Author Topic: Third Age Total War  (Read 37654 times)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Third Age Total War
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 10:41:37 pm »
the people who made this mod really put in some effort. awesome game. making it feel like new for me. Dwarfie armies attack!! man i wish i had some cav tho hahaha
Leader of BS

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 12:38:39 am »
Its a really fun mod, and challenigng too if you have it set to very hard both settings. I played as eridor, and reuinted the kingdom of arnor. It was tough gondor got run over by morder right off the bat, and by the time i get down to teh rohan/gondor area mordor and rhun were killing rohan too. rohan had like half their land and gondor had 3 provinces. And this was withotu isengaurd who i rushed and killed right off the bat. I had to send shit tons of armies down to their land for like 100+ turns atleast constantly fighting harad and mordor to try to reestablish rohan and gondor. I was able to re-establish rohan and most of gondor, but i had to invade harad and capture and massacre the populations of all their cities as well as destroy all the buildigns in their cities to stop the endless waves of harad troops into gondor so i could finally restablish it. I remember taking cities with over 100,000 peole in harad and killing all the peopel till there was like 3,000 and no buildings. Scorched earth tactics/genocide won me the game. Mordor fell easily after harad was neutralized.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:39:51 am by Lemmy_Winks »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »
Sounds nice! I downloaded and installed everything as the instruction says, but when I load the game and start a battle, it crashes with an "unspecific error" .....

Ya the game has some minor bugs in terms of running the game. I remeber the launcher was a little messed up and i often had to start steam in offline mode and then run the launcher, or start another kingdoms game exit out and then start the third age kingdoms game. I also had the same bug as you a few times, i think checking integrity of game cache or somethign helped a bit, i dont remember the exact solution to the problem but its basic. Maybe moving the installation from one kingdoms game to antother, like from teutonic to americas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 10:22:07 pm »
Before you hurt yourself, avoid Rhun as the Dwarves until you get crossbowmen. It will be a very annoying challenge until then. (By that I mean field battles, sieges you lol them)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:32 am »
yeah i noticed this fighting misty orcs who had a bunch of skirmishers. Had to chase them around the map and devise traps to catch the buggers. Or run like mad till they ran out of ammo.

I have some crossbow and axe throwers now which make life a little easier. Really miss cav. Where are the war pigs when you need them!
Leader of BS

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 12:13:44 am »
I think in the area of Beorning Dwarves can recruit light cavalry as mercenaries. At least i remember recruitung some while playing the Dwarves of Ered Luin. It's probably just because i played with FROME, but you could at least give it a try.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »
I appreciate that. I enjoy the infantry game but not being able to stop runner or chase down archers quickly becomes a pain pretty fast.

I have gotten decent at walking a unit behind them and chasing them into it. But takes time and leaves one of my units in a tough spot if it gets hit.
Leader of BS

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 08:16:19 am »
Has anyone else had the crashing on starting battles bug??? It has the weirdest fix Ive ever seen in a game or mod. LOL DAMN U DAYLIGHT SAVINGS

Anyways, Ive been playing Rhun lately and the campaign seems pretty easy so far. I had a few close calls but found that vetted javelin throwers are just beast.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:17:52 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:40 am »
It's no stainless steel that's for sure.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 07:43:07 pm »
Definitely my favorite TW mod next to Europa Barbarium.  I'd buy it.

I like the atmosphere they create with the music and video clips and the way every faction is balanced so you really do feel like you're part of a massive good vs. evil world war that you might lose.  I haven't spent much time with the latest version, but in the last one every time you're doing a little too well the AI would start pumping out these full stack armies in cities under siege or you run into special characters that can wipe out an entire army if you don't have the right thing to counter them. 

And this was withotu isengaurd who i rushed and killed right off the bat.

I usually took out the Orcs of Gundabad right away then would recapture the Rivendale from the Orcs of the Misty Mountains and defend the bridges there.  That's about the point when the invasions of Bree would start happening though and then it would just be fighting off hordes of full stack armies.  I never had time to explore all the factions but that was probably the most difficult human one, at least on VH/VH.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »
i did not know you played this dyna. yeah this is the most well put together mod for total war i've ever seen, perfectly balanced and everything. this and the call of warhammer mod

Yeah I love this mod - we should schedule a multiplayer battle sometime. Same for you, Mr. Ohay!

My biggest problem with the mod is actually that it plays so versatile and different with each faction that half way into a campaign I get so excited about someone I just fought that I want to start a new campaign with them already  :D

So far my favorite faction to play with (I think) are the elves. It is so epic to shower tons of charging baddies with arrows, breaking up their lines. Then drawing swords and rushing in ridiculously small numbers into the mass of enemies and finishing them of like a boss!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 12:22:34 am »
would love a multi fight sometime. If you do not already have me Baleohay on steam. Lets get this going.
Leader of BS

Offline agile

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Agile_Astralis
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 01:39:51 am »
I've been playing this for about a week now. One question though, how do you get custom settlements or culture? I go to custom battle and want to play a defense at minas tirith but it says I need a large city and custom culture to play in it.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 01:59:10 am »
I've been playing this for about a week now. One question though, how do you get custom settlements or culture? I go to custom battle and want to play a defense at minas tirith but it says I need a large city and custom culture to play in it.

Means you have to add a large city + custom culture to the map. Take a look at the left of the screen where you choose the map. =P

Offline agile

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Agile_Astralis
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 05:37:08 am »
When I go to the drop down menu its empty.