topic: Horse Archers...Why?  (Read 943 times)

Offline Lord_Derpington

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 7
    • View Profile
Horse Archers...Why?
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:53:00 am »
Can some give me one good reason why horse archers are even in C-Rpg? No one likes them besides the people who play them. They might have been in the time period, but it is not worth having in this mod.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horse Archers...Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:51:27 am »
+7
The devs thrive in our suffering.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:59:58 am »
+5
Good question, they are probably the ultimate source of hate and QQ in this game, together with HX.

But on the other hand, nothing is as sweet and rewarding than shooting one of those cunts off his horse or slash his face during a ride-by.
Another great thing is also to shoot his horse away from him while he is close to a group of friendly infantry. The moment his horse dies you suddenly see 10 people running towards that grounded dipshit and gangbang him. Yummy.
Those moments however are not even close enough compared to the bundle of sticksry tey represent.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:52:10 am »
+1
Horse Archers... why?

Because I'm worth it!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:38:01 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »
because horse archery is "realism "
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 08:08:07 pm »
It's just pure bundle of sticksry!

A good Ha and hx will either start on shooting cav and then just rideing around supporting their team shooting at each person they pass.

However, unlike most that play these classes now will just focus one by one until they
1, kill them,
 Or 2, waste the whole round while their team dies.

Which to me this class isn't made to be played like this and this is why so many people hate ha and hx as those that play like this are just bundle of stickss :)

(Meant in the nicest way :p)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 11:26:58 pm »
with ranged cav: realism > gameplay
without ranged cav: realism < gameplay

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 12:35:05 pm »
Despite realism(and remember, gameplay > realism), HA isn't really balanced for online play.

If there isn't any ranged they can endlessly kite and delay rounds.

Protect your ranged.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »
+2
turkish game, hommage to famous turk mouted cav units I guess, plus Mongols destroyed everybody with their mounted units around the time period of this game, guess these classes couldn't be overlooked

that said I won't shed a tear if they won't be present in BG, but will certanly play one from the start if the option will be there

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:06 pm »
+3
Becasuse crpg is a mod of a game called Mount and Blade: Warband.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 03:22:08 pm »
I actually agree that it is very easy to hate HA or HX ( which I personally dislike ) due to their advantage. This mod, however, was announced to be an extension to the M&B Warband game which, as Prpavi said, pays homage to Turkish and all nomadic war styles. So you should have known this fact from the beginning. What you can do instead, is find another mod or expect the devs of this mod to develop their new game which was proposed to be "melee friendly" and leave this game with its mechanics.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:50:13 pm by BattalGazi »

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »
+2
Can some give me one good reason why horse archers are even in C-Rpg? No one likes them besides the people who play them. They might have been in the time period, but it is not worth having in this mod.

Can you give me one good reason why (insert class here) are even in C-RPG? No one likes them besides the people who play them. They might have been in the time period, but it is not worth having in this mod.

Why aren't they worth having in the mod? I don't think HA are ever going to be removed. Do you think there is a chance of that happening?

C-RPG is a game that requires teamwork and a good balance of classes to win. Each class has strengths and weaknesses. Mounted ranged classes are weak against other ranged classes, people w/ shields, etc., so having a ranged character or protecting other ranged players is an effective method of dealing w/ ranged cav.

In addition, strictly melee characters can use things like stakes to deter cav in general, and an overall spatial awareness and conscientious use of terrain, high ground, structures and other obstacles can be used to protect yourself from, or to surprise enemy cav.

Everyone has certain classes they don't like to deal with. I personally have trouble against people who use crushthrough (long maul, great maul) and knockdown weapons. It's bullshit how they ignore my shield, or get 3 hits for the price of one, but I think I have accepted that as part of the game.

Finally, I would add that I think HA and HX's ability to delay and kite has been addressed by the devs, and nerfed since flags deploy much more quickly now. 
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 12:43:01 pm »
+1
if we have fucking class balance we could remove 80% of the balance threads

but nonono clan stack is fucking awesome. servers full 24/7. the mod is perfect. we just need alot more items, cus new items is the shit.