Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 474143 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 11:53:17 pm »
+2
The police on the video are clearly not aiming to do any real damage to the guy. Just giving him a few kicks for good measure;
What the fuck are you on about? I saw a few dozen baton swings or boot kicks deliberately aimed at his face. Also getting hit with a baton in the body can cause real damage. People have died from single punches, let alone 50 full on swings with batons. Batons are not made of foam you know. This guy could have very well died, who knows, he even might still. This is extremely far from teaching someone a lesson, this is attempted murder.

Don't think you fully appreciate what baton swings are.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 11:57:45 pm »
Why should they only attack if they get "truly hostile"? What is "truly hostile"?

Why is beating someone who's lying on the ground stupid? I would disagree, I bet it's very effective. That fellow might think twice before participating in his next riot.

The police on the video are clearly not aiming to do any real damage to the guy. Just giving him a few kicks for good measure; if anything, the problem with Western police is that they've been too pussified and have to treat people with silk gloves.

Who the fuck are you kidding here?

Those people were running away and they just beaten them to ground and continued to pummel them.

Did you even watch the video?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 12:04:16 am »
+3
We had the same situation few months ago in my country. Different reasons but same goal. For now there are nothing, it all stopped and waiting for the next election. The problem is we don't trust the system. How can you trust a system with a computer counting the votes? I was in all protests so i saw the anger on both sides. Due to recent history of my country it's really dangerous to fight back against police. So all we can do is fall back and regroup. I'm still reading the recent history and listening the olders. They were all saying ''You guys doing nothing, in our time police was the one who surrenders'' and it's all true. I'm thinking about this almost everyday, we are loosing cause we are always thinking about the consequence. When nobody trusts the sytem(election,judgement etc etc...) anarchy is needed.

Few example about what happened in my country.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:15:34 am by Xside »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1846
  • Infamy: 1323
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 12:27:29 am »
Kinda sad that those guys are supposed to be an organized force. All I see is police running after people and beating whoever they catch, not even trying to arrest anyone, just beat him up and go for the next victim.

There is certain police car in my country/city and when I see it, I put my head down and keep walking from there just like I'm some criminal scum. Why? Because police unit that rides around the city in those cars consist of former criminals and psychopath scum with a badge. No one knows when they can decide to beat innocent passenger for no reason at all. Since they got a badge, and justice system simply isn't working in Serbia, there is virtually no way to do anything about it if they decide to "practice" on you because they are bored.

It's like that poor worker guy who got overrun by mindless mob during Black Friday and died. Who is responsible for his death. Can you blame the mob? No ones fault and you get beaten to a pulp. That is why it's extremely dangerous to riot in countries of former eastern block if you don't have a backup...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:54 am »
What the fuck are you on about? I saw a few dozen baton swings or boot kicks deliberately aimed at his face. Also getting hit with a baton in the body can cause real damage. People have died from single punches, let alone 50 full on swings with batons. Batons are not made of foam you know. This guy could have very well died, who knows, he even might still. This is extremely far from teaching someone a lesson, this is attempted murder.

Don't think you fully appreciate what baton swings are.
What the fuck are you on about? You want to bet that he's still alive? Because he is. People die from punches because of the secondary effects, i.e falling down and hitting their head on the asphalt. This guy was already on the ground.

And I know full well what baton swings are. It's you who seems to be under the false impression that they're light sabers.

Those people were running away and they just beaten them to ground and continued to pummel them.

What does them running away have to do with anything I said?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 12:32:13 am »
+4

Meh, I only saw one malicious blow. Most were to keep him down and not doing any real harm. However, that one fucking boot toe to the taint probably ruptured the guys prostate and you can see he very visibly reacted to that one.

Civil unrest is no joke. Many of you might have a different reaction if after laying and waiting to be surrounded by riot police the guy on the ground then calmly pulls out the grenade pin and takes out dozens of those police. Go hard or go home. Don't show up and then try to be as pacifist once blows are landing.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1065
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 12:40:51 am »
+1
And that is why only successful riots are those controlled from outside, by foreign governments and their secret services. People as typical members of some nation can't change anything. To fight organized scumbags you need to be one, plain and simple.

There was already one successful revolution in Ukraine, but that revolution had support from USA and other western countries, just like revolution in Yugoslavia. But when it comes to real people, who can't stand terror from puppet government, they don't stand a chance.

This is why I'm always saying to you americans. If "you" want to change something in your country, real american people, not some paramilitary organizations controlled from outside, you don't stand a chance. No matter how many guns or rifles you have.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:04 am »
Meh, I only saw one malicious blow.

