1 (worst)
52 (52%)
3 (3%)
7 (7%)
6 (6%)
5 (best)
32 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Unban essay.  (Read 13988 times)

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unban essay.
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »
I was permanently banned on all of my 3 accounts.
I lie a lot, and it only made things worse, so i will show why i did it.

Now i will tell you my story with all facts and only truth.
I had a long rest and wasnt playing cRPG for a long time. I was slowly returning in game and played rather seldom.Last days i spent a lot of time sitting on market and looking for items i need. I had almost 4 millions gold and during last weeks i spent it all on looms.

I have many alts, each one has rather high lvl and 2 of them is even 2nd and 3rd gens. They all have different build so i was interesting in rather huge amount of loomed gear after this transfer innovation.

One of my alts is 1h and i wanted to get some valuable weapon for him. I didnt find any good offers on market and took a look on forums. I found a guy trading his MW nordic champions sword. One of his requests was heavy round shield.I had a short look on market and it seemed to me that i noticed this shield masterpiec. Now i regret of been so inattentive.
Its fact: some people dont spend time on market and dont try to have benefit. I did. Firstly i find item i need. In exchange for it people ususally request what i dont have, i dont have gold as well so then i press  "show other trade according to this gear"(or something like that) and look what i can buy to fulfil his request. Sometimes it help to save some gold or even make profit, if you buy someones item for cheap, while you dont need it- then wait till someone need it and ready to pay more.

That day i found several offers which i could fulfil this way and sent them PM`s from my third account which was created a week ago. Before it was created i used second account to send PM`s. Why did i do it? For some stupid confidentiality. The fact, that i bought this account for my friends is true. I wanted to create my own small clan, where we would play together.
Well, i sent offers on 2 account, not shure maybe 3 and Wiltzu was the only one who answer, all others was offline. In PM i offered him +3 heavy shield for his sword, and +1 warhammer on top. I was trying to sell it for at least 2 weeks, post several offers, but nobody need it now, so i desided to use it this way, moreover, in my mind Nordic champions sword remembered as the best 1h so warhammer was a good thing to warm up him. Reason why i didnt put offer +3round shiel for +3 sword: i didnt need it, and in view of that i never use shield, i didnt want to buy it untill iam shure that will sell it the same moment. I put request of his sword on market and asked him to tell me if he is interesting.

The way, which would probably prevent this was if he didnt accept my offer the same moment and i would have time to stop this trade when find out that there is no shield on market. Then i started to lie, that i sold it to someone els. I was persuaded that if i would say: sorry, havent buy it yet" sounds way more weird. I didnt left him like that, but i didnt offer him his item back, because i couldnt imagine that it will turn this way. I still wanted his sword and i wrongly sent it on my second account instead of main because their nicknames and passwords are almost identical (only numbers are different, i hope you can see it) and i made request from wrong one. That explains why i firstly sent them to second one then to the first. I wasnt trying to hide something, i knew it wouldnt work any way.
Well, i offered him wait some time untill i retire, loompoints and gold, i also asked him to wait 2 weeks untill i loom it by myself.(i wanted to buy it, when it will be on market). Yes that was wrong choise, i had to offer him his sword back, but i didnt do it, iam really sorry.  I also asked him not to make ban requests on me or something, because i knew how weird it sounds. I hoped that he read it and its ok, but that moment he already left and didnt manage to answer. I thought that he is thinking about it and went on market to look for shield again, i didnt find it. After this i left, and when next day go online to read his reply, i found myself banned.

Yes, he did all properly, if i was him i would do the same, and that is my fault that i didnt consider to make this trade safe. Now i really repent of my lie, and of putting Wiltzu in such situation.
You ask, why i didnt post with my main account? Why i hide behind two mine irreverent accounts? Take a look at another accounts, they have 25+ infame, i only wanted to keep it with good reputation, now i guess the same will happen to this one, but i deserved this. This style of hiding my real name unknown.. Now i see. that its stupid and promise that will never use it again.
I wasnt honest, i did all wrong and now iam banned for it. I ashamed of my lie and i really remorseful of what i did. I promise, i will never do nothing like that and will never lie.

Please give me a second chance, believe, that i understand everything, I was completly wrong.
Let me prove that i have changed, and you will not regret.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:13:52 pm by Equello »

Offline FeddyDK

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • TRY NOT! DO or DO NOT, There is no try !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Finnbogi
Re: Unban essay.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:46:43 pm »
+3
Im the only one who cant make it through this post without facepalming atleast twice?

You just cant treat the fonder of g shoes like that  :shock:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:56:20 pm »
Is this actually an essay ban?

I didnt really follow up on this one but the last post by Meow sounds more like a permaban.

If this is a legit essay ban... I demand a possibility to vote!  :!:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 10:32:01 pm »
Is this actually an essay ban?

I didnt really follow up on this one but the last post by Meow sounds more like a permaban.

If this is a legit essay ban... I demand a possibility to vote!  :!:

It`s a perma.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »
Not sure to be honest.

