Author Topic: What has cRPG come to?  (Read 26923 times)

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
Re: What has cRPG come to?
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2012, 07:57:13 pm »
Would it be possible to make ingame gold dependent on class?  Sort of make it a supply/demand thing.  If we were to say that 20% cav, 20% range and 60% infantry was the perfect mix, if there was a game with that mix everyone would get 100% gold per round.  But if it were 35% cav,  25% range and 40% range, cav would get paid 57% gold, range would get 80% and infantry would get paid 150% gold.

That way if a class is over represented, people could switch to alts to make better money and it would keep the game balanced.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »
+3
Only solution: Blanket Ban EU.

You misspelled NA
skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »
Would it be possible to make ingame gold dependent on class?  Sort of make it a supply/demand thing.  If we were to say that 20% cav, 20% range and 60% infantry was the perfect mix, if there was a game with that mix everyone would get 100% gold per round.  But if it were 35% cav,  25% range and 40% inf, cav would get paid 57% gold, range would get 80% and infantry would get paid 150% gold.

That way if a class is over represented, people could switch to alts to make better money and it would keep the game balanced.

I don't think making gold gain dependent on class would be possible, but I think doing that for upkeep could work.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:09:39 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:31 pm »
+1
It surely would be more fun with less ranged and cavalry. I agree with that point.
However, the game will balance itself. If too many play the same class you play, they will all be less efficient because of it.

One thing I would like to see nerfed though is crossbow from horseback.
The problem is the 7 str builds with maximum reload speed, accuracy and horse speed.
With all other classes there are different pros/cons depending on build. For a HX there are only pros with the full agility build.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »
Then maybe you should have asked for a rus bow nerf, not doom the all class because a certain build might be op.

I have been asking for a Rus Bow nerf, and I think there is consensus on the dev team that the Rus Bow is overrepresented in the usage statistics, which means its probably overpowered.  Something like 70 percent of archers (or at least ranged damage done) use it on NA and EU.  The Horn Bow is fine, and the Long Bow is probably underpowered, at least compared to the Rus Bow.  The other bows aren't even used, and could probably be tuned up to add more diversity.

I can't help but feel like archer heirlooms are overpowered compared to other classes though.  +3 arrows and bow is 5 more damage that scales on WPF and PD dramatically, plus increased missile velocity and accuracy (unless accuracy cancels itself out based on velocity, i forget how this works). and past level 30 archery builds gives a fully loomed archer an excessive advantage to any other class.  Just a small tweak on damage, -1 or something, would be nice to see.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »
I guarantee 1 way to reduce archers dramatically. Increase the prices (and thus upkeep) of bows and arrows. Longbow is 777 gold to repair if I remember. Think about what it can do though (kill tincans). The 'value' of it is very high yet not so much in cost. Same with bodkins. Typical plated guy wearing around 45,000 gold worth of gear (not including weapon). Typical longbowman is around 21,000 gold (including bow) or so. Double archery costs and watch more players use weaker bows and regular arrows or switch to other classes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »
+3
We're talking about public servers here.  When it comes to strategus if you are too heavy on one class you will be weak versus a certain tactic.  balanced armies are the best armies (IMO). 

I don't see a problem if everyone was cavalry or infantry or archers on the server, that's up to the individual to decide how they want to play.

Instead of QQ'ing about too many of one class, or QQ'ing about a class being "OP", try using tactics...run around in groups.  If you're infantry and there's a lot of cavalry, stay with fellow infantry and your archers.  There's really nothing to complain about besides your own lack of tactics and ability to adapt to the battlefield.

I personally like seeing this influx of archers on the servers, it means more armies will be balanced out (since archers were heavily lacking the last 8 months or so since they nerfed archers the last time).

Please lock the thread, and learn to tactics.  Like someone's forum sig, Rock beats Paper.  I am paper, so buff paper, nerf rock, and scissors is okay.  There's never been an imbalance in the over 1.5 years of me playing the game, as far as I'm concerned.  It's always been about the player's inability or unwillingness to adapt to the current conditions of the battlefield.

