Poll

do we need Nuclear power in our life ?

I am power whore  gimme gimme
I know the Danger but its acceptable for that Power.
Not sure...
Well im not hippie but we dont need them
Green is the answer !

Author Topic: Nuclear Power Plants ... do we need them ?  (Read 8681 times)

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Holy_Diver
Nuclear Power Plants ... do we need them ?
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:01:47 pm »
Well we saw the earthquek in japan.they are the people who get used to earthqueks.but now they are gonna suffer for nuclear fallout.

im saking again:

Do we need them ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Power Plants ... do we need them ?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:05:56 pm »
Yes, they're a "clean" source of energy, produce almost no pollution.

And it's actually pretty safe, hell a 8.9 earthquake with a big ass tsunami and all that crap and the core is still standing and contained in one of those japanese nuclear plant.

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »

And it's actually pretty safe, hell a 8.9 earthquake with a big ass tsunami and all that crap and the core is still standing and contained in one of those japanese nuclear plant.

well im gonna see your clean power when people start giving a birth babys with 3 legs or 1 eye.you will never learn your lesson from history arent you ... its not mother natures fault !

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:17:28 pm »
Ok, cool, having to deal with someone ignorant.

I'll just take my leave, so have fun with your 3 legged babies.

Fast little edit: Nuclear power is more green than most other sources of power.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:23:12 pm by Patricia »

Offline Erika_Furudo

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »
Currently so do we need them. We don't have that much of power income available so we need everything we can get.
And as mentioned nuclear power is much more enviroment friendly if we compare to our biggest source of power - oil.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:25:56 pm »

Well yes.
If you can find a way to store all the radioactive dirt for hundred thousands of years SAFELY.
Or actually design nuclear power plants that don't fuck up whole regions when they explode or stuff.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:28:12 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline Korrupted

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:45 pm »
I would say no, we do not need it. Nuclear reactor's were designed to power submarines not cities. Earthquake or not, they are dangerous and do pollute.

All that aside, don't know how informed you all are but there have been 3 explosion's thus far in Japan. The Japanese government isn't giving all the details, I just hope the radiation doesn't spread to far.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 07:28:11 pm »
I would say no, we do not need it. Nuclear reactor's were designed to power submarines not cities. Earthquake or not, they are dangerous and do pollute.

All that aside, don't know how informed you all are but there have been 3 explosion's thus far in Japan. The Japanese government isn't giving all the details, I just hope the radiation doesn't spread to far.

I'd be glad if the radiation was to spread so that it could kill a bit of the world's stupidity.

Offline burakx

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • HAIL !!!! and KILL!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »
I'd be glad if the radiation was to spread so that it could kill a bit of the world's stupidity.

well i understand from that sentence you gonna die first.

Offline Vance

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 07:54:53 pm »
Nuclear power might help prevent a load of wars over resources.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »
Wtf is this constant fear mongering? Greenies got their titties in a twist over this? What happened was absolutely the worst possible case scenario. Even that didn't cause a nuclear holocaust like these idiots would like you to believe. Not to mention that this crap pile was over 40 years old to boot. Then you make statements of '3 eyed babies' and shit. Yeah lets see what that does to world health when we dont have electricity to run hospitals, store food etc. Then to boot we can use traditional power sources just to satisfy your green perversion and see how that'll work. That shit causes tons of pollution. That'll save the planet.  :mad:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
Wtf is this constant fear mongering? Greenies got their titties in a twist over this? What happened was absolutely the worst possible case scenario. Even that didn't cause a nuclear holocaust like these idiots would like you to believe. Not to mention that this crap pile was over 40 years old to boot. Then you make statements of '3 eyed babies' and shit. Yeah lets see what that does to world health when we dont have electricity to run hospitals, store food etc. Then to boot we can use traditional power sources just to satisfy your green perversion and see how that'll work. That shit causes tons of pollution. That'll save the planet.  :mad:

But dude! You have to understand, 3 legged babies!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 08:01:51 pm »
But dude! You have to understand, 3 legged babies!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Well let's ask our native chernobylian, Mtemtko hows the radiation working for yah eastern europeans?

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:13 pm »

Many things we have now came from military use. Remote controlled cars were initially a military project. And aeroplanes. You can't say we shouldn't use it because it was designed for military use, not commercial
Anyway, how else is Japan gonna power itself?
They had to invade part of China after  world war one or two (can't remeber which). They have very natuarl resources and the cost to go green would be billions. Japan can't afford billions right now, lets face it. It would also take, money no object, at LEAST one decade for Japan to become fully powered by green energy. And there's all the visual pollution caused by the way they would harness the green energy
Nuclear power is likely to be the largest source of energy in the next 20 years. If it isn't, it will defintly be second

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:29 pm »
The risks of NPP-s are obvious to all. Problem is that this is the most effective Power Source of this time. Period.

How would we replace them? Solar Panels? Wind Farms?
These "Green" technologies aren't effective at all, they are in their early periods of developement, taking too much space, and not generating enough power to give up all the land.

We have to live with this, until we find a better power source.

Fusion Reactors could be the answer for this, but that isn't even possible with our current tech. level.
Only problem with Fusion Cores that they would destroy a huge area around them if they blow up. But no Radioactive fallout at least.
It's like "Pick your Poison.".
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:07:09 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!