The whole time I could not bring myself to be 100% positive about this guy actually trying to scam someone.
Figured it might be the language barrier and him just being a bit stubborn about saying sorry and all.

He also apologized via PM for saying that he was basically robbed by one of the devs since he remembered where his "missing" loom were.
Sure made me want to gain char xp for the time I did research on all the stuff he claimed but I'm not really vindictive and it shouldn't be the reason he gets perma banned for.
Maybe I can retire to Chairman Gen2.

What still saddens me is that he did not name his main char yet since that seems to be the best way to get some people support him.
Considering he brings 23 gens combined with his alts I am sure there are people who know him in game and would have some good words to spare.

Judging by the posts on his real forum account (this one) he doesn't seem like a troublemaker and theoretically it's possible that shield trade was up and removed since deleted trades would not show.
That's also why I said he can feel free to post this if he decides not to lie about stuff and use this forum account.

Will decide on this tomorrow I guess (moving it to essay or not).
Gotta get some sleep.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:59:55 pm »
+1
I read through his posts, and language is not the problem.  He is trying to use that to his advantage.  He knew full well what he was doing, and thought he was being clever when he was scamming Wiltzu.  Warpag also reported this same guy did the same thing to him. 

Personally I don't mind forgiving and forgetting, but it's just one lie after another with this guy. 

I think this is less offensive than someone cheating or hacking in the video game (social manipulation is certainly something to be shunned, discouraged, and punished) but i don't feel it's anywhere near the same level as downloading 3rd party software to get the advantage in a video game.  And you guys are pretty lenient with hackers.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »
+1
lol this guy again

ah so it's you plA4joy? did i hit the target? 8-)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:06:06 pm by Vibe »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
Give him second chance. Because, well, why not? So many retards got another chance why not this guy?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 12:13:05 am »
Give him a second chance, take away as many looms as he claimed the admins had stolen, then give them to Meow as reward for sorting through this shit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline KC_ascanet

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 05:55:45 am »
He has been through the gauntlet and survived. Unban him and take away some loompoints and put his cash in the lottery!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 06:37:55 am »
Another modern morality tale, very Dickens-esque. 

He has come full circle and accepted his shame and disgrace, and in his lowest moment we should elevate him to once again be one of us, a fully loomed out spergy gen 30 dude with mad +3's.

Unban this man and let his tale serve as an example of the importance of truth and honesty, and how far any one of us can fall if we begin a lie because it's what's easy, when saying sorry and admitting your mistakes is what's hard, but ultimately what's right.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:58:16 am »
+1
Not sure to be honest.
What still saddens me is that he did not name his main char yet since that seems to be the best way to get some people support him.
I would do it, if keep names for more then 1 gen:( plA4joy was the only exception.

Well, i have to thank Meow. He spent a lot of time reading my posts, my lie, and in spite of this he still let me explain something and read it. He is fair admin, he deserves respect and iam very greatful to him. Iam sorry that i hadnt admit it before.
He can keep me banned and it will be fair for me, and he can unban me, but whatever he does, he does it deliberately and he does it right.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:18:10 pm by Equello »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 05:26:44 pm »
+1
Well, if you agree I will gladly provide a list of all your main's nicknames you ever had.

Will get back to this tomorrow, need to initiate phase one of my friday night ritual which is a nap.

Edit: Well, pmed me he doesn't want that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:58:18 pm by Meow »

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »
+2
I think if he wants to keep playing he has to take a punishment.
I also think a new punishment system needs to be enacted. When people are super bad take that which they love away which are looms, money, and gens. Let him keep a couple things, let him pick when, and one character with an average amount of money.
If he is truly sorry and wants to play he can have a older version of his character back and needs to build up to be where he was before. I think a system like this will help people not be bad because not only do they lose time on the game but they lose that which they worked hard for.

It's like a real life ticket. That shit sucks.
I don't mean to be cruel to you Equello, or whoever you are honestly I don't know, but this mod needs a better punishment system.

All Hail MEOW, the great merciful chairmen.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Equello

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »
+1
I think if he wants to keep playing he has to take a punishment.
I also think a new punishment system needs to be enacted. When people are super bad take that which they love away which are looms, money, and gens. Let him keep a couple things, let him pick when, and one character with an average amount of money.
If he is truly sorry and wants to play he can have a older version of his character back and needs to build up to be where he was before. I think a system like this will help people not be bad because not only do they lose time on the game but they lose that which they worked hard for.

It's like a real life ticket. That shit sucks.
I don't mean to be cruel to you Equello, or whoever you are honestly I don't know, but this mod needs a better punishment system.

All Hail MEOW, the great merciful chairmen.

Some reasons why this idea isnt as good as you think.
1.I guess its impossible to remove someone from high gen to low.
2.Each time admins have to think out how many items they should leave on account, because if they take too much items of one guy and leave a lot on another ones account while their offences are similar, it will not be fair at all..
3.It takes much longer time.

Edit: Super bad sounds rather overstatement in my occasion.( my oppinion)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:03:28 pm by Equello »