Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96135 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #1230 on: July 31, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »
I just fought Imlerith on my second playthrough and this time I killed him before he even started teleporting. Getting behind his shield with enough stamina and adrenaline you can keep continuously whirling him from the side and back while making sure to circle him (while whirling) as he tries to turn and block you. With decent damage output it can be done in a matter of seconds.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 31, 2015, 07:05:38 pm »
I just fought Imlerith on my second playthrough and this time I killed him before he even started teleporting. Getting behind his shield with enough stamina and adrenaline you can keep continuously whirling him from the side and back while making sure to circle him (while whirling) as he tries to turn and block you. With decent damage output it can be done in a matter of seconds.

Somehow I read that like one of those stupidly high damage Binding of Isaac runs where the guy one-shots bosses.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #1232 on: August 02, 2015, 05:35:38 pm »
I am really bored of this game. Haven't played it for a while now. I am at where you gotta get little human creature from bloody baron. How long until i can finish the game just by doing main quests?
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #1233 on: August 02, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »
I am really bored of this game. Haven't played it for a while now. I am at where you gotta get little human creature from bloody baron. How long until i can finish the game just by doing main quests?

I think you got a long way to go lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1234 on: August 03, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »

You're maybe half way through lol

I found the main quest sped up after that point though because I had already explored most of Skellige, Velen and Novigrad.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #1235 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »
+2
It is obvious that the game was unable to captivate you enough. Otherwise you would do just the opposite and wish it wouldn't end ever. I personally did that and stayed away from the main quest for as long as I could, so that I could keep enjoying the game. It was seldom boring, and only a little at those rare times. Few games have managed to make me maintain my attention in such a focused manner so far.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1236 on: August 03, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »
+1
Haven't been to Skellige yet ;_;
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #1237 on: August 03, 2015, 05:48:22 pm »
Game got too easy even on death march. Same reason i couldn't play Skyrim because it has gotten too easy after a while too.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 03, 2015, 06:04:51 pm »
I have started my second playthrough and only now it feels easy (deathmarch again), because I knew exactly what to do and how to proceed. The first playthrough was really unforgiving though and I liked it. The "new game+" mode is on the way. Maybe that might turn things around for you.

Also, you are right about Skyrim. But Skyrim's difficulty is/was fucked up all along. You really don't need to be on your second playthrough to not feel challenged anymore. Looks like they wanted to compensate for the bullshitty enemy scaling of Oblivion but overdid it. Witcher 3 really doesn't fail like that. I felt that Gothic difficulty in this game and it was awesome.

Anyway, one's sense of enjoyment within a specific genre or in the case of any game gets blunted over the course of time. I understand where you are coming from regarding that.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #1239 on: August 03, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
Witcher 3 really doesn't fail like that.

For me it failed exactly like that. Started very hard, then got progressively easier until there was no challenge whatsoever (on death march). I kind of expected it though, most games are like that nowadays.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #1240 on: August 03, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »
that was the only downside for me as well. instead of doing all sidemissions to be able to level up and face challenges in the mainquest I skipped all the sidequest so the mainquest stayed a litle challenging. in the course of the game there are too many quest that become boring because their level is too low.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:25 am »
If you do all the sidequests with some area events/poi's you'll be so massively overleveled it's not even funny. I mean it's cool that they don't force you into sidequests but in this game even sidequests have so much effort put into them they're mostly not worth skipping if you enjoy the game.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #1242 on: August 04, 2015, 01:39:31 pm »
For me it failed exactly like that. Started very hard, then got progressively easier until there was no challenge whatsoever (on death march). I kind of expected it though, most games are like that nowadays.

I guess that's the inherent problem with everything in video games having level gains these days.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:17 pm »
I guess that's the inherent problem with everything in video games having level gains these days.

Dragon Age Origins was pretty difficult. Gaxkang was a killer!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 04, 2015, 10:54:39 pm »

I don't know, maybe it was because I found it really difficult to level up and kept getting my ass handed over to me. Tbh, I was a little dense and it took me while to finally figure out that quests were the ultimate way to go for leveling and mob kills were mostly useless.

From there on, I also tended to be way too cautious because of all the tedious struggle in the beginning. Could not play confidently for a very long while and kept suffering. But right now, on my second playthrough, we are on the same page. I have seen it all and now everything is too very easy. Actually I am almost about to complete the game again with less than half the effort I put in it the first time around. It all feels like taking a stroll through the park now.