Author Topic: Defend the women of Dirigh Aban!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Re: Defend the women of Dirigh Aban!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »
I would be surprised if FCC had less then 25-30k troops, surely enough to hold off any invading armies.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:36 pm »
I would be surprised if FCC had less then 25-30k troops, surely enough to hold off any invading armies.
Sure if those armies come through Reyvadin, Tilbaut Castle, or Knudarr Castle.  They have basically no troops garrisoned in any other castles/cities.  They have all of their forces on the western front, and have at least 8-10k troops in or near the steppe.  They are totally overextended, but they have nothing to worry about because the only people that would do anything about it, are the ones they are bringing the fight to. 

Never seen anything like this in strat before (where people leave so many fiefs undefended and there's no competition between factions to poke at them and see if they can expand).  There's literally no competition for FCC to worry about, so it would make sense to keep throwing everything at their only potential enemy.

Who's going to take over an undefended FCC castle or city?  TKOV? Chaos?  Remnant?  NH?  Hero party?  Bird Clan?  The small factions in the tundra? 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 08:43:22 pm »
I think my bullshit meter exploded...

Look at the numbers behind FCC, and the VE, and the informal tag-along that is CHAOS/Hero_Party and friends... How about the huge KUTT/Hospitaller war that was huge on both sides?

All hail the whiny community who clings to popularity contests while hypocritically calling out everyone else as "carebear fronts."

As much as I like most people in FCC/Hospitaller/etc, you all are getting absurdly enthusiastic about obvious paper-thin propaganda about "onoz side X is super huge and thus is unfair we are the underdogs..."

Just as a slight aware here, but HP actually has been helping Hosp(merc wise) against FCC. You know, common enemy and all. Chaos has actually been pretty split on sides.

Also, you are whiney baby man hobo pirate barnie thing. Real men wear RED.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »
+1
please god no NA/EU combination again.

People just need to start taking some risks to get the action going. Fcc has been attacking since day 1 and has not really stopped. Sure some people hate us for that... but what fun would it be if everyone sat around not venturing out for a fight.
Leader of BS

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »
Strategus sucks... If u want good strategy game go play ck2 or Europa universalis or something.
Pock gobblers

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 10:28:14 pm »
+1
Huseby has a point. NA prolly has 2x as many fiefs as it needs. I don't think there's really any kind of organized/established strat playing clan that actually has a shortage of fiefs (besides the obvious ones that were recently rolled). So nobody really has too much incentive to really gun for someone.

Also another thing that encourages large affiliations (not necessarilly alliances, but close) of clans is that rosters of 45-50 is probably too high for NA for the current amount of strat participation. Most clans only show 10-20 of their own members to these battles, so they need to be friendly with a bunch of others to get reliable merc showings and if you go around attacking a lot of people that is gonna become a serious problem. Maybe battles, even sieges, should be capped lower at maybe 20 people for field battles, maybe 25 for villages, and 30 for city/castle sieges?