Author Topic: Turn off Kick pollling on NA1  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Turn off Kick pollling on NA1
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »
So i was fighting on NA 1 today and was kicked at x5 for trying to fight Partyboy. After everyone else was killed in round one on a map where most people didn't have the download i got off my horse to fight so that it would go quicker and more people could join. The second i got off for a 1 v 1 duel partyboy tried to horsesteal so i said screw it and remounted. I then went to search for his heavy lance so i could actually attack from my horse and was votekicked. An admin, Tydeus_GG was on and saw the whole event. Not only did he not turn off polls he validated this kick, accusing me of delaying even though I was the one votekicked for trying to hasten the roundend. Now i'm banned for being stupid enough to be on a server with votekicks on and a knee jerk admin.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I suppose i should have just stayed on my horse and circled near melee range against a pike for 4 minutes until the flags went up, because it seems that certain admins prefer to validate shitty poll abuse than actually do their job. Sure feels great getting punished for trying to maximize the enjoyment for the rest of the server.

Like to hear an actual decision on this because normally i would never dismount at the end of a round, and i got completely fucked for doing the charitable thing for the server since i figured the duel would hasten the next round so everyone could play.

Not sure why votekicks are ever on when an admin is in server anyway. Seems like a way for admins to get away with letting bullshit that would never pass as an admin decision while looking the other way.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Turn off Kick pollling on NA1
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:50:36 pm »
Forgot to mention, not only did tydeus validate the kick accusing me of delaying when i was the one who dismounted to try to fight, he then banned me afterwards which is the point of this post.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »
The poll to kick you was entirely justified though. You got off your horse and dropped your lance, the opponent whistled for your horse, you flipped out, got on your horse, then proceeded to ride around randomly until you were removed from the server by the poll kick. The kick was certainly justified if, inside of one round, you get polled and kicked before the end of the round. Which is why, when you purposely horsebump people two rounds in a row, instead of getting a warning, you receive a ban.

Furthermore, the considerate thing to do (if you were really trying to hasten the round) would have been to ride to a corner of one of the ruins, dismount, then kill your horse so he couldn't steal it, and proceed to melee or you could have simply engaged from horseback. You chose neither though.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:46:32 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »
The poll to kick you was entirely justified though. You got off your horse and dropped your lance, the opponent whistled for your horse, you flipped out, got on your horse, then proceeded to ride around randomly until you were removed from the server by the poll kick. The kick was certainly justified if, inside of one round, you get polled and kicked before the end of the round. Which is why, when you purposely horsebump people two rounds in a row, instead of getting a warning, you receive a ban.

Furthermore, the considerate thing to do (if you were really trying to hasten the round) would have been to ride to a corner of one of the ruins, dismount, then kill your horse so he couldn't steal it, and proceed to melee or you could have simply engaged from horseback. You chose neither though.

This is a blatant lie, i proceeded to search about within sight range of my opponent (not at the edge of the map which i could have easily done had i been trying to delay) searching for the heavy lance he dropped until i realized i couldn't find it and as i was engaging him I was kicked off the server. Beyond that i blatantly posted in chat what my plans were I openly stated that i would have fought him off the horse had he not tried to steal it (all i had was a quarterstaff which is not going to kill a mamluk in the time it takes for it to be called), and I blatantly stated i was searching for a heavy lance once he ganked mine. This will all be easily noticiable in the logs so it's a moot point.

You were just upset because you were one of the ones waiting because of the download. This isn't the first time you've used admin as your own personal fiefedom, you're the only admin i see changing round limits on maps you don't like on more than rare occasion for instance, or outright just mapswitching because you don't like a map when most of the server says it is just fine. I'm not sure why you get to be a dictator when every other admin has to play by the rules but i'm certainly hoping it grinds to a screeching halt.

You can claim whatever you want, the logs will show that everything i have said is the truth- also the only reason i started bumping people was because i was pissed because you openly said in admin chat you were going to ban me. Yeah it might not have been the right thing to do but when and admin is getting giddy on a power trip what else do you have as an option in the seconds before you get banned?

e: For the record this has nothing to do with Partyboy and everything to do with Tydeus's consistent record of admin abuse and the garbage that is allowing polling to be on when people who are admins should be doing their job. If i needed to be kicked then Tydeus should have done it himself instead of hiding behind the validating a poll rather than doing the kick himself (which he wouldn't have done because logs will easily show that i shouldn't have been kicked).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:01:42 pm by Ylca »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »
It doesn't matter what you said you were doing. The fact is, only two people were alive for three minutes, one of which had a horse, the other was on foot. At that point, if you aren't actively engaging, within 20/30 seconds, it's pretty clear that you are delaying. It's the rider's responsibility to take the initiative to engage, to keep the round progressing as an unmounted melee player cannot catch a mounted one. Rather than kick you myself for your delaying though, I did you one better and let the players decide as the poll had been cast.

I haven't changed any of that in a very long time, we don't even have those rights any more. If you can somehow prove that I have changed the "map when most of the server says it is just fine" I'll resign from being an admin. Somehow though, I know you won't be able to come up with such a thing. So save the rubbish personal attacks for another person, thanks.

