Author Topic: die Goretooth  (Read 17582 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: die Goretooth
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:48 am »
Also, Zisa has had a rather drastic change of heart. :rolleyes:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3389.msg60838.html#msg60838

I think what we need to take from this is that criticism of admins shouldn't be an immediate ban, regardless of how authoritarian your father was.
WRONG.
That was fully justified if you read the chat logs.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 07:44:12 am »
I think this has gone on too far. Zisa used to be an admin, which means she knows what the rules are and knows how to enforce them. I totally believe Zisa, because you don't even say sorry for teamkills, Goretooth. You also use the ban hammer a lot, and it's for reasons that I don't believe are legitimate. Zisa's a good player, and for something like that, she doesn't deserve a ban...

I was on my horse, and I was the last person left. I got a lance, and then you kicked me. I came back and told you that you needed to reform the way you adminned, and you banned me. Allers got banned for saying you were crossing the line when you banned Artemis. People shouldn't be banned for one personal comment, and should at least receive a warning.

Unban Zeesy :(

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 07:50:26 am »
I agree with Zisa. Admins who ban just because they are mildly insulted do not deserve to be admins. Keeping a cool head in the face of grave insults like "idiot" is essential to the job.

Now open flaming of an admin for no good reason is another story, but since Goretooth did hit zisa and didn't even say sorry, I would say that is reason enough for zisa to unleash her foul mouth and spew vile scures such as "Idiot" and "take a pill". thoughts?
Need I say anything?  :rolleyes:

Offline Rhuell

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: Most names that start with Rh, and a couple of others.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 07:58:13 am »
i enjop fightnging goretotj becuawes i like a challenghe and he gives me one!!!
:D
i dobn't knwoew how to spell when i'm drunk!!

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 08:10:43 am »
i enjop fightnging goretotj becuawes i like a challenghe and he gives me one!!!
:D
i dobn't knwoew how to spell when i'm drunk!!

Quoted, in case you sober up and try to edit it.

Also, hate to step in, but I can vouch for Zisa. Always a cool headed player, doesn't troll, I don't see anything that deserves a ban here.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 08:12:56 am »
I agree with Zisa. Admins who ban just because they are mildly insulted do not deserve to be admins. Keeping a cool head in the face of grave insults like "idiot" is essential to the job.

Now open flaming of an admin for no good reason is another story, but since Goretooth did hit zisa and didn't even say sorry, I would say that is reason enough for zisa to unleash her foul mouth and spew vile scures such as "Idiot" and "take a pill". thoughts?

Agreed. I'm not a friend with either person, but I agree with most of things stated in this post.

Offline Rhuell

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 08:19:31 am »
I am  fighting goethitth today on the srver. And, i want to say that i had a goosd fight with him tosday .

Offline Rhuell

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 08:28:28 am »
Hey Zida you shoudl joi us on teamperak becuase we are pretty coolda and chill and we are nice to talk to to. I ghate uour axes cuz they hurt ZxD. But there us a duiffernece betweemn your in game character and the persomn you are. :D/ We have been plaging mincrafty laetfly and it is fun. I am 21 and ui should probably act my age but i don't actuasylly give a shite. :D. I;'kll see you on the se4rver.

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2011, 09:23:41 am »
Going on reputation here Zisa > Goretooth by a long shot.   Especially with all of the admin abuse.  I'm surprised that Goretooth hasnt been booted from admin privileges yet.  You would think the community would at least get it to the % vote before it failed.

Offline IRunUDie

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Freestyler
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2011, 09:30:24 am »
My personal opionin is alot of admins who are recruited are not even sure on what they are doing lol, They bring there personal affairs into the game therfore are not admin material! but hey thats my opionin! i dont want comments on it =)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:23 am »
I think this has gone on too far. Zisa used to be an admin, which means she knows what the rules are and knows how to enforce them. I totally believe Zisa, because you don't even say sorry for teamkills, Goretooth. You also use the ban hammer a lot, and it's for reasons that I don't believe are legitimate. Zisa's a good player, and for something like that, she doesn't deserve a ban...

