Author Topic: The Bar Mace  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: The Bar Mace
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »
Similar to the 2h cleaver.. Would be great to have these fantasy weapons removed from the mod (including the lolhammer)..

This was a real weapon, the 2h wear cleaver.

(from the Maciejowski Bible, center)
(click to show/hide)

You may say this weapon looks too short to be a two-handed weapon, but keep in mind medieval artists were not known for their reasonable sense of proportions...and its true the in-game version may be exaggeratedly long. :)  Look at the length of the handle however, clearly designed to accommodate 2 hands.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:50:00 pm by Garison »

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 06:53:21 pm »
This was a real weapon, the 2h wear cleaver.

(from the Maciejowski Bible, center)
(click to show/hide)

You may say this weapon looks too short to be a two-handed weapon, but keep in mind medieval artists were not known for their reasonable sense of proportions...and its true the in-game version may be exaggeratedly long. :)  Look at the length of the handle however, clearly designed to accommodate 2 hands.
I bet Angantyr knows about it :)
Look at the proportions of this weapon, it's length and grip:blade length ratio. Now compare it with the weapon we have ingame. The Native cleaver looks a bit weird, doesn't it?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 07:09:52 pm »
I bet Angantyr knows about it :)
Look at the proportions of this weapon, it's length and grip:blade length ratio. Now compare it with the weapon we have ingame. The Native cleaver looks a bit weird, doesn't it?

Yeah, its a bit messed up.  If I were in charge, I would make it a shorter 2h chopping weapon, with stats similar to the "mace."

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »
As JoG said, yes I am aware of the Maciejowski illustration but was referring to the proportions (which the Maciejowski bible is usually considered pretty accurate in portraying, ie. the illustrators probably had first hand experience with armaments).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:10:27 am by Angantyr »