Edit: I had actually set your ban to 12 hours, from the initial 24. But seeing as how you believe you're in the right, I'm setting it back to the initial 24 hours so you can do a bit more thinking about what you possibly could have done to keep yourself from even being polled, not to mention, returning to the server and purposely horsebumping people two rounds in a row.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:12:37 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:20:34 pm »
It doesn't matter what you said you were doing. The fact is, only two people were alive for three minutes, one of which had a horse, the other was on foot. At that point, if you aren't actively engaging, within 20/30 seconds, it's pretty clear that you are delaying. It's the rider's responsibility to take the initiative to engage, to keep the round progressing as an unmounted melee player cannot catch a mounted one. Rather than kick you myself for your delaying though, I did you one better and let the players decide as the poll had been cast.

I haven't changed any of that in a very long time, we don't even have those rights any more. If you can somehow prove that I have changed the "map when most of the server says it is just fine" I'll resign from being an admin. Somehow though, I know you won't be able to come up with such a thing. So save the rubbish personal attacks for another person, thanks.

Edit: I had actually set your ban to 12 hours, from the initial 24. But seeing as how you believe you're in the right, I'm setting it back to the initial 24 hours so you can do a bit more thinking about what you possibly could have done to keep yourself from even being polled, not to mention, returning to the server and purposely horsebumping people two rounds in a row.

Whatever feel free to jerk around on your power trip. The logs show exactly what i was doing and if you want to try to label me as a delayer because you want to protect your image the logs and my history of over a year without a ban or a kick for anything will testify to the type of CRPG player i am. I don't delay, i made clear exactly what i was doing, and you frothed at the mouth because you couldn't play for an extra 30 seconds while i tried to find a valid weapon to use while on horseback. Though thank you, you've made it abundantly clear that i should never attempt to get off my horse for any reason because if i do a sea of idiots will chastise me no matter how much i explain my reasoning. No good deed goes unpunished.

People leech every day and get a 2 hour ban, i try to expedite a round and i get  24 hour ban, that definitely sounds like great administration there.

Also kudos on admitting you decide your ban length on how pissed of you are at a person defending their reasonable actions. Seriously mature there, definitely a pillar of the community that should have the power to decide whether people can play or not.

What a joke.

e: 20 or 30 seconds? try less than 15 seconds as i decided if i couldn't find one in that time i might as well just suicide charge. I can't wait until the logs are viewed because then your bullshit will be brought directly to light.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:24:03 pm by Ylca »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »
Unless Ylca has a history of doing this, isn't a 24 hour ban for a first offense of a single round of delaying excessive? Not trying to be a dick but it does sound like you are letting your personal feelings into it Tydeus. Other admins should look at this, at this point and decide. Neither Ylca or Tydeus are going to be objective about their points.

E: As Ylca just posted, he admits he probably won't be objective about his side of the story now due to the exchange. Calling for a different admin, to look at this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:40:47 pm by Rikthor »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »
Unless Ylca has a history of doing this, isn't a 24 hour ban for a first offense of a single round of delaying excessive? Not trying to be a dick but it does sound like you are letting your personal feelings into it Tydeus. Other admins should look at this, at this point and decide. Neither Ylca or Tydeus are going to be objective about their points.

To be honest i was having a shitty day and all i wanted to do was play a bunch of CRPG i'm probably way more pissed of than this justifies. I'm going to take a few hours before I post again. Still think it's bullshit though cause i feel i got shat on for trying to do the nice thing when i didn't have to.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:07 pm »
He was banned for charging down his own teammates with a heavy horse from spawn two rounds in a row, which Ylca even admits to doing in this thread, presumably being warned to stop doing it and continuing anyways, disrupting the server.

Ylca also has a ban history, for team killing at spawn, something I remember watching happen.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:43:22 pm »
It really depends how long he was riding around in circles. I am more inclined to believe he was riding around in circles for way more than 30 seconds if he was polled for a kick. Those polls don't happen instantly and he probably had more than enough time to engage the enemy from horseback and if not that its quite easy to slaughter your horse out of the range of the enemy. Besides being kicked than coming back to take it out on the players that kicked him. Well that wasn't very nice or mature and that needed to be dealt with but a 24 hour ban seems excessive. So I agree that Tydeus is in the right and I would have put the ban at 12 hours but the posts by Ylca show that he intentionally bumped people maliciously when faced with a ban so unless he apologizes for that then id keep it at a 24 hour ban
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:27 pm »
It really depends how long he was riding around in circles. I am more inclined to believe he was riding around in circles for way more than 30 seconds if he was polled for a kick. Those polls don't happen instantly and he probably had more than enough time to engage the enemy from horseback and if not that its quite easy to slaughter your horse out of the range of the enemy. Besides being kicked than coming back to take it out on the players that kicked him. Well that wasn't very nice or mature and that needed to be dealt with but a 24 hour ban seems excessive. So I agree that Tydeus is in the right and I would have put the ban at 12 hours but the posts by Ylca show that he intentionally bumped people maliciously when faced with a ban so unless he apologizes for that then id keep it at a 24 hour ban

I openly admit to bumping people after being informed i was going to be banned anyway. If that warrants a 24 hour ban then i guess i deserve one. See you all in a day and fuck the spergdom that allows admins to do whatever they want whenever they want with no repercussions.

