1 (worst)
52 (52%)
3 (3%)
7 (7%)
6 (6%)
5 (best)
32 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Unban essay.  (Read 13990 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Unban essay.
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »
+1
The main reason why it took way long- i lied (my opinion), but you think i lie now too. Well its your choice.
Believe or not, but i am honest now, and iam honest about assignment of this account. They used to be active on different IPs.

Well what do you expect. You lied way too many times, took too many things for granted. I'd vote for your unban cause I doubt you are some angry ingame kid who gets a boner every time he capslock swearwords and insults. But I have to say I dont trust you either or really belive a word you say. If cant deal in the marketplace I dont see problems.

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:07 pm »
Well what do you expect. You lied way too many times, took too many things for granted. I'd vote for your unban cause I doubt you are some angry ingame kid who gets a boner every time he capslock swearwords and insults. But I have to say I dont trust you either or really belive a word you say. If cant deal in the marketplace I dont see problems.
It would be a perma ban for me:(
I had deals almost every day; trading is a part of my cRPG life.
For the last 2 weeks i bought like 4MWs for 4mil gold and there was nothing like scam.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »
+2
Well, there is a huge difference between people that take advantage of other people screwing up on the market like Poophammer (also other's) and people who actually trick people into trades to rip them off.

The first one is by now covered by that rules where we now force people to return those items, the latter gets people removed from the community.

Don't think any reported scammer got away with it yet and I think there were only three cases of it this year since people obviously learned that it's a stupid idea.

On this guy I still can't tell if he was trying it or not.
Sure looked like it and everything he says might as well be just a try to get away with it or as said before and as he says it might have been a bad trade approach that went wrong.

Just to give you my perspective of the whole thing on the day it happened:

Wiltzu highlights me on IRC, tells me he is going to do a trade and it is possible the guy is gonna rip him off.
I tell him to go ahead and keep me updated.
Trade happens, dude "can't" fulfill his part of the trade so Wiltzu only got the +3 for +1 trade.
Tells me the dude went offline after a while (forum online status I think).
I check out the trades, ban the dude and all accounts connected to it.
While doing that I also see Latrinenkobold's trade with him and suspect it to be an unreported scam which later turned out to be voluntary trades.
The PMs between Latrinenkobold and Equello were more like "Hey I know you, can I borrow your stuff?" about all his looms, pretty sure he won't give them away like this again now.

About 4 hours later Wiltzu and me get PMs from Equello which were partly posted in the other 2 threads about it, mostly included the lies that were talked about so much but the rest partly fit the story.

For me there basically only is perma ban or unban, not sure stripping his market rights or looms is the right approach in case we believe him here.

Don't wanna make the call on it yet especially since I gotta talk it through with the overlords because the call was ban for multi accounting as well.

No matter which one it is, if he ever touches a second account there won't be this discussion.

Wall of text.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:30 am »
+4
is not even a good scammer, because that kind of scammers usually do it without getting caught. I am not sure if he is to be permabanned anymore because didn't POOPHAMMER pull a similar bullshit and only got his admin status removed?

POOPHAMMER didn't scam anyone, he simply bought lots of items that were listed for way too cheap on the market but gave them back if the person contacted him.  One particular person never got in touch with him, then months later a clan mate of the seller started posting accusing POOPHAMMER of scamming.

This led to an argument that got a lot of drama/trolling, and he was deadminned to show that exploiting marketplace mistakes wasn't a good reflection for admins to the community, even if plenty of people had no problem with what POOPHAMMER was doing.  I also thought removing his admin was fair, even though POOPHAMMER is my friend.  Small community game with social things like the marketplace should have an expectation of fairness and accountability, where mistakes will be fixed for players if possible.  Much credit to Meow for handling these issues more than anyone, and I'm sure countless other players have appreciated his help.

Eventually the devs put in a system to prevent that from happening entirely, so there is no way to scam without having to lie and manipulate people that ends up in getting banned, something the OP certainly understood. 

In this case I think the OP simply convinced himself that he was being fair by paying the other player back a couple weeks later, but he was still wrong in lying and ultimately his fault the situation escalated to a global ban of all his accounts.  Yet unless he has a history of scamming I think a long but temporary ban might be acceptable punishment, however permabans as the standard punishment for scamming is appropriate.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 07:31:02 am »
+3
Don't forget there's also multiaccounting, which is also a bannable offense.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28:21 pm »
+1
I don't think this guy ever maliciously planned to steal anyone's items. Seems like he just made an extremely dumb and rude decision in his attempt to temporarily keep Wiltzu's looms without proper payment. Sure he handled the situation poorly and followed it up with a whole lot of pettiness (lying to everyone), but this just doesn't seem worthy of a perma ban to me.

