• View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Macro users
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 02:24:37 pm »
+7
There should be some sort of anti-macro/script system as was present in most (example) Counter-Strike tournaments and matches.

Detect any sort of macros that automates feints/attack-patterns and ban 4 life.

I don't see an issue in rebinding for example CTRL + J to something easier though and that would be the hard distinction I presume, e.g. rebinding a single command to something else is fine, it is when you suddenly bind several moves that otherwise would require you to both move your mouse several times plus use the keyboard, the macro automates something that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise and that is cheating in a game like MNB and FPS games in general (FPS would be the best to compare against).

MNB != RTS in any way and thus macros that give an edge (e.g. automated feints) should not be allowed -- IMO it is as bad as using autoblocker -- the person behind your character has to be you not multiple automated responses.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 02:50:20 pm »
100% agreed. Makes me sad that autoblockers sometimes get unbanned also...I just dont understand, why do you play skill based game if you are not going to do the skills yourself? Its like playing Gran Turismo and pausing each race at the start, enabling the autopilot, and then WATCHING it real time....you are better of watching an action movie, your imput is the same and the music is better...
I don't know enough

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »
I just spam those retards, although I can do this shit easily in Native without macro and a simpleton $5,- mouse. While this dude in the movie was bragging on the server that he got a $150,- mouse.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:56 pm »
there is no macro user who can escape from good old friendly archer...
P.S. word fаgcher gets changed to my old friendcher :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:08:51 pm by Latvian_Knight »
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Atze1

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Libere Equites
  • Game nicks: Eques_Atze
  • IRC nick: Atze_
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:02 pm »
+1

Legit or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BxMDc2fCMw

I don´t use Marcos and i can do these feints on my own, so i dont know if he uses marcos or not. But the speed in native is a way higher and with the 2h native stab attack (in my opinion too fast) you can easily do these feints and its not that easy then to decide, if he makes a stab attack or a swing. But in cRPG these feints are slower and if you understand how they work, blockable and easily too counter.   (If you use chambers for eg.)

I just spam those retards, although I can do this shit easily in Native without macro and a simpleton $5,- mouse.

Yep, just spam or try too chamber but good players can still block by doing these feints    :P
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:16:38 pm by Atze1 »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 03:12:12 pm »
It's not hard to manually do quick feints like that. It *is* hard to block while you are doing them, since your screen is moving all over the place. They also aren't nearly as useful in cRPG.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 03:18:18 pm »
+3
There should be some sort of anti-macro/script system as was present in most (example) Counter-Strike tournaments and matches.

Detect any sort of macros that automates feints/attack-patterns and ban 4 life.

I don't see an issue in rebinding for example CTRL + J to something easier though and that would be the hard distinction I presume, e.g. rebinding a single command to something else is fine, it is when you suddenly bind several moves that otherwise would require you to both move your mouse several times plus use the keyboard, the macro automates something that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise and that is cheating in a game like MNB and FPS games in general (FPS would be the best to compare against).

MNB != RTS in any way and thus macros that give an edge (e.g. automated feints) should not be allowed -- IMO it is as bad as using autoblocker -- the person behind your character has to be you not multiple automated responses.

This.

+ a file scan check everytime you start up CRPG, so modified files are a no no
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »
+3
+ a file scan check everytime you start up CRPG, so modified files are a no no

That from the guy with the pink arrows... HAHA!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 03:57:36 pm »
It's not hard to manually do quick feints like that. It *is* hard to block while you are doing them, since your screen is moving all over the place. They also aren't nearly as useful in cRPG.

Exactly. There's only a very few people who can do feints like that and block any spam attempts. 99% of people doing those kinda feints can't block.

Tobi, who's in the video, doesn't use macros. I very much doubt any good players in c-RPG do either.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »
It's lolfeints not macro feints, and yes even some cRPG players succumb to the temptation on occasion, Atze and Darian for example.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »
It's lolfeints not macro feints, and yes even some cRPG players succumb to the temptation on occasion, Atze and Darian for example.

The problem with cRPG nowadays is that everyone can block, everything is super slow (compare it to Native you'll agree), everyone can take 5 hits (and sometimes you die in 2 hits with Lordly tincan armor...) and your damage is very weak usually, it is fucking boring and it can end duels against noobs easy.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
+1
Whether or not Tobi's got his feints macroed is debatable. It's much more a concern for native anyways (Just go to Nditions behold the spastic parkinson feints everyone is magically able to pull off)
Macros really aren't that effective in cRPG, where it's mostly about outranging, going for double attacks and the occasional kick/chamber.

I fought people in cRPG who openly ADMITTED having their feints macroed and they were just as blockable if you fully concentrated on not messing up (people may bitch about the snail like combat speed in cRPG but it actually comes in quite handy because macro (ab)users aren't a real problem for overall fairness in combat).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:03:08 pm by wayyyyyne »

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 06:17:20 pm »
I made a new video, check the original post or this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0K9Va0Uk-Y

Both guys pull of 5 feints at same time of 0.701 seconds. Coincidence?

I call inhuman to be able to perform right swing, and thrust consequently without error 5 times under a second.

I think you shouldn't focus so much on Tobis when trying to catch a macro user. Super fast, sure but certainly trainable to some extent and he probably plays this game like 10 hrs a day (I see him every fucking time I'm on Nditions) . I bet you can find way better examples of more obvious macros at Nditions this instant.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:20:51 pm by wayyyyyne »

Offline Vote

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »
+1
Whether or not Tobi's got his feints macroed is debatable. It much more a concern for native anyways (Just go to Nditions behold the spastic parkinson feints everyone is magically able to pull off)
Macros really aren't that effective in cRPG, where it's mostly about outranging, going for double attacks and the occasional kick/chamber.

I fought people in cRPG who openly ADMITTED having their feints macroed and they were just as blockable if you fully concentrated on not messing up (people may bitch about the snail like combat speed in cRPG but it actually comes in quite handy because macro (a)busers aren't a real problem for overall fairness in combat).

The guy (in general) with macro feints does not really do them, his camera is in reality not going up and down (what you normally would await by such feints), he never loses the view to his opponent and his fingers are not busy. He just keep pressing one button on his mouse and confuses with epileptic feints the enemy, when he presses RMB he blocks while feinting, when he release the button, he makes an automatic swing. This is an advantage.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:33:31 pm by Vote »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2480
  • Infamy: 2990
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 07:21:08 pm »
I'm still waiting to hear some names.