Author Topic: What are the XP/Fun battles for?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Bohannon

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What are the XP/Fun battles for?
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
+5
Sure, strat is ending Sunday, let's have some fun/XP battles, this is a brillant idea while new year's coming.

I'm participating battles from yesterday, but my teammates or opponents are constantly breaking siege equipments/spawn raping/taking flags. What kind of a XP or fun battle these are. Just annoying and raging.

Use your brains and fix this behaviors, and let's get optimum XP from all battles.
So the wind won't blow it all all away.

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
Re: What are the XP/Fun battles for?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »
+7
A few guys want kills, a few guys behave like assholes and a few guys are just retarded,
so you can't expect that they listen to xp-battle-orders.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:38:18 pm »
Sure, strat is ending Sunday, let's have some fun/XP battles, this is a brillant idea while new year's coming.

I'm participating battles from yesterday, but my teammates or opponents are constantly breaking siege equipments/spawn raping/taking flags. What kind of a XP or fun battle these are. Just annoying and raging.

Use your brains and fix this behaviors, and let's get optimum XP from all battles.

Coming from someone who poll bans the enemy commander because of butthurt. Not to mention your side in the last battle broke your own forward spawn before we could get the people who were not on TS to stop spawn raping. and you also had players wasting time and lives building sky ladders and it seems 4-5 leechers with no kills :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:42:39 pm by Osiris »
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
+1
A few guys want kills, a few guys behave like assholes and a few guys are just retarded,
These words here are so touching. It could of not been said any better!
PLZ TELL ME MORE

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 03:44:56 am »
Thanks to god strat is going to be over soon . So I wont have to deal with those retards anymore.Anyways I already am taking a break from game and I dont know why am I telling those things o_O
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 05:54:30 pm »
+3
Bored of these now.

Last one I was in I ended up trying to practice chambers while half our team were killing each other to put xp up.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:42:36 am »
Well, does anyone still wonder why we were always against xp battles?

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:12 pm »
+1

You forgot to mention leechers.

The way I see it, punishment for breaking the rules in strategus is too light. majority of the time people receive no punishment and just a verbal warning... then about 80-90% of the time when action is taken against a player breaking the rules, it is just a simple kick. In my opinion punishment is so light that many don't care about repercussion to breaking the rules. If it was up to me I would say 12 hour bans should be the punishment for first offences. Then maybe people would get the fear in them and think twice about breaking rules.

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 06:06:27 am »
I believe i have highlighted EU's problem with trying to have fun battles, the word 'Optimum XP' is why Druz battles struggled to get a roster and people got instantly bored of the EU 'fun' battles.

'Optimum XP'... That's so EU xD NA arb battles gave a fuckton of exp, but they were actually fun! Whereas EU 'fun' battles are just like the regular battles but with even more rules.

I joined a EU xp battle couple of nights ago and people wouldn't listen and also had to be retards about it too, so we got our spawn camped and they set their spawns to different Foward Spawns.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 10:30:50 am »
+2
I think there should be an option to choose battle leader from the fighting factions. This leader should be able to "flag" users that misbehave. After 3 flags you get suspended (kicked/banned from server?) and lose all XP gained from that battle.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »
1) in one "fun/xp" battle i tried to make, allegitly against orders of the opposites teams commanders, we had been spawn raped, flag capped and the last survivor who could have put up our flags, was killed. The fight was over after a couple of minutes and potential shitload of XP lost for over 50 players.
I had "another" 4k fully equiped army ready, it will be still on me till ragnarok, because i couldnt be arsed anymore. Way to go fuck tards, who were responsible for that BS.

2) In another NA battle i was yesterday, it was agreed on that we wouldnt flag cap, spawn rape ... attackers build a sky ladder till above the defending castle, jumped of with horses and started flag capping, when then from the defenders the attacckers ladder construction were destroyed, the attacker were all like, "fucking EU retards destroying fun" ... kind of ironic. So Heskeytime, while you may suck up to NA for them being so much more fun, even in the last NA battles i had been, there were still the grudges active which had been cultivated for so long.

You cant just tell people to complettly change their modus operandi after over a year of fine tuned hate, flame and trolling. So from a pessimistic point of few, i sadly have to agree with Erasmus. Fuck Fun/XP battles, some braindead dipshits will allways try to fuck it up for all others.

@chadz
Instead either make by default only 10 months strat, that then with a known end date from the beginning, or at least give us 1 month heads up so we can burn our shit in better organized way or instead of keeping strat up, to see how all go crazy and apeshit, just shut it down from one day onto another.

Happy christmas
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 01:05:59 pm »
I will never forgive kinngrimm for approaching me and my donkey behind while we were defenseless, when on top of the skyladder. Obviously kinngrimm thought it was a fun idea to both kill me, my poor donkey and break the skyladder.

I wish you a painful death kinngrimm, in real life.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 03:02:18 pm »
I will never forgive kinngrimm for approaching me and my donkey behind while we were defenseless, when on top of the skyladder. Obviously kinngrimm thought it was a fun idea to both kill me, my poor donkey and break the skyladder.

I wish you a painful death kinngrimm, in real life.
reallife reference and death wish ...
not sure if i prefer that or the rant of the psychology mastermind of Heskeytime
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
Well maybe I exaggerated the rp a bit...

I wish you will not be able to find a toilet paper when you needed it the most, then.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:18:26 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2018
  • Infamy: 2153
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 02:12:09 am »
+1
I have to agree with Heskey, NA XP battles are indeed fun. Even with 130 ping average. EU XP battles on the other hand are not fun. Druzhina give great XP (witnessed 160k ticks once) but those are full plate battle which is kinda boring. Battles organized by other EU clans give poor XP and are not fun, with few exceptions.

Another thing that makes strat battles not fun in general is awful lag. I had a feeling my PC is to blame but on EU1 with same amount of players (100) game runs quite smooth and there are no issues with game feeling less responsive. Dunno whats the issue, but playing strat feels completely different than playing on EU1/EU2.