Author Topic: side sword or long spada?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
side sword or long spada?
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:01:33 am »
if I want a loomed one, which one is better?

stats are relative same, but what about market re-sell value?
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: side sword or long spada?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 05:29:43 am »
I'd say the long espada is probably better for battle, due to the extra length. Both are nearly worthless on the market as far as I can tell (I can't sell my lespada to save my life).

In any case, I would strongly recommend getting a sword with more swing damage. A blocked thrust leaves you stunned for a brief moment, preventing you from blocking. Since one-handers are fairly short, you have to get close to attack people. This means that in group combat, there will usually be 3-4 enemies in range to attack you. That stun can easily get you hit.

The stab also loves to hit teammates to your right side, even if you aren't thrusting in their direction.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:21:03 am »
Only if you know how to aim the stab very well (into faces and stuff) and know your positioning very well (range control and preventing glances on the swings) I'd recommend either of them.
My personal favourite is the long espada, the extra reach makes the stab even more dangerous.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:14:04 pm »
I was tempted to buy a long spada for use on horse back, so maybe that will expand the market a little?
Although i did see alot of long spada's on the market and the lowest one was 1.2 mill.
So yea, not really a profit maker there.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:30:02 pm »
The long espada is a great weapon once masterworked. I loomed the side sword though, cause I like it looks and it's quite rare on the servers.
But atm the Nordic Champion's Sword is the way to go. It's length and high cut damage make it the best choice imo. Also the italian sword is used a lot recently, kinda like the side sword many many months agos, but not that op.
Haha, I remember how nearly every 1h used this sword. Here are the old stats:
Weight: 1.3
Speed Rating: 101   
Length: 95   
Damage: 32, cut   
               26, pierce

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:12:31 am »
I think I'll go for spada.

(I has a x1 side sword I swept from market when it was like 250k... and somebody want to exchange it for a spada sooo)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:36:11 pm »
On paper, the thrusty swords look awesome: 31p, 150 range on a 100 speed weapon that you can use with a shield ( +3 long espada).

In practice, they glance at any range <90ish (which also stuns you), and the stun after being blocked gets you killed A LOT. The unpredictable 1h thrust hitbox means you will whiff on what looks like obvious hits, and TK teammates WAY off to your right all the time.

All that said, when you actually pull off a spinthrust into someone's face to one-shot them, it is one of the most satisfying experiences in this game.  I do better when I pick up a +3 elite scimitar, italian sword, NCS or KAS, but I have more fun with my +3 long espada.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:38 am »
Thanks all!

i'm now the owner of a thrusty tempered long espada!

fear the stab!

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 03:02:05 am »
from my exp playing and trading don't loom that swords.

arabian cav sword if you want to be cav
italian,long arming,knightly arming sword,nordic champ sword are good if you want to be infrantery rest of items are crap and you can't sell them.

It is waste of time and money. I mean +3 sword cost less then some +2 items.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:15:18 pm »
arabian cav sword if you want to be cav
italian,long arming,knightly arming sword,nordic champ sword are good if you want to be infrantery rest of items are crap and you can't sell them.

It is waste of time and money. I mean +3 sword cost less then some +2 items.
Arabian cav sword is fugly. Long arming and knightly arming look boring aswell. Italian looks well but many use it and the NCS just does nasty damage.
Like I said, take the NCS and loom it. Except the 97 speed, which is still fast enough though, the NCS has no cons. The 21 stab damage look little, but it still hurts and makes the sword more viable than scim for example. 

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 08:55:17 pm »
On paper, the thrusty swords look awesome: 31p, 150 range on a 100 speed weapon that you can use with a shield ( +3 long espada).

In practice, they glance at any range <90ish (which also stuns you), and the stun after being blocked gets you killed A LOT. The unpredictable 1h thrust hitbox means you will whiff on what looks like obvious hits, and TK teammates WAY off to your right all the time.

All that said, when you actually pull off a spinthrust into someone's face to one-shot them, it is one of the most satisfying experiences in this game.  I do better when I pick up a +3 elite scimitar, italian sword, NCS or KAS, but I have more fun with my +3 long espada.

Haha i thought it was my fault that i tked so much with the LEE. I tked them with stab while not even hitting them cause of the total weird 1h stab.
On the other hand my 1h stabs often glance or go through enemys without doing anything if i use LEE. Could it be the weapons hitbox is not really good adjusted or is this all a drawback of the ridiculous bad 1h stab.