Author Topic: [BUG] Strange bug of ammo  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
[BUG] Strange bug of ammo
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:17:07 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I shot to someone. Bolt stuck in texture. I tried to pick it up but after that I have only one bolt in package (instead of 11/ or 12 as it should be/ ok numbers are not immoprtant here, important is this change).

On the screen you can see crossbow and package of bolts on the ground after my death and second package of bolts which previously were a single bolt who stuck in texture.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] Strange bug of ammo
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:25:44 am »
It has nothing to do with a client. Don't forget that you always have 1 bolt loaded in your crossbow so if you shoot your first bolt, miss and then try to pick it up - you won't have free space for that extra bolt so it replaces your stack of bolts with that 1 bolt.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:33 am »
Understand but maybe we can correct it in some way ? Because I don't see logic here. You can buy any crossbow in shop and all have one ammo click. Loomed or not each xbow gives you in game one regural bolt. Pack of steel bolts have 12 ammo [13 if loomed] and combination of xbow and one pack of steel bolts gives you in game 13 [14] bolts. Furthermore all 14 bolts [if loomed] are masterwork and not, as we might expect 1 regural bolt and 13 masterwor bolts.

So the question is why any xbow have one ammo ? If you didn't buy xbow and pack of bolts you you should not be able to shoot [don't mean all situations in game when you pick up bolts from the ground or reloaded xbow].

(click to show/hide)
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:00:50 pm »
No, Crossbow has a loaded bolt of the same type you have in your stack. There is no check for the type of bolt was loaded to the crossbow - you will always shoot the type of bolt you have in your stack. If you drop your bolts - you shoot with a regular bolt. If you have loaded regular bolt and pick up MW steel bolts - you will shoot with MW steel bolts. It was always a negative part of crossbows since you always deal the minimum damage once you drop your bolts and shoot with a crossbow.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »
All right, but it is not what i'm asking. I try in simpler way.

1)now
-you bought xbow - you can shoot
-you bought xbow+pack of bolts - you can shoot
-you have pack of 13 bolts - you can shoot 14 times

2)should be
-you bought xbow - you can't shoot
-you bought xbow+pack of bolts - you can shoot
-you have pack of 13 bolts - you can shoot 13 times

I hope now is clear what I'm asking about. I know that sometimes my questions about game mechanics are "philosophical" but the devil is in the details  :wink:

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »
So the question is why any xbow have one ammo ? If you didn't buy xbow and pack of bolts you you should not be able to shoot [don't mean all situations in game when you pick up bolts from the ground or reloaded xbow].

The ammo means how often you can shot the crossbow, before you have to reload it.
If the ammo is set to 0, then you won't be able to shot it, but reload it constantly.
-1 ammo turns your crossbow into a machinegun with endless ammo without the need to reload it.  :wink:

It's possible to reduce the ammo by 1 if the crossbow is loaded, but the crossbow still will be reloaded at the first time.
I tried to find a way to solve this, but it seems to be hardcoded, so there is proably no way to fix it.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 03:47:13 pm »
Thank you for solve my doubts.