Author Topic: Horse Archery Guide [Notup2date]  (Read 19500 times)

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
Re: Horse Archery Guide
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 05:58:22 pm »
+1
Very nice guide indeed! I was thinking of doing one myself but i never had the time or patience to do it :p

Maybe a tip for new Horse archers to use while on the battle field: when starting to draw your bow, slow your horse a bit, than release the arrow, that way you will gain significant accuracy

Btw concerning your note on my hybrid build, i prefer using it in the following form:
(click to show/hide)
6 athletics brings a big boost when fighting on foot in comparison to having 0 Athlethics
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:10:45 pm by JackieChan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »
+2
Ah thank you Jackie, I probably forgot half of it by time.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »
+1
well done miwiw!

Offline pro.fail

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't need any description to kill you.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_profail
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 12:53:19 pm »
U miwiw bro?

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »
+3

heres the real guide

1.go HA
2.get mad at how useless you are
3.respec to melee

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 02:02:29 pm »
heres the real guide

1.go HA
2.get mad at how useless you are
3.respec to melee

at the moment HA is great at dehorsing lancers/ 1 handed  Cav/ arabian horse riders, but their accuracy/ damage is so low compare to foot archers. I respec 8 times between lancers to HA because the dev said they will give HA speed bonus, which is quite tempting

funny thing is that as HA your bump get more kills than your bow

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »
Miwiw, I need you to make a horsearcher build for me, here's the rules: 2 riding (not more, not less), minimum 3 pd, minimum 3 wm, no ground skills 'cept maybe ps.
Thanks if you do it, ain't sure how I'd make it myself, btw: I'll be using a "bow", not the nomad, not anything higher, "bow", is the only bow I'll be using.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Have fun on your sumpter. :p
At least the aim is fine (better than usual).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 08:02:33 pm »
Wouldn't it make more sense getting only 3pd/ps but then getting 30agi? Will use your build, just wondering ('cept that I'll not have any 1h wpf).
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »
Îf you like to, you're doing no dmg anyway.  :P
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 08:27:46 pm »
Îf you like to, you're doing no dmg anyway.  :P
I could kill a few guys with a sumpter and 3pd and unloomed arrows on max level 20 server, once I eventually buy 3+ bodkins, a 3+ sumpter, and a 3+ bow I'd do some decent damage. :p

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 04:44:00 am »
once I eventually buy 3+ bodkins, a 3+ sumpter, and a 3+ bow I'd do some decent damage. :p
No.  :)
HA is lacking damage even with 5 PD, so with your build it would take 3-5 arrows just to kill a peasant I guess.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 06:19:32 am »
No.  :)
HA is lacking damage even with 5 PD, so with your build it would take 3-5 arrows just to kill a peasant I guess.
Some people always gotta overreact, my main is a horsethrower, I got 4 ammo, 60 pierce base damage, 10% per pt instead of 14%, Way less speed in the throw making unpredictable movement and lucky hits unlikely, way steeper throwing curve, less accuracy, higher str requirement, higher upkeep (lol)... ...and the list goes on, HA ain't that bad...

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 01:25:03 am »
HA ain't that bad...

My last gen used a MW Yumi with MW arrows, I notice I have to shoot 2-3 times to kill a peasant, I have 6 PD, my build is 18/21 with max weapon master. When I shoot arrows at people with armor value higher than 58 most of them glance and does not do any damage at all. Using MW arrows killing horses is not that good either, alot of lancers always get away when you shoot them, if you chase them they will lead you to their infantry. As lancer you can get shit load of kills, HA is really bad no offence. Shooting arrows into shielders is completely retarded, and playing HA duel is not the best option because even if you win you will just realize you have wasted so much time.

Playing as HA i always chase enemy cav that top score, especially arabian horse riders, their horse is easy to take down, but you will always run out of ammos, also using MW arrows against heavy horses is pretty much useless, it do too little damage to them. What Macropus said is right, even with 5 PD most of your arrows hit will glance if you don't use the bodkin arrows, bodkin arrows is pretty much the best arrow. Upkeep as HA is insane, you will lose much more money than you thought and funny thing is that playing as lancer will earn more gold than HA.