Adapt or die.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »
I'm not a fan of pocket xbows. Fucking 2h/polearm heroes can just take an xbow and bolts with them without any significant penalty. Yes, the xbow/bolts adds a little weight, and yes they are expensive, but that's it.

And anyone who meets the str requirement can use an xbow.

I think that WPF should more greatly effect xbow accuracy. I like that the current system is realistic, in the sense that an xbow required little training to use. But it's stupid to see people carrying a crossbow around like it's a fucking sidearm, that they can just whip out and pew pew away on a whim. Perhaps some other drawback could be implemented.
-------------

And I agree that horse xbows should be changed a little. Damage is ok, imo, but there needs to be SOME drawback. Obviously the class is almost useless in melee, but when does melee happen when you ride a fucking Tie-fighter into battle? The rate of fire is less than an HA, but you can hold the xbow up (aim) forever, releasing your auto-aimed shot at the perfect time. Maybe a slightly slower rate of fire would be good, since the primary difference between HX and HA is the way the weapon is fired--slow and deliberate vs fast and furious.
------------

Bows are ok, though it is odd that everyone uses the fucking rus bow. FCC has taken to using archer death-squads, but its funny how often we lose. Maybe we just suck, but since half our team is ranged, the other half just gets steamrolled by the other team's 2h/polearm-hero juggernaut, and the archers are defenseless, unless they sit astride a random mountain.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline richierich

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Richie_PPPPPokeHerFace_BRD, Kesha_Unicorns, This_is_Like_a_Flashback
  • IRC nick: richierich
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:57 pm »
I guarantee 1 way to reduce archers dramatically. Increase the prices (and thus upkeep) of bows and arrows. Longbow is 777 gold to repair if I remember. Think about what it can do though (kill tincans). The 'value' of it is very high yet not so much in cost. Same with bodkins. Typical plated guy wearing around 45,000 gold worth of gear (not including weapon). Typical longbowman is around 21,000 gold (including bow) or so. Double archery costs and watch more players use weaker bows and regular arrows or switch to other classes.

Yeah but bodkins break frequently.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »
+2
Yeah but bodkins break frequently.

All arrows break frequently, Lichen is requesting a nerf that has already happened.

Regarding rus bow nerf, there are really only a few good bows (Horn, Rus, and maybe longbow but it is so slow there is a release delay that IMO makes it a poor choice).

So saying "nerf this bow" is really saying "nerf about half the archers out there".  Ironically I thought that it was the 'run n gun' archers ie hornbow archers everyone was worried about?

TLDR:

oh, this thread again.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »

So saying "nerf this bow" is really saying "nerf about half the archers out there".  Ironically I thought that it was the 'run n gun' archers ie hornbow archers everyone was worried about?

I'd much prefer to see Horn Bow archers who play as light infantry with a decent sidearm who can stand and fight or retreat when they need to, compared to Rus Bow archers who carry railguns on their back while being pigeon holed into running away at mach speed whenever danger breathes towards them. 

Also archers running away then notching an arrow while doing a 180, releasing it at the pursuer, then continuing to run unabated.  I think everyone can agree this is an unfun mechanic, and unfair now that melee classes have turning nerfs across the board for their attacks.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2012, 10:28:34 pm »
+2
Level a hoplite and all your problems are no more!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2012, 10:33:29 pm »
However, the game will balance itself. If too many play the same class you play, they will all be less efficient because of it.

Not true, not by a long shot. The metagame is way more complex.

I'll have to contradict myself.. Nerfing cav and ranged would lead to too many people quitting. Characters are 33+ all loomed up. People will rage hard, and c-rpg might loose too many players.
I still believe that buffs and nerfs are the way to go, it has worked in the past and will work in the future.

Let me put it like this:
* Give soft nerfs to cav and ranged.
* Buff infantry a bit more than soft.

We should see players changing classes then.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »
Combat system is fucking boring, slowmo and netcode screams "CRPG I DON´T FIT YOU" with everything that gets added.

Addiction is replaced with logic every day, more and more. There is no reason to keep playing this, not even the fact that this game has no contestors is enough.
There will be less and less people, it has allready begun.

I just now became one of them.