Poll

What you think about double XP for strat battles?

get double XP or fuck Strategus
29 (44.6%)
cheater, but the double XP is a good idea
11 (16.9%)
shitty idea, but if only for one month, why not
6 (9.2%)
attention whore but this time he is really right
3 (4.6%)
potatoes but double XP sounds cool
16 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: 1/3 rule or double XP petition for strat battles throughout September + Poll  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
There were a lot threads around this difficult subject. Devs because of unknown reason don't want fix this obvious problem, that's why we should fuck 1/3 rule and ask for something that is certainly technically possible and and easy to implement and together make a petition for a double XP for every strat battles for one month (for example throughout September) to allow unload accumulated resources.

Maybe if we gather a large number of "signatures", devs will realize that Strategus needs some love! Let' try and vote!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Still better than nothing, but I really don't see how fixing 1/3 rule can be difficult.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Seriously? Strat already gives too much XP compared to normal cRPG, that's not the problem. It's just broken and not very fun.
Don't.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
a petition for a double XP for every strat battles for one month (for example throughout September) to allow unload accumulated resources.

Shitty idea, that's all. Strat battles give enormous amount of xp already, I just got 1,4 mln xp (or sth liek that) for one battle, 1,5 hour of playing, with double xp it would be almost 3 mln... Ridiculous.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
Seriously?

No, but something should be done. This is a real problem. People do not want to waste a good tickets. Need a special incentive or improvement of rule.

PS. I voted no 3: shitty idea, but if only for one month, why not

edit:

BTW, solution is simple - present rule, without change, but with limit to the level of about 2k tickets for attacker. With army over 2k - you can attack whatever you want. That's all. This is not a fucking spaceship  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 10:20:21 pm by Harpag »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Yes, something should be done. 

The 1/3rd rule on fiefs is a fucking joke that should have been addressed months (or strat versions ago).  When you will never be able to use more than 1800 or so tickets as the attacker, but you are forced to attack with more than that many troops due to the 1/3rd rule, it should have been addressed IMMEDIATELY.  Not been a problem for months and months and months.

I don't see how this would be that difficult to fix.  Can you not specify a variable difference between open field battles and fiefs?
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
The only reason I can see is to make the strat map situation more stable... and weird devs' attitude towards strat  8-)

Offline Matze

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nuuks_Slave_the_Grey
Yeah they it can get fix when you say that you can attack with 2k tropps everyone. if he has 6k trops or 20k trops

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
Correct, the solution is to make a simple variable.  You either need 1/3rd of the troops of the fief to be able to attack, or you need at least 1800 troops (or some other hard coded troop number). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
I voted 2nd option :D :D :D

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Instead of making another topic about 1/3 rule you should carpetbombing chadz (and maybe other devs too :P) in every possible way PM, IRC etc. dunno if this can change something  :lol:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
+1
I'm not going to start pm'ing them (as they are busy, and I don't want to take their attention off what they are working on).  But I will start spamming IRC while I'm at work (during the day in NA times).

And honestly, there's some fiefs where it's hard to use more than 1000 troops as the attacker, so I think 1800 is a good # (or maybe 2000 max).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:33:52 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
1/3 rule is really ridiculously simple to fix; devs just have a really bad attitude

they don't say it in words, but their attitude certainly is "we're bored with crpg / strategus now, f*** the community, buy our new game"
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
1/3 rule is really ridiculously simple to fix; devs just have a really bad attitude

they don't say it in words, but their attitude certainly is "we're bored with crpg / strategus now, f*** the community, buy our new game"

Or maybe its:  greys abused the rule 1st, drz abused the rule second, lets not start fixing it when their enemy's use it for a change?

Funny how greys used it themselves, then drz used it, and when mercs use it, it became a problem that has to be fixed right now.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
+3
Or maybe its:  greys abused the rule 1st, drz abused the rule second, lets not start fixing it when their enemy's use it for a change?

Funny how greys used it themselves, then drz used it, and when mercs use it, it became a problem that has to be fixed right now.

Just let me remind you this:

I think we made that deal with grey order a few days ago. We have over 10k troops in grunwalder, but we take them out at the evenings so GO can attack with 2k troops. Hetman promised us the same for when we attack their towns ^^

Would be nice if the desert could make a deal like this  :P

hmmmm....

We have retreated to our castles and cities, hoping that someone will attack them. Did not happen. We did not have any exconomy or troop rectuitment at the time u mention....