I'm not sure about even one. Most of those kicks and blows have no force behind them and the ones that look like they do are aimed at areas that'll only cause bruises.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 01:17:24 am »
+6
This is why I'm always saying to you americans. If "you" want to change something in your country, real american people, not some paramilitary organizations controlled from outside, you don't stand a chance. No matter how many guns or rifles you have.

Not so. The American military consists of all members of our society. It is never ever an "us" vs "them" where one of the parties is the military. Additionally, our civil police forces and national defense forces are separate units with their own chains of command and own realms of authority. So when things get out of hand between civil leaders and population centers, there is a 3rd party consisting of all groups of Americans. That's why the dialogue can be so stupidly vitriolic. No single political entity controls the weapons to dominate the rest.
So while our leaders sound like a bunch of 2 year olds squabbling over a chocolate bar, other than the occasional hair pulling, it doesn't get far beyond that because it can't without going full retard civil war. Everybody is armed and belongs to our enforcement entities, meaning those entities would be too busy fighting themselves. Witness the civil rights movements. When George Wallace would have used his state police to discriminate against its citizens, the National Guard was called out instead.

So while you are right that it doesn't matter how many guns each side has, it is because of how our society is organized, not because a single entity can oppress the rest.

I'm not sure about even one. Most of those kicks and blows have no force behind them and the ones that look like they do are aimed at areas that'll only cause bruises.

Haha, no that one did  :lol: Point of boot ---> Prostate. I'm betting less than 5lbs of force applied like that could cause some very serious damage.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 01:38:12 am »
+3
Of course what those riot troops do is not right, but its somewhat understandable
people throw bricks at you, fire bombs, whatever they can find that might harm you

and in the beginning you basically have to take the beating, until you get the order to "engage"
and if you get the chance to let off some steam, in this case a guy laying on the ground being beaten half unconscious, then you might just snap and give him another few beatings

in the end of the day we are all human, whether we wear a balaclava and black clothes, or a riot-squad outfit - everybody can only take so much before they snap
who knows what this riot squad in the video has been through that night already

that doesnt justify what they do, but at least i can understand it to some extent.

however the overall "im with the police, you are scum" attitude that leshma kind of described is definitely shit, a proper law enforcement, which actual rules that are being followed etc, is a foundation for a happy society
if people feel opressed, they are more likely to raise their fists, sadly corruption occures more and more often, in fact im not even surprised hearing it everyday
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 01:59:43 am »
Why would Ukrainians want to join the European Jewnion Union anyway?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:04:43 am by Chosen1 »
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 10:38:41 am »
We had the same situation few months ago in my country. Different reasons but same goal. For now there are nothing, it all stopped and waiting for the next election. The problem is we don't trust the system. How can you trust a system with a computer counting the votes? I was in all protests so i saw the anger on both sides. Due to recent history of my country it's really dangerous to fight back against police. So all we can do is fall back and regroup. I'm still reading the recent history and listening the olders. They were all saying ''You guys doing nothing, in our time police was the one who surrenders'' and it's all true. I'm thinking about this almost everyday, we are loosing cause we are always thinking about the consequence. When nobody trusts the sytem(election,judgement etc etc...) anarchy is needed.

Few example about what happened in my country.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

When no one trusts the system, it is time for revolution. It is time for good, passionate men to march.

& You won't find revolution within the fattened middle class bourgeois, I will add. They believe they themselves have far too big a stake in the leftovers of the decaying taint to dare risk such an end.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:10 am »
+1
Cocksweat
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:03:49 pm by Berserkadin »

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:14 am »
+2
What the fuck are you on about? You want to bet that he's still alive? Because he is. People die from punches because of the secondary effects, i.e falling down and hitting their head on the asphalt. This guy was already on the ground.
Right, so you think that this senseless violence is ok because the guy is alive? Remind me to steer clear of Finland ok?

And I know full well what baton swings are. It's you who seems to be under the false impression that they're light sabers.
They are not lightsabers, they are sticks made of hard materials that can easily break limbs.

What does them running away have to do with anything I said?

There is no point in beating them like that, if they have beaten the guy down and gave him cuffs, then it would be fine. But they just went ahead and continued to beat the guy like a bunch of gypsies.

The point is that what they did was completely wrong, regardless of how you look at it.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:33 pm »
+1
Right, so you think that this senseless violence is ok because the guy is alive? Remind me to steer clear of Finland ok?
 They are not lightsabers, they are sticks made of hard materials that can easily break limbs.

There is no point in beating them like that, if they have beaten the guy down and gave him cuffs, then it would be fine. But they just went ahead and continued to beat the guy like a bunch of gypsies.

The point is that what they did was completely wrong, regardless of how you look at it.
Easily break limbs...  :lol: Too many video games.

And no, whether it was wrong or not obviously depends entirely on how you look at it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.