Let him play the video game / keep his beloved pixels, and if something like this happens again then that will be the time to give him the big ole permanent boot knowing he was warned well.

"Everybody gets one"

▲ ▲

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 02:43:01 pm »
+3
You little lying twat, you haven't learned a single fucking thing. You're still lying that you sent me some fucking pms to wait and that you asked me not to make a ban req SHOW ME THE MOTHERFUCKING PMs THAT I NEVER RECEIVED

Here are all the pms that were ever sent between us: http://forum.meleegaming.com/global/unban-essay-39319/msg608278/#msg608278
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 02:54:16 pm »
+8
That this whole thing is even being discussed is laughable. The guy is a rampant multi-accounter, scammer and a liar. Are we really forgetting all that just because he made a new thread with a bit more "oh oops, i screwd up, let's say lol and 4get about it k?" ?

Are you guys forgetting what Kalp said? He tried to scam Kalp the same fucking way, his +3 loom for +3 and another +1, if he first accepts the +3 for his +1 trade. Sorry, but just THIS attempt proves that this guy knew EXACTLY what he was doing from the start (aka scamming). He of course denies this being true, whereas Kalp has little reason to make this up just to frame him.

Second, he has been lying to us for 2 threads and over 10 pages. It was PROVEN that he is lying, but he still wouldn't give up. He showed no remorse for what he's done and would not reveal his real name. Instead, he now plays the "nice guy" card, trying to get naive people to believe him.

He has multiple accounts that he hoped to use for covering the tracks of his vile scamming. Multiaccounting by itself is bannable.

If this was an honest mistake from his side, there would be absolutely no need for him to lie about any of this, yet he did and on a pretty large scale if I may add. He did not message Wiltzu or admins or told anyone about this, yet he claims he did without providing evidence. Sure looks like trying to hide something rather than solve an issue.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:22:58 pm by Vibe »

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »
+4
ban he or keep him banned

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »
(click to show/hide)
What?
You said admins can see all PMs, i sent you several Pms and, described their content.
Please check them out and do something about this little kid..

That this whole thing is even being discussed is laughable. The guy is a rampant multi-accounter, scammer and a liar. Are we really forgetting all that just because he made a new thread with a bit more "oh oops, i screwd up, let's say lol and 4get about it k?" ?

Are you guys forgetting what Kalp said? He tried to scam Kalp the same fucking way, his +3 loom for +3 and another +1, if he first accepts the +3 for his +1 trade. Sorry, but just THIS attempt proves that this guy knew EXACTLY what he was doing from the start (aka scamming). He of course denies this being true, whereas Kalp has little reason to make this up just to frame him.

Second, he has been lying to us for 2 threads and over 10 pages. It was PROVEN that he is lying, but he still wouldn't give up. He showed no remorse for what he's done and would not reveal his real name. Instead, he now plays the "nice guy" card, trying to get naive people to believe him.

He has multiple accounts that he hoped to use for covering the tracks of his vile scamming. Multiaccounting by itself is bannable.

If this was an honest mistake from his side, there would be absolutely no need for him to lie about any of this, yet he did and on a pretty large scale if I may add. He did not message Wiltzu or admins or told anyone about this, yet he claims he does without providing evidence. Sure looks like trying to hide something rather than solve an issue.
I see you guys united to get me banned.
I sent him 3 PMs in first minuts after deal, he posted only one and now lie.. Someone said that admins can see all messages, now i see its not true and you decided to use it.
And Kalp again.. i sent him message, he didnt answer. So he say that i tried to scam him too.. Post my message then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:38:02 pm by Equello »

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 03:20:18 pm »
+5
What?
You said admins can see all PMs, i sent you several Pms and, described their content.
they already did, they banned a little kid

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 03:22:53 pm »
+2

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »
+2
What?

Why don't you show us those PMs?

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »
Why don't you show us those PMs?
Where will i get it for you? They dont save.
Here are all the pms that were ever sent between us: http://forum.meleegaming.com/global/unban-essay-39319/msg608278/#msg608278
Its obviously not all my PMs.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 03:37:57 pm »
Where will i get it for you? They dont save.Its obviously not all my PMs.

All PM's save.