Author Topic: eu1 tonight  (Read 7469 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: eu1 tonight
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »
It's like I've always said.. Ranged needs to be constantly nerfed or their pop will slowly increase. The alternative is a mod that gets ranged-infested, then dies.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:39 pm »
+1
One time I think he went HA with the same motive. He didn't do so well if I recall correctly.

actually he was as good as chase with HX  :rolleyes: i hated them so much, ended always with 20+ kills

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 02:24:53 pm »
wayne? ..nerf melee.

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 02:33:34 pm »
+1
Now if every ranged was as bad as me hitting the targets this thread wouldnt exist :D

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 02:48:39 pm »
I believe ranged has a horrible curve where with no looms and lowish (sub 30) level its impossible, high level fully loomed if several guys together its deadly.

No idea what the answer is. Maybe next wave of standard builds will be archer hunting agi shielders (eg Kingrimm style) then being an archer will be really tough. While loads of 2h heros and poles, especially strength/balanced with no shields it will be effective.

This mod seems to me to go through waves of rock, paper, scissors. Maybe the tools are already there to counter archers (as above), the fact most players dont use them dosnt mean the archers should be nerfed.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »
I don't get it why people don't escape the cancer of EU 1 already.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:24 pm »
I would want to say "omg this ranged QQ again" but the word "again" doesnt seem to fit here since it implies that there was a period in between sometime when people did in fact not complain about ranged in the first place. This complaining seems to be more of a constant in the cRPG universe.

I cant even feel offended anymore by the stupidity of suggestions such as "too much ranged !!! nerf ranged damage, nerf their speed, nerf this nerf that nerf their ammo count etc." because everyone knows already that the stats are not the problem. Still claiming they are just reveals ones lack of understanding for the game mechanics, hence, why devs maybe wont take your complains seriously. I dont know how often I wrote this down but I will again; the problem is the lack of ability to play as a team ( omg not again ).

For some reason in cRPG the willingness to give a fuck about anyone but yourself and your heroism is astonishingly, mindfuckingly low. In almost every other game I played, there is some form of very basic code consisting of things you intuitively do to assist your allies. I am not a big fan of MOBA games but take things like LoL or Dota for example:

If you feed the enemy, people from your team will probably scream at their computer screens while writing very unkind things in chat to let you know that you are HURTING YOUR TEAM. Or for instance, if you are a healer and a nearby teammate is low on health, wouldnt it be ABSOLUTELY NATURAL that you heal said teammate ? You get the deal.

To transfer this matter to cRPG, since it is known that archers are good at ranged at not so good at melee ( since this is how the whole class shit works right ? pros and cons ) shouldnt it be ABSOLUTELY NATURAL to let your archers shoot the other archers instead of charging in there alone without a shield ?

[Sarcasm]

Nope ... not in cRPG ... what the hell are you thinking ??? In cRPG I still see 2h's chasing HA's through the whole map, which they will obviously never catch, while teammate archers are getting slaughtered by enemy shielders. Why should anyone give a fuck about those my old friendgy archers right ? If enemy archers gank your shieldless pure melee build because your team has no archers left at the end of the round, then there is nothing wrong with you, there is obviously something wrong with the game right ? But hey, afterall melee is the right way to play and ranged is simply wrong and defending your archers would be a disgrace to melee masterrace. If you cant kill them all yourself, you can always go to the forum and say that ranged is bullshit because OP and that there is NO WAY to counter them ( that doesnt include holding W until you are in melee range ).

[/Sarcasm]

I cant understand how anyone even expects to be taken seriously when he proposes that gameplay mechanics should be ballanced in a way that he alone with his specific build is able to counter EVERYTHING in the game. In fact, IMO the lack of certain capabilities for some classes such as ranged weapons, shields, horses etc. is THE key aspect that sets this game on top of so many other games where everyone can do roughly the same, which is shooting a gun in most cases. This system should beg for more teamplay than in most other games and it baffles me how the average member of the cRPG community coult possibly get so egocentric as it is the case now.

Damn ... I did again. I wanted not to do it again but I couldnt help myself. I wrote all this down and I already know that people will go "omfg lawl fuckin bullshit", then hop into the game, hold W into a swarm of archers as soon as the round starts, get shot to pieces and then come here and say "wololo ranged OP nurf lol good joooooke devs I quit cuz you kill teh gaem".

Sad, very sad.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 03:30:38 pm »
+4
It's about how "fun" it is having to hide 5 minutes in a ruin with the entire team till flags are up to be able to get out and maybe swing your sword at 2 people who kite you and then to win the game.

It's not.

And anyway, if it takes a sword/axe/whatever to hit me 4-5 times and an arrow usually 90%s my full lordly heavy armor yeah it's pretty imba.

You can't not charge archers if their the last around or if it's an open map or whatever...

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »
+1
arrow usually 90%s my full lordly heavy armor

I'm pretty sure this isn't true, lol. :mrgreen:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 03:56:25 pm »
+2
The problem is mainly the way the rounds play out when there is too much ranged. You get scrappy little melee fights and then people pewpewing at each other the remainder of the round. It drags out and for me, I don't feel any sense of an epic round finish when its people shooting at each other. I can't even be bothered watching the end if its ranged vs ranged

When there is a good amount of ranged (not too much but just enough) you have nice decisive melee engagements and then can clean up with a mix of ranged/cav/melee etc to finish off. The general tactics for winning against a ranged heavy team just makes me wonder why i'm even playing. You don't get epic fights, or if you do its after several minutes standing around, hardly playing a game or you get little scrappy fights that then get finished with the victors being shot to death.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:04:36 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »
(click to show/hide)

This is not a QQ thread
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »
+1
And anyway, if it takes a sword/axe/whatever to hit me 4-5 times and an arrow usually 90%s my full lordly heavy armor yeah it's pretty imba.
Quite funny that to me it´s quite the opposite. I can take 5-8 arrows before I die when using lordly SGA and plate mittens but I die to 2-4 swings from melee weapon such as greatsword.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »
The problem is mainly the way the rounds play out when there is too much ranged. You get scrappy little melee fights and then people pewpewing at each other the remainder of the round. It drags out and for me, I don't feel any sense of an epic round finish when its people shooting at each other. I can't even be bothered watching the end if its ranged vs ranged

When there is a good amount of ranged (not too much but just enough) you have nice decisive melee engagements and then can clean up with a mix of ranged/cav/melee etc to finish off. The general tactics for winning against a ranged heavy team just makes me wonder why i'm even playing. You don't get epic fights, or if you do its after several minutes standing around, hardly playing a game or you get little scrappy fights that then get finished with the victors being shot to death.

By epic fights you mean, two melee blobs w at each other untill one comletely overwhelms the other? That's not epic, that's random and dumb.

From what I read in the op, the problem is the lack of class ballance. Archers and horse archers would nullify each other nicely if they where matched, unless the melee managed to overwhelm the enemy team fast, depending on the map and on the players. That is how battles should be like.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure this isn't true, lol. :mrgreen:
I'm pretty sure you never got shot by bagge  8-)

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:32 pm »
+1
A lot of the older players do work together, seamlessly, regarding of clan. I see this happen all the time. If I see someone I recognize and I'm able to help them I will do so (it benefits me and them). Sometimes I even help randomers, out of the goodness of my heart.

Heh, yesterday was bad luck with the rotation. Open map and a lot of HA's. As soon as we got some cover the teams were even.
Monkeys!