Author Topic: Horses Fight Back  (Read 1044 times)

Offline DragzJoker

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Joker
Horses Fight Back
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:18:28 am »
+5
I believe that the devs should make the horses able to fight back enemies. Historically horses were trained to kick and bite if provoked by enemies. I hate when an unmanned horse just sitting there herp derp and being sliced away by players. The animation should be when the horse rears up and stands up and kicks the attacking player and knocks them down, the damage should be calculated by the charge points on the horse. I dont believe that the damage should be very much damage at all but just a small suggestion for the devs. This has been mentioned before but was only for the death of the horse I disagree with it. I think im going to get a ton of shit from non-cav players, but oh well
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:22:39 am by DragzJoker »

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
Re: Horses Fight Back
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:39 am »
+1
First, I'd like to say that I have already been killed by the current unmanned horse AI....

Secondly, it is a nice idea... Horses that will rear players BUT without tweaking, this basically creates a attack horse (Like an attack dog) for a cavalry player.
Unless horses are given their own AI and a cav player would have to fight with the horse for control, this really wouldn't be logical or fair.

Sorry, but it is probably best to just leave horse AI as is...
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:43:29 am »
In a mod called the last days they had a mount that still attacked you after killing the rider, it was only bumping though....

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:38 pm »
+3
I think it would be cool if any horse less than a destrier ran away after being struck if it doesn't have a rider.

Any horse that is destrier or up would rear, causing bump damage or knockdown, and then run away.

That wouldn't be OP and would add something to the atmosphere.

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:20:39 am »
I believe that the devs should make the horses able to fight back enemies. Historically horses were trained to kick and bite if provoked by enemies. I hate when an unmanned horse just sitting there herp derp and being sliced away by players. The animation should be when the horse rears up and stands up and kicks the attacking player and knocks them down, the damage should be calculated by the charge points on the horse. I dont believe that the damage should be very much damage at all but just a small suggestion for the devs. This has been mentioned before but was only for the death of the horse I disagree with it. I think im going to get a ton of shit from non-cav players, but oh well

So a fully armored horse that has enough trouble getting up off it's front feet should be able to kick the hardest? I think not. But this would be cool, but like it was said, no bueno attack horses.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 12:47:59 pm »
+1
This is a great idea, I can imagine a lone rider at the end of the round with 30 enemies still alive whistling out to all the widowed horses who lost their riders. And they will hear his cry, and rally to him for vengeance. It will look something like this (except with no riders):

"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."