Do you like this idea?

Yes!
39 (61.9%)
Kinda...
18 (28.6%)
No.
6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: "cRPG Kingdoms"  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
"cRPG Kingdoms"
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:55 am »
+18
cRPG Kingdoms
A persistent system to track results of rounds in battle/siege and apply that to a point system which rewards a given "Kingdom" of players each "campaign".

Please read the whole thing, vote in the poll, and if you like it +1 this or if you don't like it or have suggestions - post why.

WHAT IT IS:
This idea is based around having an added level of persistence, strategy, and teamwork added to the everyday gameplay of cRPG players.  It’s goal would be to take the normal gameplay of the public servers (specifically battle and siege) and  add to them a persistent incentive and periodic rewards based on the cumulative results of the rounds - without changing anything mechanically about the current gameplay of those servers.

HOW IT WOULD WORK:
Each cRPG player joins one of 3 Kingdoms.  If a player is in a clan, their clan’s allegiance decides which Kingdom they are in. 
NOTES ON BALANCING THIS
(click to show/hide)

Battle and siege servers resume as they currently do now, but the results of each round are logged by the website.  Each round a player wins, he awards his Kingdom 1 point.  If a clan has 5 members on during that round and wins, they award their Kingdom 5 points (1 per player, so players in clans or not in clans rewards  their kingdom equally). 

** This would not mechanically change Battle or Siege servers at all **
That is important to understand.  Players would not be balanced by their Kingdom, balance would occur just as it does now on the servers.  The only difference would be an overall persistent incentive for players to win rounds for their Kingdom (reward explained below)  rather than just for an often very temporary modifier. 

WHAT IT DOES :
As mentioned, this does NOT change the mechanics of the regular server gameplay at all (balance, gameplay, etc) - the Battle and Siege servers would continue on as they do now, 24/7, random maps, random teams (balanced by current balance system).  The only difference is that the results of wiinning a round awards 1 point to your Kingdom (1 point per player). 

THE REWARD :
The results of points overall per Kingdom would be tracked on the website.  In addition, each player and clan could have its contribution of points listed on their ladder page. 

A “campaign” could last, lets say 3 months, and at the end of that campaign the Kingdom with the highest points is rewarded, and the points system resets. 

The reward could be anything and is still up for suggestions.
Here are some thoughts:

- One time reward of gold and/or xp
- Some other one time reward (Titles?)
- Slight increase in gold and/or xp gain for the duration of the next campaign (until the next campaign ends)
- Some other reward for the duration of the next campaign (Titles?)

Each player of the winning Kingdom (in a clan or not) would receive this reward.

The indirect result of this would be that players had an additional and more persistent  incentive to coordinate and win rounds (aside from multiplier).

THE RESULT :
The result of this should be that average players of cRPG can be a part of something bigger than the in/out of each round of each map, and that the servers as a whole have something larger and more persistent that drives players. 

Some might say Strategus is this.  Strategus in my mind is at an entirely different level than what is being proposed here, and is more suited for those in big clans or the very devoted to the game overall, and for much of the average player base (even many of those IN big clans) Strategus is not of much significance to them.  In addition, Strategus revolves around scheduled battles led by a particular clan, and is completely separate from the public server play (aside from some gold/xp transfer) - whereas cRPG Kingdoms would be simply a result from currently happening public server play which adds a more persistent interest level for average players of the mod. 

In cRPG Kingdoms, everyone could be REQUIRED to join a Kingdom on the website, since there is no change to gameplay or negative impact from doing so.  If it is not required, even a voluntary joining of a Kingdom for the possibility of rewards would most likely involve a lot more average players, whereas Strategus tends to be played actively by mostly a smaller group of very invested players.

So overall, the result would be a majority (or all) of the players, especially the average playerbase, would (through a persistent Kingdom points and reward system) gain more incentive to strive toward winning rounds on public battle and siege servers.

