Author Topic: How to: remove an admin  (Read 27603 times)

Offline Garrus

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Imperial Potato Peeler
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Vakarian, GK_Garrus, Puncinella, GK_DrZoidberg
  • IRC nick: Garrus
Re: How to: remove an admin
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 12:14:02 am »
Thatswhy I have included the "über admin" option.
The problem is that its not easy to maintain a vote for reliable players.
Yes, maybe we need the following hierarchy (from strongest to weakest):
1) über admins
2) reliable players (ofc they cant make own decisions, they are only affected in the previously mentioned process.
3) common admins
4) players

and we need to make a fixed list of both admins and reliable players.
EDIT:
But damn.. how to make that reliable player list.
I mean, imho there are obvious names:
Phyrex, Tommy, KenDo, Phazh, (!!Bjord NOT!!) etc. who are serious players, I personally trust their word.
Actually, lets say guy A makes this list by collecting other's tips,
but !!guy A himself have to know the players on the list!!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:21:23 am by Garrus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mylet

• The ugly
  • Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 5
  • Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Mylet
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 01:18:21 am »
- I make 15 registration, then I can vote out any admin.

No. Try reading the op again.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 01:57:23 am »
The whole idea of voting out admins is flawed and should be removed, since most admins are part of clans and stuff ingame(which is another big no-no to admining, i know, sorry.) it becomes too personal people use there opinions to base judgement from.

You should make senior admins to monitor the newer admins and help them see what there doing right or wrong, the senior admins need to be hand picked by chadz, be people he trusts to be fair with the rules he places on the servers. As of right now all thats forming is a rift between players and admins and sooner or later all admins will be voted on and and probably voted to be removed, most the people that will be checking the threads will be people with a grudge against an admin.

You'll never have everyone happy with an admin democratically selected or not, there will always be those against and those for, the problem is those that are against are normally more vocal about it.

Just a note: I'm not an admin, not a friend to anyone that is an admin and not part of any clan, these are my points of view on the subject.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 02:00:02 am »
- I make 15 registration, then I can vote out any admin.

> get found out by IP or otherwise
> have your cRPG vault permanently wiped
> ???
> worth it
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 02:33:27 am »
This system is plainly flawed.  The admin should be allowed unlimited defensive posts.  One post in defense is a joke.  Unlimited users are allowed to post their hateful anti admin posts subsequent to any defense post by the admin in question.  As it is, the system allows for unlimited anti admin posts, no pro admin amicus posts to show that the anti admin posts might be false or misleading, and only one single admin defense post which undoubtably will be followed by many anti admin posts that the admin can not address.

Solution:

Unlimited Admin defense posts.

Pro admin posts by other users to counter the anti admin users.  3/4's majority required for a removal

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 02:37:45 am »
The admin can edit their first post. Allowing pro-admin users to "counter" would turn the whole thread into a big mess. And if you allow that, then everyone needs to have unlimited posts. Your suggested system is a lot more flawed.

Edit: and posting that in the wooki thread will get you warned/muted and the post deleted.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:38:52 am by Xant »
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 02:44:22 am »
The admin can edit their first post. Allowing pro-admin users to "counter" would turn the whole thread into a big mess. And if you allow that, then everyone needs to have unlimited posts. Your suggested system is a lot more flawed.

Edit: and posting that in the wooki thread will get you warned/muted and the post deleted.

Hell, I could get any admin i want removed right now with this system.   The thread would be a big mess.  And it should.  This is messy stuff.  In this system you just edit out most evidence against the abuse in question.  Editing posts doesn't work so well as you might think.  People used to reading forums read from the bottom.  They may never read the admins post again to see if it is edited.  Also, editing a pre post to address post ones is counter inuitive and may be ignored or not really understood. 

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 02:49:28 am »
How exactly would you go about removing any admin right now? You understand that getting those 15 votes isn't enough, right?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 02:59:50 am »
all it takes is a nomination.  There are hundreds of trolls here.  It's like if i walked around with a petition to legalize throwing manure at others.  I'm sure i could get 15 people to sign it.

Look at Balton's threads.  He has already nominated 2 admins and is well on his way to getting 15 for PTX.  Then it goes to polls.  Internet polls?  The option that usually wins those is always something like "bewbs".  Definitely needs like 75% of votes for removal, 50% is not hard to get.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:04:18 am by Boss_Awesome »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 03:04:38 am »
Yeah, so? The real voting begins after the 15 +1s have been gathered.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2011, 03:24:26 am »
This thread makes me cry.

Physically

Mentally

Spiritually.

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2011, 03:25:23 am »
unfortunately, the 15 +1 WILL be gathered.  do you really think there arent 15 butt hurt kids out there pissed off at PTX because he ACTUALLY DID HIS JOB, and they deserved to be banned?  just look at the banned threads.  Most of them are rediculous, and those guys deserved to be booted.  I have heard better and more logically presented arguments from convicted criminals who were clearly guilty.  Just read any of the completely illogical posts by Grey in his hillarious read from last week when he was banned for being racist.
Most of these retards actually believe they were wronged.
Opening up the admins to a public forum for voting just creates a whole new host of problems.  these admin issues should just be settled privately and quietly with moderators and the victims.  Democracy clearly doesnt work in situations like this.  Even the US doesnt let the public vote on removal of officials.  It is settled behind closed doors by a panel of appointed officers who sole job is the research of that particular issue.

edit:  this is like letting prisoners vote on whether to get the judge and lawers who sent him to prison fired.  patently rediculous.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:27:45 am by jspook »
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2011, 03:46:54 am »
"Even the US.." is a rather shitty argument. If anything, if the US does it then any organization that wants to be effective should do the opposite.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2011, 03:47:17 am »
We should elect some kind of "council of elders" with seasoned players, known by the community for their participation, which means their forum activity. I know this sounds stupid on the first glance, but I think you can check very well if someone is suited (or not) for an elder role by simply looking at the posts he is writing. Only few people with many posts are constantly trolling. All the rest is pretty interested in participating in the community life, so you can assume they would make good elders.

THOSE are the people who should vote if an admin gets demoted or not, and not some random "omfg lmao +1 for aboooooooooze!!!!!11111" internet retards, which seem to reproduce expontentially in any part/aspect of the internet.  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline jspook

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Auphan
  • Game nicks: Pit
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2011, 03:57:01 am »
"Even the US.." is a rather shitty argument. If anything, if the US does it then any organization that wants to be effective should do the opposite.

Troll less, and maybe I would care what you have to say.
If you bothered to read the context of the statement instead of stopping after those three words, you would understand the subtext of what was printed in my statement.  Namely that pure democracy for the sake of public opinion is just anarchy and chaos.  Even Plato thought democracy was a joke, and insisted that a head of state was needed, because by and large.... People are stupid.
And the United States, which touts our liberal democracy as a voice of the people, isn't even stupid enough to poll the public as to whether we should remove an official from office.  The last say is always within a panel that is hand selected for the purpose of investigation.  end of story.
"Scissors needs a nerf because he beats me every time, but rock is just fine" - paper