Author Topic: Unban me or not  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
Re: Unban me or not
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 12:25:32 am »
i mean would you believe that someone with impeccable history in cRPG mod suddenly just cracked like a popcorn and started to teamkill people around ? I don't think so........

I would because it happens and reputation means nada, the second it does start to mean something and people start taking their word for it, there will be mass bans because "that guy tk'd me and hurt my feelings" when in reality they simply had a disagreement over the colour of their shoes or something ridiculous.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 12:41:51 am »
I would because it happens

Sorry but it doesnt. Try to imagine people like Kinngrimm, Oberyn, Ujin, Leiknir, etc, etc, just cracking like that and doing shit....it doesnt happen.

Not even ragers like Serth, Bjord, Joxer, myself, [insert many more names here] do (over the top) shitty things....let alone those calm & cool guys, who you never hear a word from.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 12:45:08 am »
I can imagine Leiknir doing it, that's because I know him so well. ;)

But if you where right there would be no need for an admin abuse forum. As their reputation would be as good as having admin if people should just take their word for it.

Edit: I'm not saying I wouldn't believe those people if they said x tk'd me but I don't have any proof, I am just saying that I would not ban on their word alone. (Thats me personally)

Edit again: Come to think of it we are going off topic of the thread, I will not post any further if you would like to discuss this tho please make another thread. :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:49:12 am by Serfonz »
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 12:47:28 am »
You admins do a great job at monitoring the players and it is an appreciated job.  However, I think the bans are a little strict sometimes.

Team-killing, team-wounding, and chat-spamming are really minor crimes.  A kick will usually solve it, and if they repeat several times, a 20 min ban.  I'm sure this would solve 99% of problems.  I don't see anything wrong with revenge-kills or revenge-wounds.

Now, rules are rules, and the rules are pretty clear that no forbidden activity will be tolerated...but is this a just rule?  We, as a player-base, should appeal to justice in our rule system.

Whats with all these multi-day bans for the most petty crimes of team-killing and the like?

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:20 am »
imo the best way how to deal with TKer or the one who teamhits on purpose is to KILL HIM, and KILL HIM QUICKLY. by this things will be solved by themselves easily. if sbdy is banned for TKing some retard, than it is a sad story for me. common sense comes first imo, or is it not a common sense to fight(TK) retards back?

btw i'd like to see this implemented:
if sbdy TKs than the killed one gets an option: 1 - kick the TKer, 2 - keep him ingame
(or maybe not after 1st TK on map rotation, but by 2nd... was just brainstorming, but general idea is clear imo)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:05:33 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beer

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 04:06:54 am »
a TK for a TK makes your whole team dead...

Offline Syrio_Forel

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Life is fun when you just stop thinking of him
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »
To Gnjus: yes I to have much love for you cowardly xbowmen, but thanks you for read and for yours opinion. I was shocked that you write good word for me. I dont whant talk to you like to complaining child anymore (during 5 seconds).

To Beer: I kill lots of TK, when see if somone attack, schoot or other stupid things and hits teammats i kill him and never be attack by others players of my team. Often they even thx me.

To Earthdforce: GK is cRPG Clan "Great Khans"

To Paul: Maybe it's only a game but you can learn from here. I am sick of people who when see something bad happen never helps. Just pretend they not see anything.

To admins: Try be more patient. Give a chance to say why that happend. The usually there are witnesses who may confirm somone version.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:35 pm »
To admins: Try be more patient. Give a chance to say why that happend. The usually there are witnesses who may confirm somone version.

That doesn't change the fact that intantional TK (be it rage, revenge or prevention) is not allowed.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 06:15:50 pm »
the problem is that the team attackers are getting sneaky now days E.G waiting for an admin to go off or team hitting then when the person go to hit them back they screen it to make it look like their the "Victim" when its a load of bs so its hard to determine who the real team attackers are... 
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 06:17:19 pm »
the problem is that the team attackers are getting sneaky now days E.G waiting for an admin to go off or team hitting then when the person go to hit them back they screen it to make it look like their the "Victim" when its a load of bs so its hard to determine who the real team attackers are...

That's exactly why you shouldn't revenge TK.

Offline Mullerian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 06:19:03 pm »

What you are describing is that its hard to tell who started team attacking first, which is exactly why revenge teamkilling is a terrible idea. While i think its too bad hes being forced off by his beliefs i still believe that if everyone was allowed to revenge tk. That would make it incredibly hard to be an admin as the logs (afaik?) dont actually show who started it and you people can always hide behind the "i was just taking revenge" excuse when team attacking.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »
What you are describing is that its hard to tell who started team attacking first, which is exactly why revenge teamkilling is a terrible idea. While i think its too bad hes being forced off by his beliefs i still believe that if everyone was allowed to revenge tk. That would make it incredibly hard to be an admin as the logs (afaik?) dont actually show who started it and you people can always hide behind the "i was just taking revenge" excuse when team attacking.

Aye, and just to make it even more complicated. What happens if someone by an accident strikes you, and you go berserk and attacks him? Syrio Forels attitude doesnt open for doubt in such situations, and he will then actually be the main offender. Even such logs as you describe wouldnt solve this situation, as the guy who missed the enemy and hitted the teammate looks like the offender in such a log.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:45 pm »
Some games give you options when you are TK'd.

For example, your teamie kills you in the spawn.  When you die, you get a menu:

1. Kill player
2. Wound player to 1 hp
3. Forgive player
4. make player naked the next round

or something like that.  Wouldn't that make this whole discussion (and the admin's jobs) much easier?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:09:01 pm by Garison »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »
To Gnjus: yes I to have much love for you cowardly xbowmen, but thanks you for read and for yours opinion. I was shocked that you write good word for me. I dont whant talk to you like to complaining child anymore (during 5 seconds).

Have you been banned for over a month now ? Cause i think its that long since i used a crossbow last time.....   :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 09:01:38 pm »
Some games give you options when you are TK'd.

For example, your teamie kills you in the spawn.  When you die, you get a menu:

1. Kill player
2. Wound player to 1 hp
3. Forgive player
4. make player naked the next round

or something like that.  Wouldn't that make this whole discussion (and the admin's jobs) much easier?

Maybe it would help a little.   But someone who kills you in spawn probably doesn't care too much about their score or playing the game as it is meant to be played.  Most trolls would probably shrug off sitting a round out or being wounded, and most of them are naked anyways :P
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345