I was on my horse, and I was the last person left. I got a lance, and then you kicked me. I came back and told you that you needed to reform the way you adminned, and you banned me. Allers got banned for saying you were crossing the line when you banned Artemis. People shouldn't be banned for one personal comment, and should at least receive a warning.

Unban Zeesy :(

Agreed, but don't expect it to be noticed. Whilst punishment was called for on my behalf, I do not think a ban was warranted, I am willing to admit this. Allers, on the other hand, was simply pointing out the obvious and should not have been banned. Not that it matters anymore, as we were unbanned, but I would just like to use it as proof that this is not the first time something like this has happened.

Nothing personal against Goretooth, but sometimes people just have to be rational.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 10:51:57 am »
I listen and talk to those willing and unban very fast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 10:57:57 am »
I listen and talk to those willing and unban very fast.

You should not have banned this person in the first place. And its beyond amazing that devilize allowed this ban to stand. Any other sane person would have removed the ban along with your admin privileges.

This thread and your person are prime examples that the admins need some sort of overseer system.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 11:19:56 am »
You should not have banned this person in the first place. And its beyond amazing that devilize allowed this ban to stand. Any other sane person would have removed the ban along with your admin privileges.

This thread and your person are prime examples that the admins need some sort of overseer system.
He makes a valid point.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:51 am »
     (This is not meant to incite offense in anyone, rather to express as objectively as possible the overarching behavior I feel exists generally between Goretooth and disputably banned players. It is not to say that Goretooth never bans those that deserve it.)

Goretooth administrates somewhat in denial of other peoples' right to have feelings. He keeps behind the line of verbal propriety so as to always have justification against the banal vulgarity of the internet. But on the internet, and especially in internet gaming, vulgarity is banal. Commonplace, within expectation, and most importantly, trite. On the flip side, banning is the most absolute and cold action that can be taken against anyone in a game, which is why its usually reserved for genuine asshats.

The behavior of Goretooth's I'm referring to hinges around heated/negative words towards him, and seems to involve some denial about human communication.

1) Not everyone who communicates in a rude manner is a troll or without a point because they're angry.
2) Every person in front of a screen has feelings, no matter how internet mutated.
3) There is still a message behind the vulgar veil. If it is not uttered explicitly in the sentence, that is because the contextual information passed between you two is abhorrent to the person swearing. So much so, they aren't going to believe that you don't know how you made them so upset.

This couples with forum Goretooth playing everything off as simple and straightforward when clearly many of the people he bans do not think it was either of those things.

Ignoring the context that framed in someone's mind as X event unfolded is cruel because in language people communicate largely by establishing and referring back to contextualized information. The written form doesn't exist without a spoken form to be represented, and is not required for language to exist. It is however needed for us to communicate while gaming, and its fairly obvious that people communicate informally in internet games. So is there really cause for banning because of moderate vulgarity? I'll answer a question with a question.

Should players really have to tip toe around individual admins, even when they feel wronged? I can recall about a month ago, Goretooth tk'ed me and I thought, ahhh Goretooth is an admin, he'll say sorry. I even said 'thank you goretooth' as a joke, expecting an apology. None came. Mission accomplished! I got the feeling he could give two shits about cutting me down to get to more kills. That may not be the case, but many players will risk dying to type sorry after a TK. I couldn't exactly call him an asshole without expecting a kick or ban, so I left.

I think what NA players want is consistency from admins in general on their style. Goretooth seems to decide more by the letter of the law, and thus bans if you do anything to qualify yourself in his eyes. But other admins tend to be more light hearted and take the least necessary action to stop someone from griefing the players at large.

Admins have power. That power influences the fun of the game, making it both a privilege and a responsibility to keep the player base alive so that the game stays fun (especially in NA, since the servers are linked). Every person banned unnecessarily resonates negatively through the experience other players have.

CRPG doesn't have an infinite player base and it likely won't balloon until Strategus comes back. I don't think Goretooth should necessarily be removed, but, Goretooth: I'm telling you, NA players fear you as an admin. Its implicit knowledge that is quickly acquired even by newer players. Maybe you would consider learning to relax the lines by which you admin?

Thanks to anyone who read all of this.