1 (worst)
89 (40.8%)
10 (4.6%)
11 (5%)
4 (1.8%)
5 (best)
104 (47.7%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Author Topic: The Greatest Unban Essay Ever Written (Expression, Freedom, Maturity, & Honesty)  (Read 17840 times)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
The man is now globally banned on all servers and finally, he has been successfully removed from this community with a swift and fell blow from the banhammer.

Good riddance.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
+2
Amazing, I acctually took the time to read his essay and few other  posts he made cause I dont really know much of this guy and I have too much time today.

Pains me to say Bjord is right as hell. Spook is nothing more than an arrogant fool that thinks hes special and a real asset just cause he acts like a high class douchebag, who clearly either deep down really hates society or just pretends it to stand out from the rest of the croud. And im amazed that some of his followers see him as some great leader just cause he uses lots of swearwords and capslock.

And he made a thread about faking his death? Wot? :shock:

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
+2
Slander is a lie spoken about someone that causes damage to his/her reputation.  Libel is the written form of a slander. Both words imply that a lie has been said and therefore referring to them as "untrue" is unnecessary.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
+7
Alright, Thax, with your legal definitions and pointing out my redundancy. Thanks, though.

Since Spook can't reply to this thread it's useless to keep it open. (I wasn't the one who forum banned him, before anyone brings it up. I lack that power.)

Spook Island, instead of telling us that you would like to be unbanned so that you can play the game, and instead of telling us that you are willing to stop doing the things which you were banned for, you argued the word of the rules themselves, the interpretation of the rules by the admins, and tried to personally condemn the person who banned you, using flatout lies no less, in an attempt to "expose corruption" and win a debate about whether or not you were justifiably banned. It seemed would rather argue with what we said than present yourself as someone who should be allowed to play the game.

You said you obeyed every clearly written black-and-white rule to the letter, but you didn't. Snarky comments aside, you broke multiple forum rules in the process of saying and defending that statement.

In the end, we've spent far too much time dealing with you. Why do you deserve to be singled out with better treatment and more discussion than other people who receive equal ban conditions?

Here's the verdict: At no point did you say that you were willing to obey the rules as they they are currently implemented (on the basis that that system is flawed), and so there's no reason to unban you.