To the people whom i bumped who didn't bullshit poll me out of a match i was fighting i apologize, i shouldn't have dragged you into my issue with the mods who allow garbage polls to go through with absolutely no repercussion and i shouldn't have taken out my frustration on the general population, but given that i knew i was going to catch a ban for doing nothing i used the time i had left to be a bit of a jerk.

As to the "i'm more than inclined to believe" that's a part of the problem, an admin makes a claim and it's accepted no questions asked. Perhaps we should make sure the admins are actually worthy of their titles and instead of choosing people who have been around forever choose people who actually know how to administrate a server. This still doesn't touch on the fact that vote kicks should always be off when an admin is actively on the server which i think should be a standardized rule.

Again, the lesson here to me is never dismount, never try to speed up a round. Had i just circled my opponent occasionally getting at all close i wouldn't have been banned in the first place. I love how admins disincentivize being a decent player while completely ignoring the droves of people who actively try to make this game shitty (leechers, non-weapon players, colluding players) that i see every day.

I have certainly learned how CRPG is to be played.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:21 pm »
He was banned for charging down his own teammates with a heavy horse from spawn two rounds in a row, which Ylca even admits to doing in this thread, presumably being warned to stop doing it and continuing anyways, disrupting the server.

Ylca also has a ban history, for team killing at spawn, something I remember watching happen.

A ban history? I would absolutely love to see this because as far as i know this is at very most my second ban, my first being a long time ago when i was a complete new player. Unless you're talking about on the LLJK servers.

Congrats on keeping the admin "we have to collude with all other admins" circlejerk going with your twisted and misrepresented claims though, really mature. Again let's me know exactly the state of the decent player on CRPG, no point in being one you'll get banned for longer than an active troller if you run afoul of the wrong mod on the wrong day!

Here's to Goatee being the smartest CRPG player of us all!

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
Log of the situation, starting right after he killed the second to last enemy and asked for the duel, ending after the talks about it end:
(cut completely irrelevant chat, kills and joins)

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Disabled smileys for this post so they won't show in the logs as icons.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:45:34 pm by Meow »

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 08:36:41 pm »
You are correct, Ylca, the logs will show what happened. You were riding around looking for a lance, as you say, but you were also typing out what you were doing. A poll came up, and you started typing some more while riding around, complaining about the poll. Then Tydeus said something, and you started arguing with him, still riding around not doing anything of consequence. Master of the field came up, round ended, you got kicked, whatever. You came back on and ran over a handful of people, getting 5/5 teamwound reports, came back again and then got banned for intentional teamkilling.

I think this whole situation didn't stem from the circumstances behind what you were doing, but your own indignation at the events as they happened. It led to a lot of unnecessary time you spent typing and riding around not doing what you said you were doing.

This still doesn't touch on the fact that vote kicks should always be off when an admin is actively on the server which i think should be a standardized rule.

It is sometimes hard to remember to check for them being on until a player submits one. Most of us turn them off when we're gonna be on for a while. The admin at hand agreed with the poll in this case anyway.

Again, the lesson here to me is never dismount, never try to speed up a round. Had i just circled my opponent occasionally getting at all close i wouldn't have been banned in the first place. I love how admins disincentivize being a decent player while completely ignoring the droves of people who actively try to make this game shitty (leechers, non-weapon players, colluding players) that i see every day.

I have certainly learned how CRPG is to be played.

The lesson here is to stop typing for once and to actually play the game.

Remember, as you say, you tried to get off your horse, but then you got back on it, and weren't able to use it effectively because of the circumstances (losing your lance). You didn't achieve your goal of ending the round quickly, and as a result you ended up making the round last longer than it would have.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 08:40:43 pm »
I don't have access to logs at the moment so I can only ascertain what happened from reports.. Tydeus said you were banned for charging down people at spawn repeatedly with a mamluk or w/e heavy horse, and you admitted to doing as such in this thread..

I didn't say you had a massive ban history, but you were saying you've never been banned before, when I know that isn't true.  You have one other ban recorded on official servers.

Poll kicks have been pretty much left on to deal with delaying horse xbowmen on the servers because there is always some clown trying to be a hero, often with a horse or a high athletics archer running away.  Players tend to get sick of this stuff and enact democracy so they don't have to watch while dead someoen ride around doing nothing for 2 minutes while they are at 1x.

I don't know exactly what happened but if you were banned for running over teammates after getting mad that you got delayer-polled, it seems like a reasonable ban to me, Ylca.  Tydeus also stated that your ban would be significantly shortened if you apologized in his original ban on the site.. but you seem to of gotten too defensive.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login