Do you agree with those changes?

Yes
89 (62.7%)
No
34 (23.9%)
Yes, but... (insert you opinion)
19 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.  (Read 14176 times)

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
Re: How to nerf archery, without destroying it.
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2014, 12:31:30 pm »
The real reason archery has increased is because looming bows is now pointless. Reverting this change would IMO decrease the amount of ranged a lot.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2014, 06:26:05 pm »
Don't fuck up archers' damage.
To fix the problem,you need to define the problem properly.
Our problem is not that archers are OP.
Our problem is there are too many ranged .

Actually there are 2 ways to fix it.

1= Give archers less arrows,less ammo = less projectiles flying through battlefield.Which will solve the issue but it'll be unfair to dedicated archers,i don't want anyone to GTX their favorite class so it's leading us to option 2 !

2=Remove shield requirements like in native !
Seriously who needs to be trained to be able to carry some wooden piece ?
Shield skill should only affect speed and durability of a shield. It makes sense , if you were a medieval soldier and if you train with a shield,you would become faster using it and you would know how to properly block incoming attacks without damaging your shield a lot .

Problem we all QQ about for years in cRPG can be solved pretty easily without fucking up classes and balance,just remove that stupid requirement . We've seen protestors forming shield walls all across the world,in Turkey this summer,recently in Ukraine , none of them were skilled to carry those captured riot shields or huge wooden hand made shields.
Im aware my examples are absurd yet it was intended.If you are not a retard you already understood my point so im just continuing my post with some bullshit just to bother you nolifer cRPG junkies...
And sadly,i know none of the devs will ever give a fuck about this suggestion and you guys will continue crying and trying to find a solution to problem you couldn't properly define.
Since i am a shielder i seriously don't care about this ranged spam anymore,i advise you guys to do the same cuz i am pretty sure this problem will remain as it is for eternity.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2014, 08:56:03 am »
your suggestion is not bad but it would buff shielders even more, the shield skill is a skill sink to compensate their ability to blok effectively every melee hit (with less effort than shieldless melee) and have protection from ranged. classes like pikers would still be in the same problems, just less viable.

as I said before I don't believe shielders are the first counter to ranged, cav and mounted cav is, it also depends on the map and closed city maps where most cav dismount is where you will have shielders playing a more significant role in chasing down the rangers.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »
first post is from long time ago, and patch making armor more efficient against projectiles changed a lot. Amount of archers decreased from that time. More ppl are playing otcher clases since tiny bows are not longer efficient against well armoured players.

Someone can tell that there are still lots of archers, but i can say that most of archers are ones i know from old times (best example is Nebun, he came back to c-rpg), and there are only little percentage of new archers.
Archer forever :D