• Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: first
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 12:58:14 am »
Extensive and expensive are 2 different words....just saying :D

Oh and:
The Americans won the revolutionary war because it cost a lot of money, was unpopular in England, a large portion of the English army was surronded and was going to be captured (being captured usually meant dieing in a prison camp, which were worse than chocolate chip cookie concentration camps) or killed if England didnt make peace, and most of all because France and Spain were making plans to invade Great Britian and conquer the whole country.

Im sorry to say but: On what planet? The English army was never in North America, as I stated before, there was NOONE to send them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:06:03 am by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:17 am »
No

Atleast none of the GK's anyway...

You've clearly not been on TS in a while. I think we had 5-6 of us on last night  :P

Erm, hate to break this to you, but the North American's of the 13 colonies won their revolution because England didn't oppose them. The king at time was insane (EDIT: I mean, he was INSANE, he had no connection with reality whatsoever and was dieing of syphylis), his cabinet was in disarray, and no serious attempt was made to supress the revolution. I'm not English, or British, this isn't propaganda of any sort, but you really should do some research before swallowing the shit you were taught in school. I was in the US for a short period and what the education system tried to teach me shocked me with its vast distance from any fact or reality.

Pretty much this. The only reason there was any opposing force in America was simply as damage control. Britain at the time had very limited interest in America. In comparison to other colonies it wasn't particularly wealthy, the Caribbean (primarily Jamaica)/India and eventually South Africa were vastly more important. Whilst losing America was a slight embarrassment for Britain, it wasn't really damaging in any way to the Empire. As evidenced by almost another 200 years of successful rule of the colonies.

I'm British and we don't even learn about this at school. It's not really considered important to us. All that I've learnt about it has come from wide reading so I'm not even particularly biased. America has a tendency to overplay the victory of the revolutionary war when concerned with Britain. During the period it really wasn't very major.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:15:02 am by Overdriven »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 02:14:43 am »
Double post.

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 04:24:03 am »
This thread is full of british people talking about the revolutionary war after admitting that they were never taught about it in school. And America was the wealthiest and most valuable colony the british had.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38:40 am »
Goretooth and some other KUTT members talked me into buying it tonight.

First off, I don't really complain often about wasting $10, but WOW. WHAT A WASTE OF $10.

First round, 27-2. That shouldn't happen in a "new" game, even if it is DLC. Shitty shitty shitty. No reason to play it either, no levels that I saw in the servers I was in, no means to drive people to improve. Just a bunch of people talking shit when they've -5 in KD ratios and bitching about people who use melee instead of shoot, reload for 10 seconds, and shoot again.

Though I will admit, it may be worth the $10 just to get the Howlitzers and Rockets and play those classes, but if you want to rape face, just hop on a Heavy Cavalry and drive-by 1hand everyone. Half of them don't even know how to tap x to switch to melee mode so it's easy as shit.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 06:21:46 am »
This thread is full of british people talking about the revolutionary war after admitting that they were never taught about it in school. And America was the wealthiest and most valuable colony the british had.
lolwut
I would have thought the Caribbean and Asia would have been more valuable.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 09:21:58 am »
Goretooth and some other KUTT members talked me into buying it tonight.

First off, I don't really complain often about wasting $10, but WOW. WHAT A WASTE OF $10.

First round, 27-2. That shouldn't happen in a "new" game, even if it is DLC. Shitty shitty shitty. No reason to play it either, no levels that I saw in the servers I was in, no means to drive people to improve. Just a bunch of people talking shit when they've -5 in KD ratios and bitching about people who use melee instead of shoot, reload for 10 seconds, and shoot again.

Though I will admit, it may be worth the $10 just to get the Howlitzers and Rockets and play those classes, but if you want to rape face, just hop on a Heavy Cavalry and drive-by 1hand everyone. Half of them don't even know how to tap x to switch to melee mode so it's easy as shit.

Sounds like the NA servers are once again shamefur dispray.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:49 am »
Well if you want to play the game with a cRPG-attitude, DONT BUY IT. It's not about one person running to the front and killing all with a bayonet. Its much slower, as reloading guns takes ages, reloading cannons takes its time. But its much fun if you like the mood. It feels kinda real, esp. commander battle is so much fun. I usually take artillery there as you have your own cannon and don't need to distribute it with others  8-)

And battles with nearly 500 ppl (ok, 90% are commanded bots) and lines of fire are really intense. I love it.

Theres more in this thread: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,29013.0.html
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 11:43:09 am »

There's a reason why India was called the jewel in the crown of the British Empire. America was a colony of farmers and lowly merchants in comparison to the wealth and prestige that India, Africa and Caribbean brought.

And as I stated...I've read a lot of books about it. Most Americans have just been listening to some teacher spiel crap from an appalling curriculum. I wonder which one is more likely to be factual  :rolleyes:

If you've been to University or College you will understand that a lot of what you learn at school is crap. One of the first things a lot of lecturers tell you is 'immediately forget everything youve learnt at school because its wrong'.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:46:32 am by Overdriven »

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »
There's a reason why India was called the jewel in the crown of the British Empire. America was a colony of farmers and lowly merchants in comparison to the wealth and prestige that India, Africa and Caribbean brought.

And as I stated...I've read a lot of books about it. Most Americans have just been listening to some teacher spiel crap from an appalling curriculum. I wonder which one is more likely to be factual  :rolleyes:

If you've been to University or College you will understand that a lot of what you learn at school is crap. One of the first things a lot of lecturers tell you is 'immediately forget everything youve learnt at school because its wrong'.

Ya, India is so much wealthier than the USA. Which is why we live in big houses and eat lots of mcdonalds and people in India live in the street and dont eat anything.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:26 pm »
 :rolleyes:

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:40 pm »
Ya, India is so much wealthier than the USA. Which is why we live in big houses and eat lots of mcdonalds and people in India live in the street and dont eat anything.
But you aren't a colony anymore...
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:30:28 pm »

:lol:

Not even going to ask if you know where India is on a world map.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:32:15 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:16 pm »
This argument can only be settled by a howitzer duel.

Also, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ5FRbdoOSQ  OFF THE BOAT!