Notes...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:38:36 am by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: "cRPG Kingdoms"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:11:43 am »
Only prob I see is huge clans goin in one kingdom, like all UIF in one and roll the shit out of the rest.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:14:06 am »
Ah, you bring up a good point which is something I forgot to put in the first post....doing so now.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:47 am »
+1
I love the idea!
But, it would kind of be based on skill, so the kingdom with the most autoblocking longsword tards would get more rewards.
One of the kingdoms better be Locia, or someone is going to get hurt.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:06:55 am »
+1
Ok so to get points for a kingdom we have to win a round in siege or battle and the more rounds we win the more points we get for our kingdom allowing us to have rewards? What I'm wondering is shoudnt it be based on percentage of rounds won/lossed otherwise he kingdom with the most active players will just gain all the points.

Or am I missing something
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:31:06 am »
I like the idea but the issue is having clans join one kingdom over another. So yeah like you said in your OP, there is going to need to be a mechanism that tries to keep kingdoms fair.

I do like the idea though but not sure how you're going to try to keep the kingdoms balanced.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:27:35 am »
+1
Ok so to get points for a kingdom we have to win a round in siege or battle and the more rounds we win the more points we get for our kingdom allowing us to have rewards? What I'm wondering is shoudnt it be based on percentage of rounds won/lossed otherwise he kingdom with the most active players will just gain all the points.

Or am I missing something

The idea is that the kingdom numbers would be balanced somehow by the website (which one you're allowed to join at a certain time, etc).  This concept could use some suggestions.

But I do like the idea of using a players win/loss for rounds as a point contributor to their Kingdom....not bad.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:29:33 am »
You know the bots that can be spawned.

They contribute to website kd.....
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 03:40:55 am »
yes indeed

would just need a bit of thought on it but definitively yes!!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 04:02:55 am »
+1

it would try too make pubs work ina team becuz of the reward that winks.., Clans already formed up too dominate the servers....
so its no different when they all join 1 kingdome

+1
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 04:51:41 am »
You know what would be cool. A Persistant World mod style gamemode where you can explore and roleplay in a ginormous map with your cRPG character just as if you're in PW mod.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 05:41:33 am »
You know what would be cool. A Persistant World mod style gamemode where you can explore and roleplay in a ginormous map with your cRPG character just as if you're in PW mod.

Hmmm...
(click to show/hide)

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 06:07:39 am »
So I might have an idea if it isn't too hard to do.

What if we implemented the Performance into everyday playing? Doing this has two very big yet small affects. The first being a number rank like the performance as an additional little "good job for killing people and dying less" pat on the back. We already have the K/D on C-RPG.net we can track so it would be a small change. Thing two is that with this system being implemented maybe the game itself could organize people based on their rank to keep the "kingdoms" balanced but could possibly be an addition balancer in maps on a daily basis?

Example. 20 V 20 map. The game splits people up into the two teams with even numbers but so the teams performance were equal? so that it would be 150 performance vs 150 (or within five hopefully)

Now the issue with this could be 'well what about the clans?' this might be solved because if you have a clan that can massively banner stack siege (Kutt *cough cough*) Then it would balance their 7 players together and keep the team together. So team one has 70 points. Well if everyone else is of a lower rank keep adding until it equals the same number? The teams look unbalanced in numbers but are actually balanced in skill. So the greater number player team actually has a change to beat the Kutt team?

Hows this sound? it's just a idea being thrown out but I feel it has some good points if someone can polish them with me/for me?
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 07:07:02 am »
GenRic I think I have heard that overall performance based on score will be tracked on website soon, so using that to balance this cRPG Kingdoms idea is not a bad idea.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:43 am »
+1
But, players would not be balanced in teams by kingdoms, would they? So, how could anyone (but huge clans that bannerstack an entire team) actually have any influence over their kingdom gaining the most points?
For example, you get 10 players from kingdom A, 6 from kingdom B and 20 from kingdom C in one team. Kingdom A and kingdom B players are good and work hard to win the round, whilst kingdom C is mostly newbies. Kingdom C gets the most points for the win.

I just don't see how rewarding for wins could work... Perhaps giving kingdom points for personal score? Winning kingdom gets some sort of reward for all of it's players, but also top contributors of each kingdom get some sort of special reward?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:44:17 am by [ptx] »