Author Topic: Current situation in sPvP  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Current situation in sPvP
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:48 pm »
Warriors, Mesmers, Thieves, Guardians. That's literally all you see.

pic related

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TR_Ragnarok

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Fan-Site For SNSD
  • Faction: Astralis/SNSD/AznBoiClub
  • Game nicks: AsianBoyJesse_Astralis / SNSD_Sunny <3
  • IRC nick: AsianBoyJesse
Re: Current situation in sPvP
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »
I wonder whats the current percentage of all warriors using GS....  Dual 1h spec all day everyday!
Don't Stop lets take it back to one forty.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »
Yep it's retarded. In tourney play you'll get some variations but for the most part Thieves/Mesmer/Guardians are by far, the top 3 game changers and must-haves. I don't mind Warriors though, it's more about being a popular class than being OP. I always see 100-blade frenzy warriors in sPvP but they're far less effective than any Death Blossom, Pistol Whip, Heart Seeker/Backstab Thief or Phatasm or Moa Mesmer.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:24:16 pm by bilwit »

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 12:18:42 am »
Yep it's retarded. In tourney play you'll get some variations but for the most part Thieves/Mesmer/Guardians are by far, the top 3 game changers and must-haves. I don't mind Warriors though, it's more about being a popular class than being OP. I always see 100-blade frenzy warriors in sPvP but they're far less effective than any Death Blossom, Pistol Whip, Heart Seeker/Backstab Thief or Phatasm or Moa Mesmer.

Yeah, you're completely right. Never had probs fighting warriors and they're just a popular profession by itself. And yeah, Tournament teams kind of require guardians/thieves/mesmers for the easy mode.

Was just up against Nihilum guild in tourney, they used two guardians on one point for defense, we couldn't do shit.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:51:11 am »
Guild Wars 1 PVP was better. Ability to make a custom build... a lot of skills... etc. This just has one profession, one set of skills, and you can only choose like 3 skills and the healing skill you can choose doesn't really matter.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:51:50 am »
Guild Wars 1 PVP was better. Ability to make a custom build... a lot of skills... etc. This just has one profession, one set of skills, and you can only choose like 3 skills and the healing skill you can choose doesn't really matter.

Eh, I like the overall responsiveness and fluidity of GW2 combat. The last time I played GW1 it just felt really dated. They replaced secondary professions and skill bar build variation with gear/stats setup and alternate weapons but the result is less diversity and depth, however. There's really only maybe two or three viable builds per class. Seems like they were influenced a bit by MOBA archetypes and wanted it to be more about how players maximize their skills within a defined framework. I know it was hell for them to try and balance the hundreds of skills in GW1 especially when they started adding the expansion classes. Also, some of the maps like Khylo and Capricorn seem way too overdesigned and make me miss the old team deathmatch Team Arenas.. in fact the whole Random Arena, 5-win streak = progress to Team Arenas and the Hall of Heroes PvP structure was a lot better :?

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »
Eh, I like the overall responsiveness and fluidity of GW2 combat. The last time I played GW1 it just felt really dated. They replaced secondary professions and skill bar build variation with gear/stats setup and alternate weapons but the result is less diversity and depth, however. There's really only maybe two or three viable builds per class. Seems like they were influenced a bit by MOBA archetypes and wanted it to be more about how players maximize their skills within a defined framework. I know it was hell for them to try and balance the hundreds of skills in GW1 especially when they started adding the expansion classes. Also, some of the maps like Khylo and Capricorn seem way too overdesigned and make me miss the old team deathmatch Team Arenas.. in fact the whole Random Arena, 5-win streak = progress to Team Arenas and the Hall of Heroes PvP structure was a lot better :?

Sorry... tl;dr lol...

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »
Sorry... tl;dr lol...

Even though they had hundreds of skills 75% were useless and never used and you only had a couple builds that were viable competitive wise in the PvP scene.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 01:42:18 am »
Even though they had hundreds of skills 75% were useless and never used and you only had a couple builds that were viable competitive wise in the PvP scene.

Yeah, for hardcore not wanting to have fun people... I made cool builds that weren't necessarily good all the time, but I had fun with them. Now there's no diversity, just what weapon you're using...

Offline GreasySausageSandwhich

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Flint_Beastwood, GreasySausageSandwhich, NFL_QB_AaronRodgers, etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 03:57:29 am »
Guild Wars also had enough time to add a LOT of those skills to the game.

Don't worry, these aren't the only skills you will ever have in the game.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 10:44:48 pm »
Been playing Mesmer in sPvP non stop for the last few days. It's pretty comical how much easier it is than my main (Ranger). I really don't even have to react or worry about anything in a fight. Pretty much do the same rotation of skills and then GG. The only class that gives me a tougher time is thief.

I roll Scepter/Pistol to start out, phatasms + interrupt/daze for epix damage. Then I run up to the target and switch to Staff with Hydromancy Rune to chill them. And then it's just trololol 8s cooldown teleport + chaos armor + effect field. When I'm in a sticky situation I can blink away, stealth, and transfer all conditions. Switch back to Sceptor/Pistol for more dps and repeat until it's GG. If all else fails, Moa transform for maximum trololol. Decent players know how to ignore the illusions/phantasms while splash/aoe'ing them to death but when I can teleport every 8 seconds, blink, and stealth they have to retarget me every time while my phantasms are pounding away.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:52:07 pm by bilwit »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:00 am »
If all else fails, Moa transform for maximum trololol.

Moa transform = I-WIN button
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 08:14:29 am by Vibe »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:39 am »
Sounds like couching cavalry...  :mrgreen:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 08:14:19 am »
Sounds like couching cavalry...  :mrgreen:

Pretty much. Ever been Moa'd? You turn into this gay Moa rendering you completely useless (and you can't get out of it), while the mesmer takes it easy and gets you from 100% to 0% health.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 11:31:12 am »
Use Moa Morph on tornados or liches for maximum trolling.