Author Topic: Defend the women of Dirigh Aban!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
Defend the women of Dirigh Aban!
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:34:11 am »
+3
Fight for us against the NA version of UIF (FCC).

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesupcoming#!?page=battleroster&id=1687

raid:
FFC :1274   vs   Hospitaller: 500

We cannot let them capture our women!

(help an EU-buddy out here)

those that do well will be rewarded!
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Defend the women of Dirigh Aban!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:00:22 am »
hosp is larger than fcc.. not sure how we count as uif. We are attacking on our own.. you have the advantage here
Leader of BS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:50:24 am »
Considering the smattering of clans that go hand-in-hand with the FCC, I'd say you are actually rather comparable to the Hospies, irregardless, you are both proper large factions and should pound each other rather senseless in a fair fashion (well, as fair as war will ever be).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:46 am »
wat? we're like 20people, how many are you? 60% of our members aren't playing strat x.x
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 02:36:18 pm »
FCC has no enemies besides Hospitallers, otherwise they wouldn't have all their troops garrisoned on their western fiefs.  It's too bad nobody is interested in picking up some free fiefs since FCC seems to be willing to give them away to whoever wants them (since 90% of their fiefs are completely undefended).

But I guess the NA map is much too large for the amount of people playing right now or it wouldn't resort to a faction on the far east of the map attacking a faction on the far west and nobody trying to jump in to catch the people with their pants around their ankles. 

But me being able to see their eastern fiefs are unguarded shouldn't even be possible, that's another problem I have with strategus right now...I can see the troops and population (and gold/s&d) of every fief on the entire EU or NA map...that's ridiculous.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:56:28 pm »
no worries we have plenty in reserve. Just not sitting in the fiefs to be counted
Leader of BS

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:37 pm »
Watch out for fcc whine threads for every battle. :mrgreen:

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:50:06 pm »
+1
All hail NA UIF resistance is futile.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:55:18 pm »
+1
I think my bullshit meter exploded...

Look at the numbers behind FCC, and the VE, and the informal tag-along that is CHAOS/Hero_Party and friends... How about the huge KUTT/Hospitaller war that was huge on both sides?

All hail the whiny community who clings to popularity contests while hypocritically calling out everyone else as "carebear fronts."

As much as I like most people in FCC/Hospitaller/etc, you all are getting absurdly enthusiastic about obvious paper-thin propaganda about "onoz side X is super huge and thus is unfair we are the underdogs..."
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:57:01 pm »
I think my bullshit meter exploded...

Your facetious meter seems to be busted.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »
Your facetious meter seems to be busted.

Small wonder considering the multitude of people here who spout inane bullshit and when called out on it backtrack and say "I was joking, relax." Too many of them to distinguish from the genuinely sarcastic people, and sarcasm never translates well in pure text especially with a lack of emoticons (or a proper story behind it as proper writers so often use in literature).

EDIT: Irregardless, my post was focused on the thread as a whole, hence why 1.) I did not quote you and 2.) I specifically named Hospitaller and FCC.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:03:11 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:07:15 pm »
True, but there are plenty of people who haven't been and have been nothing but good sports throughout this round of strategus. I've been saying "it's a game relax" long before we threw ourselves against the walls of that castle of yours. I've been doing the same thing with the occitan as well, although they've been much better sports about it.

All of that time in the court of high king smoothrich is killing your sense of humor, ToD. Don't let it corrupt you.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 07:10:03 pm »
+2
FCC is most likely ahead on troops/gold, but not by a wide enough margin that they will roll through hosp lands. As such it looks like there will be a lot of good battles coming up, and more importantly a whole bunch of xp for everyone.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:21 pm »
All of that time in the court of high king smoothrich is killing your sense of humor, ToD. Don't let it corrupt you.
It died in this community well before that  :wink:  Blame it on me seeing firsthand what Strategus 2 did to factions, and Strat 3 was the final nail in the coffin. Now with Strat 4 around, I can't even remember what a sense of humor even seems like for this community. Number one way to turn a c-RPG player into a jackass whether to other factions or within his/her own? Make them a Strategus officer, works 95% of the time. Smoothbabe actually resurrects my sense of humor occasionally, thankfully, we've had many a laugh in TS over his antics.

True, but there are plenty of people who haven't been and have been nothing but good sports throughout this round of strategus. I've been saying "it's a game relax" long before we threw ourselves against the walls of that castle of yours. I've been doing the same thing with the occitan as well, although they've been much better sports about it.

Unfortunately from what I've seen, Occitan seem to be in the minority of how most major strat factions conduct themselves in Strategus, a quick look through the diplomacy forum firmly supports this.

...it looks like there will be a lot of good battles coming up, and more importantly a whole bunch of xp for everyone.
Now that I'm truly looking forward to, the battles themselves.

EDIT: Point stands that I was calling out two specific factions and not every member of the community.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:32 pm »
I think the problem is the NA map is about twice as large as it should be.  Factions have more territory than they need or could defend if it came to a war (looking at you FCC/Remnant), but there's nobody who wants to try and get on the map or expand their territory.

If someone went to war over territory when they saw an opportunity, they know they would likely incur the wrath of most of NA.

It really does seem like it's always been 2 sides on NA, those with us and those against us (and I'm sure FCC feels the same way).  Nobody "with" Hospitaller holds any land, and it wouldnt' make sense for clans like Chaos or FIDLGB (pale horsemen) to try and pick up an FCC fief or two, because they would then have enemies attacking them from all sides. 

This is a fighting game after all, and all this land is making it so fighting wars isn't a necessity, it's just something people do for fun.   I personally think it would be better if EU and NA were all on the same map like last strat, there is no map divide, and defenders get to play on their server of choice.  At least there'd be fighting for territory, and not just 2 sides "A or B" in every conflict.
 - Stolen from Macropussy