Author Topic: Hoplite build , need suggestions.  (Read 2041 times)

Offline sumusiko

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hoplite build , need suggestions.
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »
I'm an hoplite only lvl 22 atm but this is the build I was thinking of is about wearing spear + shield and shield + 1h so I want to be a versatile hoplite:

Lvl 30
Strength: 18
Agility: 21

Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 3

One Handed: 144
Polearm: 100

I know the shield is quite low but I already got shield 3 and my shield RARELY RARELY breaks so I see no point in getting higher shield.

What you think, what should I change or add and so on? I want this build to go grab kills and stay alive for long so I try to reach the top of the charts

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Re: Hoplite build , need suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:37:02 pm »
With 3 shield you will have to carry a bad shield.
I recommend at least 4-5, with a Knightly Heater Shield.
Also, I would probably use a Red Tassel Spear, it's quite a bit faster and not very much weaker.
As an aspiring hopliter myself, I've felt that you need full wpf in polearm; only problem is that you can't duel with your shield on and when you are pressured, it's often hard to take it off.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »
There are oodles of threads on these forums on hoplite builds.

From what I see, your build could use a tiny bit of work. Mainly, switch your wpf values. You want more polearm than one hand because polearms are slower. Also, raise that shield skill. Bring it to anywhere between 4-6. The more shield skill the better.

So you can probably drop 3WM and put shield to 6. You can then put wpf to ~ 121 pole, 100 1h.

Now, I would personally recommend you scrap that build altogether. Use an 18/18 build so you can max out everything, including your IRONFLESH. It is very important to your survival. Use an 18/21 or 21/18 build as a lv 31 build, not a 30. You can then use the generation as 18/18 to decide whether you want more strength or more agility later on.

Ignore above tip on the red tassel spear, that is a TERRIBLE choice. Read Ronin's Guide. Length is king when it comes to Hopliting. The top spears are Light Lance and Ashwood Pike. If you must use a sheathable a spear, use the war spear. (Unnecessary. You shouldn't be dropping your spear much, and if you do, its not that hard to come back for it)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:17:25 pm by Zanze »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »
There are oodles of threads on these forums on hoplite builds.
Of which multiple were made by the OP, exact same thread wtf.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner's-help-and-guides/hoplite-build-need-suggestions-47439/