I played on level 20 max server too and I sometime topscore as HA, but people did try to poll ban me because they dislike my playstyle. HA is pretty much only for people who are not good at blocking in melee, if you know how to block it is much better if you are 1 handed cav or lancer since HA is more like a supportive class than lancers. Lancers are like strikers, glad they will buff HA/ HT/ HX next patch

Quote from cmp:
Summary   0000405: Fix attacker's speed not being taken into account for ranged speed bonus calculation
Description   Take that, TaleWorlds.

Fixed in Version    2.8.6.3 => FUTURE

;[

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 02:37:21 pm »
My last gen used a MW Yumi with MW arrows, I notice I have to shoot 2-3 times to kill a peasant I have to 2shot pretty much anyone, peasants included if it's in the legs/arms, and I only got 4 ammo. , I have 6 PD, my build is 18/21 with max weapon master. When I shoot arrows at people with armor value higher than 58 most of them glance lol, obviously you're wrong, fuck, on my archer alt I was using unloomed "arrows" and an unloomed tatar bow with 4pd, low wpf, and medium armor, still only glanced on plate legs/arms, once I got 5pd, some decent wpf, and slightly lighter armor I never glanced on shit still using unloomed gear and normal arrows and does not do any damage at all. Using MW arrows killing horses is not that good either, alot of lancers always get away when you shoot them, if you chase them they will lead you to their infantry. As lancer you can get shit load of kills, HA is really bad no offence. Shooting arrows into shielders is completely retarded, and playing HA duel is not the best option because even if you win you will just realize you have wasted so much time. Reason you get many kills as a lancer is that it's one of the classes with the highest ability to play gay, couching unawares, raping assholes 24/7, and killing late spawners, gay as fuck, HA duel is not a waste of time more than anything else you do in cRPG, it's a computer game, you gain no real shit from playing it, and HA duels are fun, you seriously bitch about lancers being able to outskill you and dodge your arrows btw? If they dodge your shit then it's a fail on your part, ofc shooting arrows into shielders is retarded, as retarded as regular archers shooting shielders with their shields raised towards them not engaged in melee, but, you can like, bump/bumpshoot/draw a 1h sidearm against them...

Playing as HA i always chase enemy cav that top score, especially arabian horse riders, their horse is easy to take down, but you will always run out of ammos, also using MW arrows against heavy horses is pretty much useless, it do too little damage to them. What Macropus said is right, even with 5 PD most of your arrows hit will glance if you don't use the bodkin arrows, bodkin arrows is pretty much the best arrow. Upkeep as HA is insane, you will lose much more money than you thought and funny thing is that playing as lancer will earn more gold than HA.
So, what I get from you here is that you shot at the horse and not the player, which is gay and should not be effective, that you can't aim, and shooting at someone with a negative speed bonus is retarded, your own damn fault, also, you admit to fucking stalking one player forever which is an extremely gay style, I mean seriously, and bitch please don't tell me about your upkeep, okay? My gear got the upkeep of a plate user on a plated fucking charger, my weaponry alone is fucking 40k, do NOT bitch about your CHEAP HA UPKEEP.

I played on level 20 max server too and I sometime topscore as HA, but people did try to poll ban me because they dislike my playstyle. HA is pretty much only for people who are not good at blocking in melee, if you know how to block it is much better if you are 1 handed cav or lancer since HA is more like a supportive class than lancers. Lancers are like strikers, glad they will buff HA/ HT/ HX next patch
Let me correct you, HA isn't for people who don't know how to block, lancer is, if you get dehorsed as a HA you won't have the ps do decent damage and will have to block a lot more, and HA in general takes a lot more skill, as a HA you'll have to aim, if you can't aim, again, lack of player skill does not make what he's playing insanely up.

Fixed in Version    2.8.6.3 => FUTURE

;[