Author Topic: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack  (Read 12653 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 12:49:59 am »
+2
I think the admins will make a ruling on this one way or another. The conversations going on here are getting stale but since Gash is one of the admins who is apparently discussing this with other admins it is logical for us to be concerned when his view of events seem to ignore some aspects that. Gash, I think what you need to focus on is whether or not zilla and smooth intentionally broke a state rule or not. As much as everyone is upset about other matters involved, I think the biggest question is just that: Did smooth and zilla break a rule? the quesiton shouldn't be "why did they break it?"

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013, 12:58:42 am »
Blackzilla told a lot of stories to everyone to try to maneuver himself strategically to be a city owner, and wanted to be independent and his own clan leader in a "power play" that failed miserably.  FCC were repeatedly attacking the city with no waiting between battles for every day before that, and he apparently negotiated with them before the last battle to afford himself the opportunity to attack it and seize it.

At that point I was gladly ready to surrender the city to anyone else, I would've fought against FCC until the end because of our clanmates putting troops into it, but due to the equipment being at the point that no polearms, ranged, shields, siege gear, almost everything being unspawnable it was the most unfun thing I had to deal with in Strat, since it was 3 battles in a row every night of a buggy POS mess.

Blackzillas power play was an opportunity to escape the endless sieges that were the opposite of fun and just total garbage to participate in and made me feel bad for the players trying to endure it to remain competitive and have a good time, and I figured FCC or Occitan or Hero Party or anyone would go back to sieging the city immediately except with the battles not being totally fucked.

Any armies around Ahmerrad being banned had nothing to do with me or any Hero Party members plotting, it was a different problem and situation that escalated on its own.

As far as I knew, I thought the only sieging army from FCC was the one that was banned temporarily in vick's which was ironically funny but not intentional. 

Honestly I used the situation as an excuse to let the city become someone else's problem and my main hope was that any future fights for it wouldn't be item bombed pieces of shit.  I thought it would be in the rules to surrender to a third party faction instead of the largest, most prominent aggressor, and think that the constant rebellions and distrust in the ranks of Hero Party players is pretty funny and in spirit of the game. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2013, 02:20:27 am »
I did have permission from Kesh to attack by the way. I don't know why I failed to mention that, I told him a few hours before I even attacked. He gave me the okay since Homey Vick was not in range to attack until the early mornings. So, they knew before hand I was attacking and were cool with it. So how exactly did I delay an attack? You knew I was going to initiate, since your closest army was NOT available to instantly attack nor get a good battle time. The only other army I saw was murdertrons, which showed up a day after i initiated the attack.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:34 am »
I did have permission from Kesh to attack by the way. I don't know why I failed to mention that, I told him a few hours before I even attacked. He gave me the okay since Homey Vick was not in range to attack until the early mornings. So, they knew before hand I was attacking and were cool with it. So how exactly did I delay an attack? You knew I was going to initiate, since your closest army was NOT available to instantly attack nor get a good battle time. The only other army I saw was murdertrons, which showed up a day after i initiated the attack.

If this is still actually being deliberated by admins into globally permabanning Blackzilla and I, I really hope this information is taken into consideration.  I don't see how this can be considered an illegal fief transfer if Blackzilla was honest with FCC, Kesh said he allowed it, and admitted they had no way of attacking it that night.

It simply didn't work out in their favor in the end, and bad diplomacy on their part is now being called "cheating."

I don't think any of this would've happened if they weren't cool with it in the first place.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013, 02:41:11 am »
+1
If zillas attack was a legitimate attack there wouldn't have been an issue. I don't know what kesh said to you but I do know that he didn't give you his blessing to fuck over our siege, take all the money and gear and then give it all back to smoothrich. I know vick wasnt going to be in range to attack instantly at a good time, but so what? The previous examples of people locking down fiefs to prevent enemies were always done with an enemy army en route to attack as opposed to ninja attacking seconds before the other army did. You guys knew that Vick had a real chance of taking the fief and you knew you could lock it down before he reached it in order to buy more time and secure all the gold and gear we were trying to capture.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:06 am »
If zillas attack was a legitimate attack there wouldn't have been an issue. I don't know what kesh said to you but I do know that he didn't give you his blessing to fuck over our siege, take all the money and gear and then give it all back to smoothrich. I know vick wasnt going to be in range to attack instantly at a good time, but so what? The previous examples of people locking down fiefs to prevent enemies were always done with an enemy army en route to attack as opposed to ninja attacking seconds before the other army did. You guys knew that Vick had a real chance of taking the fief and you knew you could lock it down before he reached it in order to buy more time and secure all the gold and gear we were trying to capture.
KEsh, Bale and Murdertron, (possibly Bear) I believe were in the TS channel and I believe I was given thanks to helping them besieging the castle. I told them when I took it I'd give them their gear back, which I did. I told them my plans of a new rule, one where I lead. Unfortunately, Occitain ruined Bear and I's plan.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:48:31 am by DoD_Blackzilla »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:02 am »
+3
So clearly they thought you were rebelling and were going to have a real battle, thus that point is irrelevant and will not be considered in our discussion. You fief transferred, we stopped arguing that matter a long time ago.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:52:37 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 02:49:53 am »
So clearly they thought you were rebelling and were going to have a real battle, thus that point is irrelevant and will not be considered in our discussion. You fief transferred, we stopped arguing that matter a long time ago.
You can see it as that, but bear and I legitimately had a plan.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 02:50:31 am »

Ah but you see, that WAS the rule. If an enemy was within 24(ish) hours to attack, otherwise the rule doesn't apply, is what they are saying as you weren't capable of attacking it thus they weren't breaking the rule. The Fallen one was done witha  Hosp army literally ON TOP of the village.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 02:50:46 am »

I surrendered the city because of the item bug.  It was getting impossible to defend and was never fun.  As far as I am concerned the attack was legitimate and there was an overall conspiracy to defect with all the fiefs but I ran out of willpower to care about such a bugged unfun conflict.

I also gave all my Strat gold away and am now sitting in a fief as an idle troop farmer with no intent to retake the city, but might possibly take Blackzillas village in a trade sometime in the near future and troop farm, depending how this is resolved.

No one "fucked over your siege" the city is still there with no extra troops to be attacked whenever you want.  It just has new ownership and a new strategus faction behind it.. which was most likely the terms Kesh agreed with.

I legitimately consider all of this to be Strategus maneuvering within the rules and spirit of the game.  There is no Strat rule against "changing your mind" after all.. its called "diplomacy."

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 02:53:39 am »
+2
Ah but you see, that WAS the rule. If an enemy was within 24(ish) hours to attack, otherwise the rule doesn't apply, is what they are saying as you weren't capable of attacking it thus they weren't breaking the rule. The Fallen one was done witha  Hosp army literally ON TOP of the village.

Vick was close. but he wasnt able to attack the second the previous battle ended and zilla was able to initiate an attack before vick was in range. we also like to fight sieges at prime time so we would have waited for a good time slot to attack. Vick was absolutely within 24(ish) hours of attacking.

p.s. Considering Tydeus's post. I would say we are all wasting our time with this thread at this point. So I'm just going to lock it and be done with it.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 11:35:54 pm »
Was anything ever done in regards to this? Or is something ever going to be done? It has been awhile...

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2013, 05:44:58 am »
+5
Since we still haven't heard any response from devs and the last thing we got from admins was "yes this was a fief transer and we are looking into it" came a long time ago...

I would REALLY like some response on this issue; if it is now OK to attack your own fiefs to delay enemies then please change the rules to better reflect this so other factions will know it is legal.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2013, 06:34:18 am »
+1
I am glad you opened this again.

Such BS everyone knows it was a huge cheat but nothing is happening
Leader of BS

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2013, 10:07:43 pm »
Since we still haven't heard any response from devs and the last thing we got from admins was "yes this was a fief transer and we are looking into it" came a long time ago...

I would REALLY like some response on this issue; if it is now OK to attack your own fiefs to delay enemies then please change the rules to better reflect this so other factions will know it is legal.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battledetail&id=2830

Another illegal fief transfer by FCC.. there are Semenstorm armies all over the map within 24 hours of that castle and we are at war.. and they think no one will see through this "hilarious" gimmick rebellion?  I'm requesting a Permanent Global Ban for all parties involved.